Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

Que the whinging from the "family" men about being out of the house all weekend blah blah because it's so hard for the missus to drive with you to the cricket! God forbid they might enjoy themselves sitting with the other wags.

Doesn't matter what the constitution says anymore, the rules around it changed a few years ago so you're not bound to it. As long as what you do is legal, game on.

Que the whinging from the "family" men about being out of the house all weekend blah blah because it's so hard for the missus to drive with you to the cricket! God forbid they might enjoy themselves sitting with the other wags.

You're a total fool. Family first, then work, then cricket.

Common sense decision by ECA, most grades called off tomorrow with another decision at 9am for the Shield grades.

Given that a month ago Melbourne was facing torrential flooding, and they waited till about an hour before the game to call it off i dont expect anything less here.

Common sense decision by ECA, most grades called off tomorrow with another decision at 9am for the Shield grades.

The ECA rules/exec are significantly better than the DVCA. In a nutshell:

For B Grade and below its called off if the forecast for the day is 37 and for 1st XI it's 40 degrees or above at 9am on the day of the game.

Due to it being so much higher (42 forecast) the night before, the association were PROACTIVE and pulled the lower grades the night before, and have pulled the 1st XI teams at 7:45 this morning. Both announced well before they were required to.

Light years ahead of the idiots running the DVCA.

For B Grade and below its called off if the forecast for the day is 37 and for 1st XI it's 40 degrees or above at 9am on the day of the game.

Due to it being so much higher (42 forecast) the night before, the association were PROACTIVE and pulled the lower grades the night before, and have pulled the 1st XI teams at 7:45 this morning. Both announced well before they were required to.

Unfortunately, being light years behind everyone else is nothing new for the DVCA and it's organisational staff.

Can already see what happens today, everyone has to turn up to the ground and play about 40 minutes of cricket in 36/37 degree heat and then the games will be called off.

We are trying to increase numbers and participation, and it's days like these, having to turn up for half an hour, that will drive more blokes away. A lot of guys would have made the trip back from the beach/river/holidays last night or this morning, which could have been avoided.

The DVCA rules allow for the round to be called off at this very minute! The executive/ground committee has the authority to make any decision they deem fit when adverse weather is in effect. 34 at 10.00 in Viewbank, give you the tip it's not going to get any cooler.

L
The DVCA rules allow for the round to be called off at this very minute! The executive/ground committee has the authority to make any decision they deem fit when adverse weather is in effect. 34 at 10.00 in Viewbank, give you the tip it's not going to get any cooler.

That's why I put, the ECA rules are better, as well it's significantly managed better than the halfwitted morons on the DVCA exec. They have the power to make a common sense decision, and choose not to. They've just announced to go to your grounds.

Jesus Tongs, don't hold back, tell us all what you really think lol.

Ok I will. Let's be honest, I'm only saying what most think, but many don't want to for fear of breaching a "social media policy" that their own exec members don't follow.

Yes, I get "they're volunteers". I get they "do their best". But the reality is, they continually make idiocitic decisions that baffle most, and in no way enhance or strengthen the competition.

The president is nothing short of a bully who continually attempts to intimidate other exec members (the good ones) to get his way, or forcing them to eventually quit.

His right hand man (the administrator) is the biggest puppet since Kermit the frog, I'm surprised he can even walk with the Presidents hand so far up him telling him what to do and say all the time, he just fires off whatever the president tells him to leaving all responsibility on the administrator and not himself. He's a spineless bully.

The rest of the exec are too powerless/gutless to take them on. So the comp has to continually plod along, being reactive making decisions constantly. Rather than a powerhouse competition in touch with modern day reality. And whilst those that sit at the two most important positions remain there, the comp will continue to tread water, or slowly sink.

What would you do differently though?

It's all well and good for "most" people to think this, but I was there when Maxwell stepped down and witnessed the deafening silence from the floor when nominations for president were asked for. If not them, who? No one else is putting their hand up.

What would you do differently though?

It's all well and good for "most" people to think this, but I was there when Maxwell stepped down and witnessed the deafening silence from the floor when nominations for president were asked for. If not them, who? No one else is putting their hand up.

Agree. It is hard enough to get people to stick their hand up at club level. Who will move to a DVCA role when their first love is the club? It is easy to sit back and criticise the DVCA executive, why don't the experts on these pages put their names forward and do the hard yards?

Agree. It is hard enough to get people to stick their hand up at club level. Who will move to a DVCA role when their first love is the club? It is easy to sit back and criticise the DVCA executive, why don't the experts on these pages put their names forward and do the hard yards?
Seems to me that even if anyone was on the executive, any proposal put forward would be knocked on the head. Unless they start showing some guts and start moving with the times, why would anyone bother to try and contribute?

Back