Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

How do you think those clubs have created established teams? They weren't gifted them, they were proactive and worked hard to make their club appealing to girls who would've built up the numbers across time and perseverance.

I suspect many of the women's teams around have existed in some form or another for many years. Plenty Valley women's teams probably still have ex Bundoora United players going around, for example. As I said, unless there is a large influx of women into the DVCA, the few that do trickle in will be lost to the established clubs. Looking at last years girls comp for the kids, it appears that a significant amount of players were lost from it not half way through the season.

It's all well and fine to pull out the middle management for dummies handbook and say "be proactive and work hard" or "make your club appealing to women", but in the end that's just passing the buck onto the clubs because you yourself have NFI of what to do or how to attract girls into the sport. The roots of the problem go far deeper than just; not enough advertising.

The women in cricket issue highlights the corrupting influence of government.

The only reason clubs are chasing females is to get their hands on government grants (i.e. taxpayers money).

What's wrong with a club being for men only? Shouldn't men be able to have their own space? Do men's sheds really want 50% female membership?

And what of the women? Do they really want to hang around a bunch of uncouth male cricketers? Or would they prefer to have their own clubs?

It was one of many issues and one that had a lot of time spent on it due to the DVCA's lack of a future plan, not simply because the Mash clubs didn't want a bye (or two in some cases).

The comp want to bring one club in now (BP) and then basically wait and see what happens in terms of what's next, which just isn't good enough. There's no plan. No thought of a restructure and another Shield grade if there's one, two or three more clubs that want to join in the next 12-24 months. They don't even know how long Diamond Creek will need to help out in Mash Shield. It's all very ad hoc and glaringly amateurish. But, it's how Joe wants it, so it's how it's going to be.

Questions asked on the night about what's next, which club/s are next in line to join and fill the hole in Mash, etc, etc, were all met with "We don't know, but clubs will most likely fall over themselves to nominate to join when they see BP has been accepted". Nobody has spoken to other clubs or investigated what the NMCA are actually doing, they're just happy to say "the NMCA will fall over and we'll have our pick... maybe!" They're not interested in investigating any of this either. The only firm answer they have is that the capped number of clubs will be 32 - there's no timeframe set for that number to be reached or any work going into making it happen.

The bye was just one aspect of the discussion and Joe has cherry picked that to give himself a massive pat on the back to say he's got his way in getting this across the line. A 'win' that took him 3 rounds of voting, mind you! At least Diamond Creek have been able to fill a hole for now and appease that aspect of the Mash clubs' opposition, but nobody knows how long that will need to be for.

You mean to tell me that Dictator Joe, was being Dictator Joe once again? It’s hardly surprising, it’s how he’s always operated. His way or the highway everytime, holding others to ransom.

The women in cricket issue highlights the corrupting influence of government.
The only reason clubs are chasing females is to get their hands on government grants (i.e. taxpayers money).
What's wrong with a club being for men only? Shouldn't men be able to have their own space? Do men's sheds really want 50% female membership?
And what of the women? Do they really want to hang around a bunch of uncouth male cricketers? Or would they prefer to have their own clubs?

Have any clubs obtained funding on the back of promoting themselves as having women's teams? I really don't know. I have no issues with men's only organisations, or mixed, but if your club is anything like mine, the women are already involved. Wives, girlfriends, sisters and mothers are already involved helping run the club, from organising their child's team, to being on committee. We can't be that uncouth if the ladies are regular attendees at games and functions...well, I hope not anyway haha.

You mean to tell me that Dictator Joe, was being Dictator Joe once again? It’s hardly surprising, it’s how he’s always operated. His way or the highway everytime, holding others to ransom.
Another crack at the admin from the cheap seats from Tongs. You don't play in the comp anymore or hold any club admin roles, why don't you put your hand up and go on the DVCA exec? That way you could see first hand how it really works. It's pitiful that people pot other people who do what they do voluntarily.

Another crack at the admin from the cheap seats from Tongs. You don't play in the comp anymore or hold any club admin roles, why don't you put your hand up and go on the DVCA exec? That way you could see first hand how it really works. It's pitiful that people pot other people who do what they do voluntarily.

The Exec has a whole do an ok job. There is always plenty of room for improvement, (fixtures? Website?) but you’re 100% spot on that they are volunteers who spend much of their time to benefit the comp and full credit to them.

Joe on the other hand, I know first hand to be a power hungry, bully who throws his weight around intimidating - players/captains/umpires/exec members to get the result he wants. He holds the rest of the exec to ransom by forcing them to make decisions he wants out of fear that he will quit. Knowing there isn’t anyone putting their hand up to do it.

The Exec has a whole do an ok job. There is always plenty of room for improvement, (fixtures? Website?) but you’re 100% spot on that they are volunteers who spend much of their time to benefit the comp and full credit to them.

Joe on the other hand, I know first hand to be a power hungry, bully who throws his weight around intimidating - players/captains/umpires/exec members to get the result he wants. He holds the rest of the exec to ransom by forcing them to make decisions he wants out of fear that he will quit. Knowing there isn’t anyone putting their hand up to do it.
Deadset unadulterated garbage.

Deadset facts
I would suggest Mr Kitchen Utensil that you have have NEVER held an executive position in a club let alone an overseeing body, in fact not even in a business or perhaps a managerial role. Your claim to fame is a moderator of a social media forum that takes pride in denegrating people. That I would suggest is around about it.

I would suggest Mr Kitchen Utensil that you have have NEVER held an executive position in a club let alone an overseeing body, in fact not even in a business or perhaps a managerial role. Your claim to fame is a moderator of a social media forum that takes pride in denegrating people. That I would suggest is around about it.

You’d be wrong. On all those comments. I do like that you suggest I shouldn’t pot someone who is in a volunteer position, then two posts later fire shots at me in my role as a volunteer on here.

You may not like my comments, that’s fine. But they are factually correct.

Not sure I like the new rule regarding 'Club Behavioural Policy'. If a club has 4 players in a season get a suspension, all senior teams at that club will lose 3 premiership points. Reminds me of dictatorial teachers at school who would give a whole class detention because one idiot kid threw a fit. Punishing players who had nothing to do with any of the suspensions is frankly, unfair. By all means increase the individual penalties for poor on field behavior, but I don't see how this rule will change anything, in fact, if a player is suitably annoyed, it gives them a chance to hurt the whole club.

Not sure I like the new rule regarding 'Club Behavioural Policy'. If a club has 4 players in a season get a suspension, all senior teams at that club will lose 3 premiership points. Reminds me of dictatorial teachers at school who would give a whole class detention because one idiot kid threw a fit. Punishing players who had nothing to do with any of the suspensions is frankly, unfair. By all means increase the individual penalties for poor on field behavior, but I don't see how this rule will change anything, in fact, if a player is suitably annoyed, it gives them a chance to hurt the whole club.

Toddy has been playing DVCA for decades. I've never played in a game where a player has been suspended.

Perhaps this rule will encourage clubs to weed out ferals and send them back to Jika.

I know what the idea behind such a rule is, I just don't think it's particularly effective nor fair.
Dollars are what hurts clubs. First suspension $1,000 CLUB FINE. Each suspension after that doubles the previous CLUB fine. Watch clubs clear out the rabble then.

That's hardly any better, actually it's worse and you're still punishing people who had nothing to do with the infringement. Geeze what is it with this love for collective punishment from you guys?

Back