DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

yeah good to have some free time , i did take over the presidents role for about 4 hours:D:Dthat is one job i never want to do, way to much work:D:

milo kerrigan;394559 said:
yeah good to have some free time , i did take over the presidents role for about 4 hours:D:Dthat is one job i never want to do, way to much work:D:

You are still President until the 12th of April. That means I can play up at the Albury Cup, and you will have to answer for it. Anyway, good luck in your hibernation. Book me and Big Boobs a room Carona Day.
See you at 5.30 tonight.

Ah the DO (in Sepember 2009) picks the winner again...

A wrap then on MS for the season.

Camrea - as expected. Off to Barclay Bubbsy
Greensy - hard luck Raymondo... as Coldie said, your LB was never out
St F - Lewie, Lewie... oh boy, away you go, yeah yeah yeah yeah
Bats - the great pretenders. Spending big bucks to recruit
LP - Most expensive 'Hamburger' in the DV - paid well over the odds
Thommo - very surprising: new rooms= new attitude
Monty - dunno. slipped well away from Barclay now... maybe a merger with the neighbours..... everybody needs good neighbours
Morang - better than expected, moments of brilliance, standard of C grade. Big Lezta should retire
Hursty - surprised me. young kids stood up
College - off doing their research. Gutto to St F, Dogga too, Paine to stay
Panto - straw chomping country cricketers. No Motchy no Panto
Bundy U - Bob the Builders. about 3 years from anything to smile about
Mill Park - who are they? Cricketers? Drinkers? Rappers? No substance
Whittlesea - na, na & na. Lot's of work to do... might slip off the radar if 3 divisions

and welcome back... Eltham North... now called the Boomerangs or the Kotters. Pity they bought a 2009 DVCA round-trip ticket on eBay

& goodbye to College.... an orphan that's now been adopted - enjoy your new Parents!!

Big $ Recruiting? St F, Bats, MP
Top sides Next year? Greensy, Bats, St F.
Coaching changes? Eltham North, St F, Bats, Greens, SM

See you Pre-season... The Daily Observer

GO PIES!!!

The Daily Observer;364001 said:
.... and welcome back folks for another exciting season of valley cricket.

Your faithful correspondent here, back at the news desk. My interest has now moved to Barclay but as a long time watcher of Money cricket, I'll continue on this season with my microscope on the MS.

Firstly, some early thoughts...
  • MP's won the early openers award for being a 'basket case': in-fighting, politics, $ troubles, exits - and not a ball bowled yet!
  • Looks like LP, Mont, St F and Burra have been training well and are keen to get started.
  • Camrea are the Prem faves at this stage. Bit like Dane Swan playing in the Northern League Div 3 --> They will win by the length of the straight.
  • Yarrambat are training in the rain (ever heard of indoors Ronny?) and Thomastown are getting steady numbers to pre-season.
  • College very quiet (big recruiting news about to break there)
    and Morang (via full-of-sh!t) claiming they are going OK, rather I hear they are becoming the DVCA retirement village. I reckon FOS is aptly named and SM will dive back where they belong... stone, motherless last.
  • Bridges, Panto & Bundy are energetic and will surprise... put all 3 in your mix for thereabouts at season end.
  • Whittlesea... I'm hearing some rebuilding via the junior program - good luck 'seas, I reckon you'll finish 6-7 and should be happy with that.

Oh and one bit of goss to close with... Which 08/09 MS finals coach is currently spending just 'a little too much time' at a District club? Is there a DV club about to lose it's coach just before season starts?

The DO with today's news today.

milo kerrigan;394538 said:
Brutal is there a main reason why EC and Research want to merge ex.money,lack of players , . Research had some good kids playing in there team i would hate to see them get put down a grade because of a influx of EC players.

I think both clubs want to be pro-active in securing their futures! We had alot of difficulty in getting 4 sides on the park this season, as did they. There is an opportunity along with some new structures in place to secure a long term viable future useing the resources of EC Cricket Club as well as the school itself. The side will play in Barclay Shield, and Barclay Shield games will be played at Research. Lower grades will play at the College. Also must be remembered that we already have a large amount of ex College students playing at Search anyway.

bcfc_example.png

So Luke Kennell get suspended for a year.

Can someone please clarify what rule was broken and exactly what happened. Lots of rumours and crap but I reckon to get a year you needed to do something real wrong.

Ok guys it that time of year where we get alot of these post.

St Mary’s in the MMVCA are advertising for a Coach/Captain for season 2010/11. To apply click on the following link and then navigate your way to St Mary’s page http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/page/north_west_metro_region_10.html or you can Private message me on here.

CowCorner;395581 said:
So Luke Kennell get suspended for a year.

Can someone please clarify what rule was broken and exactly what happened. Lots of rumours and crap but I reckon to get a year you needed to do something real wrong.

This is my understanding, and i only know this cos our "g" grade were promoted to the finals because of it:

Eltham College (Money Shield) didn't turn up on day 2 of the last round, therefore all of there sides were deemed to give a walkover (that's how our g grade made finals). If what you say is true that he got 12 months, i suppose as captain/coach? they have held him accountable.

This is all i know (not much!!) and on face value, the punishment does not seem to fit the crime.

Bundoora;395647 said:
This is my understanding, and i only know this cos our "g" grade were promoted to the finals because of it:

Eltham College (Money Shield) didn't turn up on day 2 of the last round, therefore all of there sides were deemed to give a walkover (that's how our g grade made finals). If what you say is true that he got 12 months, i suppose as captain/coach? they have held him accountable.

This is all i know (not much!!) and on face value, the punishment does not seem to fit the crime.

That's what I heard as well, and our G Grade team missed the finals as a result.

The Ox;395768 said:
That's what I heard as well, and our G Grade team missed the finals as a result.
Yes Creek missed out on making the 4 coz of this, however were only in the four in the first place because you were granted a forfeit in the last round and gained 10 pts due to Eltham College outright loss.

It is a shame that it took until mid week to find out - no doubt the boys would have been disappointed.

great for our boys who deserved to be there. We beat 3 of the top four teams in the last 3 matches to make it, and proved we were the best team in it by winning the Flag.

Obviously DVCA out to make a point about forfeits - particularly at the A grade level - still a bit harsh though...

THE PREZ;395771 said:
Yes Creek missed out on making the 4 coz of this, however were only in the four in the first place because you were granted a forfeit in the last round and gained 10 pts due to Eltham College outright loss.

It is a shame that it took until mid week to find out - no doubt the boys would have been disappointed.

great for our boys who deserved to be there. We beat 3 of the top four teams in the last 3 matches to make it, and proved we were the best team in it by winning the Flag.

Obviously DVCA out to make a point about forfeits - particularly at the A grade level - still a bit harsh though...

That there was our problem with it. Our blokes spent three days thinking they were in the finals then found out they weren't. If they'd known on the day straight away they would've just shrugged, said oh well, and got another beer. As it was, they were pretty angry at College.

vinnie bolzano;396289 said:
leigh mctaggart ca[tain coach of research has put pen to paer and signed at the north eltham wanderers for season 2010-11

Can confirm, off to Mediocrity Shield! He has made his decision, we wish him all the best and everyone moves on. Ironically for Research, with what we are going to pick up, we will be a stronger side than last season.

brutal;396364 said:
Can confirm, off to Mediocrity Shield! He has made his decision, we wish him all the best and everyone moves on. Ironically for Research, with what we are going to pick up, we will be a stronger side than last season.

Aren't the players you are refferring to from "Mediocrity Shield":D

In all seriousness though, it must be dissapointing to lose a player who has given the club great service for so long? If i remeber right i think NEW chased him pretty hard last season, so looks as if they finally got there man.

Good luck to the new merged side, must have been a hard decision but one that obviously both commitees thought neccesary to sustain the long term future of there clubs.

leigh should dominate in money sheild, with bat and espically ball, will be missed but hopefully can be replaced somehow!

vinnie bolzano;396289 said:
leigh mctaggart ca[tain coach of research has put pen to paer and signed at the north eltham wanderers for season 2010-11

Leigh will not be Coach nor Captain. He will be a player only. Stay tuned for another recruit to the Wanderer in the form of a Captain/Coach.

Bundoora;396377 said:
Aren't the players you are refferring to from "Mediocrity Shield":D

In all seriousness though, it must be dissapointing to lose a player who has given the club great service for so long? If i remeber right i think NEW chased him pretty hard last season, so looks as if they finally got there man.

Good luck to the new merged side, must have been a hard decision but one that obviously both commitees thought neccesary to sustain the long term future of there clubs.

At the end of the day, not as hard a decision as I and many others initially thought. I think Eltham College have a few players there that quite easily and will play in the first eleven at Research, so I give those guys and the whole EC club big credit for embracing the idea and from all reports looking forward to the challenge of Barclay Shield! As for them finally getting there man. Leigh has friendships with a few of the guys down there and i think to be quite honest I don`t think Leigh has enjoyed what has been a difficult couple of years at Research. His performance has been fantastic in difficult times and perhaps taking a step back is a good opportunity to enjoy himself in a different environment, all going well he will comeback sometime in the future.

Searcher1;396420 said:
leigh should dominate in money sheild, with bat and espically ball, will be missed but hopefully can be replaced somehow!

Don`t worry! I think we already have, plus some.

With the new club - research/college - playing in barclay shield, wonder if the comp will chase another team or be prepared to have a bye each week in Money Shield/Reserve?
Creates a bit of an issue when possibly 22 of your players will miss out on a game for a fortnight!!
Will these players push lower grade players out of a game for that match with the possibility of a clubs "a" grade playing in "c" or "d" for a game??

Will be interested to see how it unfolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back