Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

mental;267443 said:
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any other clubs had practice matches on the weekend

I know Sth Morang played Rosanna down at the lakes but haven't heard of any

others.

Cheers

How did Morang go ? How is Craig fitting in down there he is a good coach. Is Micky Peters still playing and Bear ? And do you think they will struggle with the ball this season without Jones ?

Sorry for all the questions:D

one shot;267361 said:
keays would have to be worth as a player alone, at this stage of his career $5K proven match winner at the top level, tough nut.

i think we would be quite suprised if clubs had to disclose their player payments, imagine how much Keay's would have made in the last 15 years..........all taxable of course.

Sorry, i realise this is a money sheild site but i'd like to add something, some people seem to forget that all Barclay shield clubs are only 8-9 bad games a way from playing there themselves!!

On Keaysy, i can't shed any light on what he was paid at other clubs but i can 100% tell all that at Bundoora, when he was at his peak and clearly the best player in the comp, by a big margin, he played for $160 a saturday, all up just over $3,000 for the season and all the money plus more went over the bar and through his phone account every Sunday at the rooms....

Bundoora;267546 said:
Sorry, i realise this is a money sheild site but i'd like to add something, some people seem to forget that all Barclay shield clubs are only 8-9 bad games a way from playing there themselves!!

On Keaysy, i can't shed any light on what he was paid at other clubs but i can 100% tell all that at Bundoora, when he was at his peak and clearly the best player in the comp, by a big margin, he played for $160 a saturday, all up just over $3,000 for the season and all the money plus more went over the bar and through his phone account every Sunday at the rooms....

Yes he done the same up at Whittlesea,top bloke to have around your club and a gun cricketer as well.

The nite we won the semi against the stars he shouted every 1st player there meal. You hear alot about Terry Keays how he takes money out of clubs but any one who really knows him will tell you it stays in the club plus more.

We would have him at Mill Park any day.

i dont believe that most players mind paying players within their clubs, as long as the guy attends functions and has the clubs best interests at heart, the pot stirs at most clubs about player payments, are the players that let their ambitions get in front of their abilities.

Who will take out the Gleeson medal..........many candidates?

The Wizz;267548 said:
Yes he done the same up at Whittlesea,top bloke to have around your club and a gun cricketer as well.

The nite we won the semi against the stars he shouted every 1st player there meal. You hear alot about Terry Keays how he takes money out of clubs but any one who really knows him will tell you it stays in the club plus more.

We would have him at Mill Park any day.

I beleive he picked up 7.5k for one season at Whittlesea, works out to be around 680 per game.

on another note, a person is worth whatever a club is willing to pay, and obviosuly someone like Keasy is worth good money to a club who value winning games as number one priority.

Not sure what kind of input he has with some of the younger guys at clubs he's been at, don't know if he did much bowling coaching wise at Whittlesea based on their current young bowlers etc, but you'd think he takes the time out to invest in the younger bowlers at lalor statrs now he has developed a home down there and played there for a few years.

one shot;267553 said:
i dont believe that most players mind paying players within their clubs, as long as the guy attends functions and has the clubs best interests at heart, the pot stirs at most clubs about player payments, are the players that let their ambitions get in front of their abilities.

i think it will be one of S. Duncan if he plays, J. Collicoat, G. Motschall or J. Stewart based on their value in respective clubs, all round ability and the amount of votes that will be spread across each teams better players.

one shot;267553 said:

luke petersen

Sticky Wicket;267572 said:
i think it will be one of S. Duncan if he plays, J. Collicoat, G. Motschall or J. Stewart based on their value in respective clubs, all round ability and the amount of votes that will be spread across each teams better players.

What's Duncan's story, another club or not playing?

Sticky Wicket;267569 said:
I beleive he picked up 7.5k for one season at Whittlesea, works out to be around 680 per game.

on another note, a person is worth whatever a club is willing to pay, and obviosuly someone like Keasy is worth good money to a club who value winning games as number one priority.

Not sure what kind of input he has with some of the younger guys at clubs he's been at, don't know if he did much bowling coaching wise at Whittlesea based on their current young bowlers etc, but you'd think he takes the time out to invest in the younger bowlers at lalor statrs now he has developed a home down there and played there for a few years.

7.5k ? Mate trust me it was no where near that, try 3.2k would be more on the money. The year keays coached up there he was very good with the young guys spent alot of time with them but it must just be a Whittlesea thing in one ear out the other. Most of the good bowlers from that season are no longer playing.

The Wizz;267539 said:
How did Morang go ? How is Craig fitting in down there he is a good coach. Is Micky Peters still playing and Bear ? And do you think they will struggle with the ball this season without Jones ?

Sorry for all the questions:D

Yeah they went not to bad Rosanna made 5/168 off 35 while morang made 5/108 off there 35 without Mick Mckeown or Mick Peters batting

Craig is fitting in well very intense which is what is needed and bear was training early but now M.I.A

All in all looking better then last year by a long shot

The Wizz;267598 said:
7.5k ? Mate trust me it was no where near that, try 3.2k would be more on the money. The year keays coached up there he was very good with the young guys spent alot of time with them but it must just be a Whittlesea thing in one ear out the other. Most of the good bowlers from that season are no longer playing.

Hi,

Don't want to start a shit fight but my sources within the club tell me your figure is wrong and mine is a lot closer to the exact $$$. Don't foget the only young bolwer they had playing in the ones was Bundy at that stage and yeah is isn't playing anymore, lazy...

The only other bolwers they had was the dark guy - Dallas, Avola (Abbs) who is getting on and playing in there 1's/captain of the 2's last year and Keays....

After that, there wasn't any other young bowlers who have come on at all.

Sticky Wicket;267809 said:
Hi,

Don't want to start a shit fight but my sources within the club tell me your figure is wrong and mine is a lot closer to the exact $$$. Don't foget the only young bolwer they had playing in the ones was Bundy at that stage and yeah is isn't playing anymore, lazy...

The only other bolwers they had was the dark guy - Dallas, Avola (Abbs) who is getting on and playing in there 1's/captain of the 2's last year and Keays....

After that, there wasn't any other young bowlers who have come on at all.

Theres no need to fight over it that is true but I was Vice President that season and I was the one paying Terry so sorry to say your source is wrong. And Bundy is playing with them this season his back from QLD not a bad bowler when his heads rite..

The Wizz;267828 said:
Theres no need to fight over it that is true but I was Vice President that season and I was the one paying Terry so sorry to say your source is wrong. And Bundy is playing with them this season his back from QLD not a bad bowler when his heads rite..

OKay mate, i'll leave it alone - i thought the Treasuruer paid the money though, and where my information came from should be right considering he should know the incomings/outgoings of the clubs finances and i also remember the president confirming the figure one year, one G.F.

Mate don't know what your role is if your there now, but can gaurentee you Bundy is not playing at Whittlesea, nor M. Ryan, nor J, Daniel, A. Lovick, nor J. Lovick nor M.Mcveigh etc

Sticky Wicket;267838 said:
OKay mate, i'll leave it alone - i thought the Treasuruer paid the money though, and where my information came from should be right considering he should know the incomings/outgoings of the clubs finances and i also remember the president confirming the figure one year, one G.F.

Mate don't know what your role is if your there now, but can gaurentee you Bundy is not playing at Whittlesea, nor M. Ryan, nor J, Daniel, A. Lovick, nor J. Lovick nor M.Mcveigh etc

Dont forget we are talking about Whittlesea nothing normal happens up there. I dont have any thing to do with them any more after they shalfted Keays Dallis and myself but any way life goes on. I was talking to Kade Shield last nite he told me Bundy was playing not sure about the others. If that is true then there in alot of trouble this season. I coached Mr Daniels very good little cricketer so where are all these guys off to ???

The Wizz;267852 said:
Dont forget we are talking about Whittlesea nothing normal happens up there. I dont have any thing to do with them any more after they shalfted Keays Dallis and myself but any way life goes on. I was talking to Kade Shield last nite he told me Bundy was playing not sure about the others. If that is true then there in alot of trouble this season. I coached Mr Daniels very good little cricketer so where are all these guys off to ???

Hey Wizz

Lets think about it....the season you guys made the grand final they lost Keays, Dallis,Deka and a few others the next season Duggin, Lewis, Regan come. Imagine if they would have been able to keep all those guys in the one team?? Do you think they would have made A grade and done any good?

The Wizz;267852 said:

Did you captain/play the year they made the gf?

Kade is playing, probably play 2's at most money clubs, but will open for them.

JD is playing at Carlton, Ash and Jarrod aren't playing and I am good mates with Bundy, Ty Parkinson andChoppa and they all tell me they aren't playing (off season for footy and getting into riding bikes), go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back