DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Hey Wizz,
Any changes this week? With your Money Shield finals aspirations seemingly dashed, is it time to try some new players? My feeling is that you might also try to qualify some 1's players for 2's finals campaign?

legend of a bear;306994 said:
Where's The Wizz today:confused:

I always look forward to his Crystal-Ball-Friday post.

Ok Bear lets have a look into my crystal lball.

Round 8

NEW need to win to keep there chances alive,wont be an easy game with the Eagles not out of the hunt just yet..Al will play a bit part in this game not the he bats but the way he captains.I think NEW in a good game.

Mont v My boys...both sides need to win, lose this lights out for us..Mont have dropped a few games this season to sides under them Im hoping this we happen again this round..:rolleyes:

St Francis v Bundoora United..Cant see BU having the bowling power to stop the mighty Franks. Greg is over due for a big score this season..And the crystal ball is seeing just that this round will belong to him.Franks easy.

Eltham College v Sth Morang...This should be a good game (should be) 2nd plays 3rd I think after a couple of losses b4 xmas College will need to get back on track starting from this round. It seems dogga is a is carrying alot of weight on his shoulders his team mates need to stand up and help there captian. Morang will need to bowl the best the have so far this season. And bat evan better, cant see Morang winning but you never know your luck in a big city.(Lester duck);)

Match of the round I think, Thommo still not right just yet but the side people should be worrying about. On the other hand Panton Hill going along just nice at the moment catching sides of gaurd. I will go Panton Hill in what should be a great game of cricket and the winner looking at finals.

Hurstbridge v Yarrambat...Not real sure on this one, both very good sides on there day. Toss the coin heads it is...the winner Bats..:D

Good luck to every 1..

legend of a bear;307278 said:
Hey Wizz,
Any changes this week? With your Money Shield finals aspirations seemingly dashed, is it time to try some new players? My feeling is that you might also try to qualify some 1's players for 2's finals campaign?

Will are still only 1 game out..Our seconds are doing fine with what they have, a young team that plays as a team..We have 4 out of 5 sides all in the 4. Not giving up just yet, if we drop this game it will make it tuff..

Bear why aint you at warm ups ?? Its after 9..:D

The Wizz;307282 said:

Already been for a run with the boys around Princes Park, and then we have a warm-up at the Lakes at 11, followed by a warm-up at the College at 12.

You didnt answer my question Wizz...any changes?

legend of a bear;307284 said:
Already been for a run with the boys around Princes Park, and then we have a warm-up at the Lakes at 11, followed by a warm-up at the College at 12.

Yes there are a few.

In

Bubba
Rohan
Marshall

Out

Danny
cant remember the other 2:confused:

The Wizz;307287 said:
Yes there are a few.

In

Marshall

aah...good to see the old bloke back in. MP would've won Round 7 if he played. They really missed his full length bowling, and his experience would've got them over the line if he was batting at no.10 instead of Jonesy.

Oh well, not to worry. :D:D:D

legend of a bear;307292 said:
aah...good to see the old bloke back in. MP would've won Round 7 if he played. They really missed his full length bowling, and his experience would've got them over the line if he was batting at no.10 instead of Jonesy.

Yer not to worry its only a game.

Stubbie or 2;307014 said:
herad the word passing around the traps that t.west is playing (must b keen):eek:
could b the key along with gutterson
so if thats the case ill b backing the boys from kanga land?
other winners this week will b

NEW- a.mann to get to many runs(could b the best bat in the comp)
MONT-t.barnett will get a big score along with pendels????
ST FRANCIS(very easy)- sitting on top no more 2 say
PH- motchy the key with young grimmy to help out?
HURST(very easy)- its the bat who knows what or who will turn up?

Hurstbridge very easy !
Interesting call...
Seems it's not only the radio show that does not rate us :(
Could possibly be sucking on a "stubbie or 2" after that prediction :D

beenaround;307214 said:
cbf;305960 said:
arrogance... possibly.
over rated ! tell me 4 blokes that are not Money Sheild quality "CBF" ???

playing on and off at money shield level at my club i have seen last year and seen this year. danial shaw has his moments does not mind sledging but cannot back it up with his batting or bowling, a young fella i dont know, from junior days pizza most arrogant batsmen if things were said to him and doing nothing now i see.

legend of a bear;307030 said:
A ton hey? I assume that was the team total you could see? :eek:

Hey Bear that loggo you have is stupid !!!:D

Round 1 cant wait to see them get PUMPED.

Have a nice day.;)

cbf;307686 said:
beenaround;307214 said:
playing on and off at money shield level at my club i have seen last year and seen this year. danial shaw has his moments does not mind sledging but cannot back it up with his batting or bowling, a young fella i dont know, from junior days pizza most arrogant batsmen if things were said to him and doing nothing now i see.

based purely on numbers, you have a point with Danny, he has not really performed anywhere near his ability yet.
The young guy you are talking about would be either Tom Currie, or Bryce Adams I would think.
Both are under 16's, and were given a shot purely to give them some experience at the top level, as they will definately play there in the near future, but are not at "sheild" level yet.
As for Piz, I dont think you could be more wrong about his arrogance.
He is one of the most down to earth people we have there, and as far as his performance this season, he got off to a slow start, and then had to miss 2 or 3 games due to a pretty serious injury...
I would watch out for him over the next few years...

Hey Wizz,

legend of a bear;307278 said:
Hey Wizz,

Will are still only 1 game out..Our seconds are doing fine with what they have, a young team that plays as a team..We have 4 out of 5 sides all in the 4. Not giving up just yet, if we drop this game it will make it tuff..

NEWCC (L);309241 said:
when's waddles mclaughlin going to get another dig in the 1's?

newcc is it true a fav son of the wanderers has returned for the last games of the season???? and whittlesea must have been pretty ordinary for duckworth to get a ton hands down the biggest **** getting around money shield

The Wizz;307282 said:

legend of a bear;307284 said:

Yes there are a few.

In

Bubba
Rohan
Marshall

Out

Danny
cant remember the other 2:confused:

NEWCC (L);309241 said:
when's waddles mclaughlin going to get another dig in the 1's?

Not real sure, he works on Saturdays and has been helping out in our lower grades on a Sunday..Handy to get him back full time.

The Wizz;307287 said:
Yes there are a few.

In

Marshall

The Wizz;309292 said:
Not real sure, he works on Saturdays and has been helping out in our lower grades on a Sunday..Handy to get him back full time.
heard he made a 2nd ball blob on the weekend can this be confirmed?
also I heard his cousin did even worse!

a bad bad cricket weekend for the family

legend of a bear;307292 said:

Yer not to worry its only a game.

NEWCC (L);309435 said:
heard he made a 2nd ball blob on the weekend can this be confirmed?
also I heard his cousin did even worse!

a bad bad cricket weekend for the family

Yes Adam made a second ball duck, bad day at the office we all have them..But as for his cousin:confused: can you tell me who that is????

i heard the boys from whittlesea money shield did their household shopping together this week but this week saved some money, because they all decided to share 1 big pack of tampons with each other!then they said they dont want to play cricket anymore!

nick geno;311739 said:
i heard the boys from whittlesea money shield did their household shopping together this week but this week saved some money, because they all decided to share 1 big pack of tampons with each other!then they said they dont want to play cricket anymore!

Thats a pretty big call to make..What players have pulled the pin??But then again we are talking about Whittlesea..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back