DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

nick geno;312191 said:
the boys from the college have surely had enough of cricket after yesterdays woeful performance against a second rate side such as south morang,a second rate side that is run by a failed politian.come on boys.

How can you say that there sitting second on the ladder. College got beat by a side better on the day thats cricket mate.

As for Craig his a great bloke and I think a very good coach.

beenaround;312446 said:
I honestly believe that The Franks are the only side that are safe at the moment.
Although Morang's batting is not going well, they are still winning, but if they lose 2 out of the 3, they are gone due to percentage.

My unbiased opinion would be..
St F on 63.
NEW on 45.
E.C on 45.

Mont, YB, TU, and SM all on 39.

Agree with you on that.

Crunch game for three teams this week, Yarrambat V St Francis, and North Eltham V South Morang.

The NEW v Morang game will decide whether NEW finish top two and/or South Morang finish 2nd or 6th this year.

Their % is half of some other teams, so they will need to keep winning to consolidate their finals spot.

Don't be surprised if a team like College pull off an outright to get them back in the hunt, they will be dirty not chasing 90 against an honest attack on a pitch that has no bounce and doesn't offer bowlers much.

Good effort by Nudie Run though, well done Gutto (11 for the match).

well Panton Hill will be dissappointed with this weeks result.well batted to rick ford with an unbeaten knock of 69,however the first thing you notice in the game is the noteable absence of one nathan "run machine" grimshaw.im sure nathan and indeed the club are dissapointed with nathan after he was left out of the side this week for discipline reasons after he made a fool of himself on the friday night prior to the game at the under 12's game at kangaroo ground.nathan was reportedly "intoxicated" wearing only his under 12 footy shorts which as you could imagine left nothing to the imagination and when he went one step too far and did a nudie pitch invasion only to fall and suffer serious grass burns to his member.the police were called and nathan spent the night at eltham police station where his good friend and teammate will wenborn then picked him up.bad luck boys.

love all

P.s. just noticed College have Whittlesea this week, so it's almost a sure thing they'll pick up 10 points and move back to 2nd if morang lose!

The Wizz;312192 said:
How can you say that there sitting second on the ladder. College got beat by a side better on the day thats cricket mate.

As for Craig his a great bloke and I think a very good coach

south morang are no good u will c come finals.

Sticky Wicket;312657 said:
P.s. just noticed College have Whittlesea this week, so it's almost a sure thing they'll pick up 10 points and move back to 2nd if morang lose!

Stickey.... have you heard whats going on up Eagle land? Has there been a walk out and if so who has walked out?

I agree 10 points is on the cards..

Wizz, is there any chance that Mill Park will win another game? We need you guys to cause a couple of upsets, and start taking some points off these teams trying to chase us down.

nick geno;312198 said:

with 4 teams just 1 game behind us, we've got a long way to go before we think about the finals...

at this stage, we're just hoping to avoid the wooden spoon. :rolleyes:

legend of a bear;312664 said:
Wizz, is there any chance that Mill Park will win another game? We need you guys to cause a couple of upsets, and start taking some points off these teams trying to chase us down.

Might start this week by giving Thommo a hiding, Then the Franks the round after will that do?:confused:

The Wizz;312665 said:
Might start this week by giving Thommo a hiding, Then the Franks the round after will that do?:confused:

Dont worry about the Franks, just beat Thommo this week & Wanderers in Rd 11.

Could go a long way towards you keeping your Presidency next year too. :eek:

legend of a bear;312667 said:

hey bear, both teams might struggle if Wednesday night doesn't go well, Kennel,Peters,Lester..... big night, any concerns?

nick geno;312267 said:
well thats very modist of you mr legend of a bear but im pretty sure your extremely confident.
The wizz is a snuff!!!

You must feel threatened if you need to get personal about teams and individuals. If you are going to put crap on someone learn how to spell you tosser.

Brett Lewis (Capt, SF)
Luke Kennell (V-C, EC)
Simon Bray (YB)
Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF)
Matt George (TU)
Brent Gutterson (EC)
Al Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC)
Daniel Sadowy (HB)
John Wallace (EC)
Wayne Wunhym (MY)
What are our thoughts on this team? And just wondering if they will be able to get a smile out of Brett Lewis?:D

nick geno;312198 said:

You Can't really say that they are no good when they are sitting second, yeah they have had a couple of big losses but they are still up there.

Medel;312678 said:
Brett Lewis (Capt, SF)
Luke Kennell (V-C, EC)
Simon Bray (YB)
Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF)
Matt George (TU)
Brent Gutterson (EC)
Al Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC)
Daniel Sadowy (HB)
John Wallace (EC)
Wayne Wunhym (MY)
What are our thoughts on this team? And just wondering if they will be able to get a smile out of Brett Lewis?:D

don't hold your breath waiting!

What's people's thoughts on the final 4, no side is actually safe yet and there are 4 teams all sitting around equal 3rd. are there any un biased suggestions?

TheUtility;312342 said:
What's people's thoughts on the final 4, no side is actually safe yet and there are 4 teams all sitting around equal 3rd. are there any un biased suggestions?

I honestly believe that The Franks are the only side that are safe at the moment.
Although Morang's batting is not going well, they are still winning, but if they lose 2 out of the 3, they are gone due to percentage.

St F on 63.
NEW on 45.
E.C on 45.

beenaround;312446 said:

St F on 63.
NEW on 45.
E.C on 45.

Agree with you on that.

Crunch game for three teams this week, Yarrambat V St Francis, and North Eltham V South Morang.

The NEW v Morang game will decide whether NEW finish top two and/or South Morang finish 2nd or 6th this year.

Their % is half of some other teams, so they will need to keep winning to consolidate their finals spot.

Don't be surprised if a team like College pull off an outright to get them back in the hunt, they will be dirty not chasing 90 against an honest attack on a pitch that has no bounce and doesn't offer bowlers much.

Good effort by Nudie Run though, well done Gutto (11 for the match).

Sticky Wicket;312657 said:

Stickey.... have you heard whats going on up Eagle land? Has there been a walk out and if so who has walked out?

I agree 10 points is on the cards..

legend of a bear;312664 said:

Round 9.

Mill Park V Thomastown United

Panton Hill V Montmorency

Yarrambat V St Francis of Assisi

South Morang V North Eltham Wanderers

Bundoora United V Hurstbridge

Whittlesea V Eltham Collengians

Cruch time for a few sides this round.

Thomastown need the win to have any hope of playing finals. If Mill Park can make 220 should be a good game.

Panton Hill v Mont.. Might go Mont they have some good cricketers back this game, playing on that small ground at Wattle Glen could be in for a run feast..If they get going maybe 400 plus on a very fast dry ground.

Bats will need to bowl tight and field well to keep the Franks at bay. Every run they save is 1 less they have to make, Bats need to win to keep there final hopes alive and kicking. I still think Frank will win in a close 1.

Game on at the lakes this week, can morang make over 120 this week? I think they will there playing some good cricket and I think will beat NEW. Morang have a strong bowling line up as NEW have a strong batting side. Should be a good game Morang will win.

Hurstbridge had not such a good season so far, Bundoora I feel are not a bottom side and will win this 1 and the bottom spot may change. (please dont let my boys take that spot:()

College drop this 1 lights out for them, cant see them losing to Whittlesea..

The ladders will start to form after this round..

The Wizz;312665 said:

Round 9.

Thomo 2 beat mill park, mill park just don't have the fire to win, they are just going through the motions, waiting for the end of the season. and with george still smashing runs and solly finally taking decent figures thomo will win.

Hard game to call panton hill can either play really well or really bad, i'll say monty to win due to the older blokes finding form at the end of the season.

Yarrambat and Us, Will be a very good game, we will need to bowl well as we did last week, and we need a couple of people to make a good score, again last week only the 1 solid scorer and 3 or 4 starts. And surely simon bray couldn't make runs again, who new he could hit that many.

NEW should beat morang, morang strong bowling side but NEW much stronger batting side,

We haven't played Hursty so hard to call, bundoora just didn't have the fire power with the bat last week, no one stood up, but bowled and fielded like a side pushing for finals. Good to see Atkins getting some runs in the second innings, i'll say close game but Hursty to win.

Eltham college should have no worries getting over whittlesea, if last week didn't give them a wake up call then they have wasted another great half a season yet again. College to win easily.

legend of a bear;312667 said:

hey bear, both teams might struggle if Wednesday night doesn't go well, Kennel,Peters,Lester..... big night, any concerns?

Brett Lewis (Capt, SF)
Luke Kennell (V-C, EC)
Simon Bray (YB)
Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF)
Matt George (TU)
Brent Gutterson (EC)
Al Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC)
Daniel Sadowy (HB)
John Wallace (EC)
Wayne Wunhym (MY)
What are our thoughts on this team? And just wondering if they will be able to get a smile out of Brett Lewis?

First of all Lewy doesn't smile, he's 2 busy yelling at DelMastro or Alex to crack a smile, unlucky to anyone who miss fields in the rep game, he will yell at you!

Secondly, how does Jase get into this side, talk about lewy's little bi#ch, but i suppose if you make consistent 30's like jase and greg your gonna make the side.

All in all pretty happy with the side, maybe could of got collicoat in there, he seems to have made consistent runs all year.

Brett Lewis (Capt, SF)
Luke Kennell (V-C, EC)
Simon Bray (YB)
Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF)
Matt George (TU)
Brent Gutterson (EC)
Al Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC)
Daniel Sadowy (HB)
John Wallace (EC)
Wayne Wunhym (MY)

The Wizz;312791 said:
Round 9.

Cruch time for a few sides this round.

Thomastown need the win to have any hope of playing finals. If Mill Park can make 220 should be a good game.

Panton Hill v Mont.. Might go Mont they have some good cricketers back this game, playing on that small ground at Wattle Glen could be in for a run feast..If they get going maybe 400 plus on a very fast dry ground.

Bats will need to bowl tight and field well to keep the Franks at bay. Every run they save is 1 less they have to make, Bats need to win to keep there final hopes alive and kicking. I still think Frank will win in a close 1.

Game on at the lakes this week, can morang make over 120 this week? I think they will there playing some good cricket and I think will beat NEW. Morang have a strong bowling line up as NEW have a strong batting side. Should be a good game Morang will win.

Hurstbridge had not such a good season so far, Bundoora I feel are not a bottom side and will win this 1 and the bottom spot may change. (please dont let my boys take that spot:()

College drop this 1 lights out for them, cant see them losing to Whittlesea..

The ladders will start to form after this round..

mill park will be lucky to make 220 batting twice
mont will beat panton hill thanks to mill park bowling pendles in2 form
franks
new should win but i wouldnt bet on it
bundoora utd have lost 37 wickets for 434 in their last 3 games,not good form .two scores of 400 plus are a distant memory.bridge easily
college had morang 9 for 40 odd and lost,how can you tip them?,but im going 2 with great apprehension

Medel;312678 said:
Brett Lewis (Capt, SF)
Luke Kennell (V-C, EC)
Simon Bray (YB)
Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF)
Matt George (TU)
Brent Gutterson (EC)
Al Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC)
Daniel Sadowy (HB)
John Wallace (EC)
Wayne Wunhym (MY)

don't hold your breath waiting!

Medel;312678 said:
Brett Lewis (Capt, SF)
Luke Kennell (V-C, EC)
Simon Bray (YB)
Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF)
Matt George (TU)
Brent Gutterson (EC)
Al Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC)
Daniel Sadowy (HB)
John Wallace (EC)
Wayne Wunhym (MY)

Anyone who can bowl rank full tosses and get wickets should be captain in my book... i think thats 3 for the year? What are you batsman doing just giving him wickets on a platter!!! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back