DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

The Wizz;314910 said:
After thinking about this last night, its hard to comment on what happened between Morang and College. By the sounds of it things did get pretty heated! Both sides fighting for a spot in the 4 and to play finals. Theres an old saying what happens on the park stays on the park..There are some teams that do go to far, but after the game stick around and have a beer. Thats how it should be its park cricket and nothing more.

This is a Money shield thread so talking about stuff like this is a good thing. There is no reason to name names but I cant see why we cant talk about it! This may make guys think where they draw the line, missing a finals spot not only hurts the player but it also can kill your team.

So it sends a good message to all players think before you act, the ladder is very tight and this could cost College all there hard work down the drain!
Nothing wrong with a bit of banter on the ground but when it gets personal they cross the line. They know who they are and what they said.

beenaround;315219 said:
Thomo to continue their charge.

Mont "should" win comfortably, but watch out for Motch on a ground that suits him...

Always a damn good game, but with it all on the line, I have to stick with my boys. GO BAT !

South Morang will get found out (no offence guys), NEW comfortably.

United are soooooooo far over due for runs it's not funny, so sorry HB.

College will be hurting, so expect Whittlesea to wear the brunt of it.

Montmorency too strong. Enough Said.

St. Francis by enough. Sorry mate but your allegiance is bliding you. Yarrambat no chance. Duggin = runs

Close to the toughest game of the year to call this one, so deserves a decent write up. Whilst it is tough to call, I have a feeling it won't be close. One side will choke, just a hunch lol. Interesting to see which of the comp's dominant forces will prevail; NEW batting or Morang bowling. Smith is a loss but enough depth for NEW in Al Mann, Collicoat and Reid, Morang need there bowling attack to fire as it has done thus far; Peters, McDonald, Roderick. This is gonna Game hinges on whether Morang can learn to hold bat IMO, I'm confident NEW can bat and bowl. However I'm gonna take a punt on the Lakes Boys just for the fact that the law of averages says they are due for runs of any kind.

I would totally agree on the above comment from beenaround. BU should get runs against an average HB attack but for Sadowy. However whether they should and whether they will are different matters. Two average sides fighting out for mediocrity. HB to be the less worse of the two.

College were my flag tip but yet all seems to be crumbling. The Morang debacle could have serious ramificiation for EC but Seas just aren't good enough anyway. College by the proverbial mile and the rest.

Game of blowouts this week boys. All easy to tip bar NEW/SM. Ladder should be easy to understand in a fortnight.

That Barclay spot is almost Franks for the losing... almost....

The Wizz;314910 said:
After thinking about this last night, its hard to comment on what happened between Morang and College. By the sounds of it things did get pretty heated! Both sides fighting for a spot in the 4 and to play finals. Theres an old saying what happens on the park stays on the park..There are some teams that do go to far, but after the game stick around and have a beer. Thats how it should be its park cricket and nothing more.

This is a Money shield thread so talking about stuff like this is a good thing. There is no reason to name names but I cant see why we cant talk about it! This may make guys think where they draw the line, missing a finals spot not only hurts the player but it also can kill your team.

So it sends a good message to all players think before you act, the ladder is very tight and this could cost College all there hard work down the drain!

What a joke two teams that love to sledge and EC went to far because they were being beaten by a better team. Then wanted Bear to help them out sucked in Eltham I hope this cost you your finals birth.:D:D:D:rolleyes:If you dont like reading this sit on the finger.

Been monitoring this site for a while and it seems that alot of teams are shit canning others as is expected. South Morang probably copping the most of it but as the ladder for this grade suggests they are sitting second with pretty much the same side that finished last last season. thinking that this is either the most amazing turnaround or that the teams that are actually bagging them are hiding their own shit efforts. I can also suggest that they are a proud club that dont have any money hungry people that will just up and leave at the site of another offer certain people in that team dont even want payment just proud to be playing the best they can.While there is no talk of finals yet i hope they make it and do well just so you morons can provoke another struggling club into doing well next season. So for all that want to keep the bagging going keep it up thats fine because remember we might struggle to make 100 as a team but you dills cant chase it

Stubbie or 2;313923 said:
i have read some real rubbish before but u my friend take the cake like u have been told before u realy r goose!!!!
they mayby second rate but they r sitting clear in 2nd spot?
as for the boys from kanga land they will NO DOUBT b wanting revenge on there poor form of late and IF they make it they may just do some damage:eek:

my tips for the weekend!!!!

Thomastown- will get the points with key players starting to fire

Monty - to strong for the hills unless stu colls gets runs overdue!!!!

Franks - going along very well but the bat r strating to make a charge!

New - in a close game good to see ducky getting some runs first time in a while i hear? Al mann too get a big score!

Hursty - big game for both sides but hursty to get the choclates.

College - gutterson in very good nick and chipa on a bouncey deck to good and wallace well over due will get his guns slinging rumor as it the brother in laws r looking for a new bat perhaps a dirty PURE is on the cards!!!!!

Stubbie i think you due for runs maybe you need a dirty PURE because the bat you are using now is not working or it just might be the bloke using it:confused::D:cool:

Benji;315180 said:
Its very intresting reading all the stuff posted on here regarding the College v Morang game and most of which is nowhere near right. There were no racial/religious sledges or anything else defamatory for that matter, the whole situation was blown out of proportion. We also look forward to having the chance to play Morang again if it were to happen, as im sure things will be a little different.

You need to go back to school and learn how to read. Can you point out for every one where and who posted any thing about racial or religious sledges?

Your dreaming about playing Morang again this season you wont make it!

The Ghost;288833 said:
That is College to a tee...Biggest bunch of ****ers to walk the earth enjoy it now boys because you have no hoping of winning it this season. The worst bunch of blokes for hanging around for a beer. But bag any team that doesnt spend a few hundred over there bar. What goes around comes around I hope you guys make the grand final and get smashed.

Dont reply back because I dont care what you dick heads think.

Ghost out.

Ghost not far wrong there

LegB4;315302 said:

St. Francis by enough. Sorry mate but your allegiance is bliding you. Yarrambat no chance. Duggin = runs

Close to the toughest game of the year to call this one, so deserves a decent write up. Whilst it is tough to call, I have a feeling it won't be close. One side will choke, just a hunch lol. Interesting to see which of the comp's dominant forces will prevail; NEW batting or Morang bowling. Smith is a loss but enough depth for NEW in Al Mann, Collicoat and Reid, Morang need there bowling attack to fire as it has done thus far; Peters, McDonald, Roderick. This is gonna Game hinges on whether Morang can learn to hold bat IMO, I'm confident NEW can bat and bowl. However I'm gonna take a punt on the Lakes Boys just for the fact that the law of averages says they are due for runs of any kind.

I would totally agree on the above comment from beenaround. BU should get runs against an average HB attack but for Sadowy. However whether they should and whether they will are different matters. Two average sides fighting out for mediocrity. HB to be the less worse of the two.

College were my flag tip but yet all seems to be crumbling. The Morang debacle could have serious ramificiation for EC but Seas just aren't good enough anyway. College by the proverbial mile and the rest.

Game of blowouts this week boys. All easy to tip bar NEW/SM. Ladder should be easy to understand in a fortnight.

You could be right about me being blinded, but at least you got Duggin wrong :p
Franks looking real good at this stage, but you just never know :confused:

Nth Eltham with MAJOR advantage at this stage.

Hurstbridge with the upper hand at the moment, with Atkins not out, and Crowe still to come, but anything could happen with these two teams.

College 8/262, and make 374... WTF ?
Whittlesea to bat twice.
Just a side note...
I was under the impression that Dogga got 2 weeks :confused:
Was I mis-informed ???

Panton Hill make 357 against Mont !
Do they have the ability to lose it from here ?????

Danger time for T.U chasing 277.
If Mill Park win, could be the end of T.U's finals chances...

My tips for this round are:

Thomastown will take care of Mill Park, M.George to star once again
Panton hill to upset monty in a close game
St Francis will smash yarrambat, close to an outright
Morang will just get over the line in what should be a cracking game
Bundoora will make there charge off the bottom of the ladder by beating Hurstbridge
Whittlesea to get over Eltham sooks, I mean Eltham College

beenaround;315750 said:

Hurstbridge with the upper hand at the moment, with Atkins not out, and Crowe still to come, but anything could happen with these two teams.

Whittlesea to bat twice.
Just a side note...
Was I mis-informed ???

college- 374 well set up by the top order and a new look top order with some new blood doing a good job in the middle
and then some good hitting by the most inform player (RIP the dirty mako:( )
and dogga has gone under apeal?

as for the boys from the hill if the likes of motchy,ford and wenbourn dont get it right they r in trouble with monty one of the better batting line ups on PAPER ill back mont 2 chase them down!!!(barnett,hand,norton,whale to score most of them)

and your boys beenaround hurts me to say but ill back your blokes in an upset JUST!!!!!

Hursty-Thomo-New all to get the points?

wizz just weny into tradelink to grab some shit for a job talking to your mate the unit he was saying there playing you guys on the 12th of feb any truth in that?

Stubbie or 2;315794 said:
college- 374 well set up by the top order and a new look top order with some new blood doing a good job in the middle

as for the boys from the hill if the likes of motchy,ford and wenbourn dont get it right they r in trouble with monty one of the better batting line ups on PAPER ill back mont 2 chase them down!!!(barnett,hand,norton,whale to score most of them)

and your boys beenaround hurts me to say but ill back your blokes in an upset JUST!!!!!

Thanks for clearing up the Dogga situation, makes more sence now...

Suprised that you are backing us though :eek:

Kamikaze;315028 said:
wizz just weny into tradelink to grab some shit for a job talking to your mate the unit he was saying there playing you guys on the 12th of feb any truth in that?

Word does travel fast...Yes its true we are playing Lalor Stars in a 20/20 game starting at 5.30 that Thursday night. Our side will be made up of under 22s, not sure if Stars will play there young blokes or not. Mr. Keays said the Imports will be playing, It will be a good chance for all our young guys to play in the same team against a very good side in Stars.

After the game we have Jeff Thompson and Mouse coming at 8pm tickets will be $25 if anyone wants to come along.

Where was Terry out the back smoking or in the toilet??:eek:

Shame we didn't get over the line today in the rep game but big score to chase down, DVCA by far superior with there batting technique but lost succesive wickets at the wrong time. bowled a little short and the skipper bowled S##T which didn't help. Great bunch a blokes to play with. good luck fella's for the rest of the year. P.S Gutto told me to call tails so its all his fault. John Wallace possibly the best outfielder in the comp.

The Finger;314992 said:
What a joke two teams that love to sledge and EC went to far because they were being beaten by a better team. Then wanted Bear to help them out sucked in Eltham I hope this cost you your finals birth.:D:D:D:rolleyes:If you dont like reading this sit on the finger.
Its very intresting reading all the stuff posted on here regarding the College v Morang game and most of which is nowhere near right. There were no racial/religious sledges or anything else defamatory for that matter, the whole situation was blown out of proportion. We also look forward to having the chance to play Morang again if it were to happen, as im sure things will be a little different.

one shot;316234 said:
Shame we didn't get over the line today in the rep game but big score to chase down, DVCA by far superior with there batting technique but lost succesive wickets at the wrong time. bowled a little short and the skipper bowled S##T which didn't help. Great bunch a blokes to play with. good luck fella's for the rest of the year. P.S Gutto told me to call tails so its all his fault. John Wallace possibly the best outfielder in the comp.

who hit the biggest six of the day??? there was some big ones hit!!

one shot;316234 said:
Rumour has it one shot that John Wallace is possibly the largest outfielder in the comp!!

TheUtility;312874 said:
Round 9.

Mill Park V Thomastown United

Panton Hill V Montmorency

Yarrambat V St Francis of Assisi

South Morang V North Eltham Wanderers

Bundoora United V Hurstbridge

Whittlesea V Eltham Collengians

Thomo 2 beat mill park, mill park just don't have the fire to win, they are just going through the motions, waiting for the end of the season. and with george still smashing runs and solly finally taking decent figures thomo will win.

Hard game to call panton hill can either play really well or really bad, i'll say monty to win due to the older blokes finding form at the end of the season.

Yarrambat and Us, Will be a very good game, we will need to bowl well as we did last week, and we need a couple of people to make a good score, again last week only the 1 solid scorer and 3 or 4 starts. And surely simon bray couldn't make runs again, who new he could hit that many.

NEW should beat morang, morang strong bowling side but NEW much stronger batting side,

We haven't played Hursty so hard to call, bundoora just didn't have the fire power with the bat last week, no one stood up, but bowled and fielded like a side pushing for finals. Good to see Atkins getting some runs in the second innings, i'll say close game but Hursty to win.

Eltham college should have no worries getting over whittlesea, if last week didn't give them a wake up call then they have wasted another great half a season yet again. College to win easily.

Mont "should" win comfortably, but watch out for Motch on a ground that suits him...

Always a damn good game, but with it all on the line, I have to stick with my boys. GO BAT !

No Good at cricket;316174 said:
how did the rep game go 2day does any body know ????
who got runs and wickets ????

NMCA 9/316 off their 50.
Bray 3/42, Gutto 3/56.
DVCA 10/275.
Frodo 59, Duggin 49, Wunhym 43, Mann 32.

Although we didn't get across the line, it was an awesome match to watch.
The smaller ground provided some very large looking hits, with the ball flying the boundary HEAPS !
Great effort by our guys, with only a few run outs proving costly at the end.

beenaround;315219 said:

Been monitoring this site for a while and it seems that alot of teams are shit canning others as is expected. South Morang probably copping the most of it but as the ladder for this grade suggests they are sitting second with pretty much the same side that finished last last season. thinking that this is either the most amazing turnaround or that the teams that are actually bagging them are hiding their own shit efforts. I can also suggest that they are a proud club that dont have any money hungry people that will just up and leave at the site of another offer certain people in that team dont even want payment just proud to be playing the best they can.While there is no talk of finals yet i hope they make it and do well just so you morons can provoke another struggling club into doing well next season. So for all that want to keep the bagging going keep it up thats fine because remember we might struggle to make 100 as a team but you dills cant chase it

Benji;315180 said:

You need to go back to school and learn how to read. Can you point out for every one where and who posted any thing about racial or religious sledges?

Your dreaming about playing Morang again this season you wont make it!

LegB4;315302 said:

Whittlesea to bat twice.
Just a side note...
Was I mis-informed ???

beenaround;315750 said:

Whittlesea to bat twice.
Just a side note...
Was I mis-informed ???

beenaround;316427 said:
NMCA 9/316 off their 50.
Bray 3/42, Gutto 3/56.
DVCA 10/275.
Frodo 59, Duggin 49, Wunhym 43, Mann 32.

Although we didn't get across the line, it was an awesome match to watch.
The smaller ground provided some very large looking hits, with the ball flying the boundary HEAPS !
Great effort by our guys, with only a few run outs proving costly at the end.

woo go al

Stubbie or 2;315794 said:

Thanks for clearing up the Dogga situation, makes more sence now...

Suprised that you are backing us though :eek:

Brennan Huff;317101 said:
What are peoples thoughts on Damien Wegeners 116 on the week end.

if u ask him im sure its was brilliant.the poor fella loves himself that much, he's the niggest name in cricket if u ask him...his poor mrs that has to see him all the time,,and shes shit anyway

one shot;316234 said:

who hit the biggest six of the day??? there was some big ones hit!!

Panton Hill vs North eltham ones 20/20 on tuesday night staring at 5:30 at north elthams adventure play ground (next to main oval opposite eltham north primary).small oval plenty of entertainment,official umpired game should be a good night with most players in form and a surprise appearance by darren motschall of fitzroy doncaster.anyway bar is open and dinner is on should be a good night get down for a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back