DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Rumour has it South Morang will be looking forward to playing the Franks in the first round of the finals. It will give the Franks the chance to come and watch Yarrambat and Morang at the Lakes come Grand Final day.

Dropped first Ball;326412 said:
Rumour has it South Morang will be looking forward to playing the Franks in the first round of the finals. It will give the Franks the chance to come and watch Yarrambat and Morang at the Lakes come Grand Final day.

Nice idea. Not reality. Doesn't matter who wins where or does what.
Franks have the flag.
Bats no depth. NEW no experience. College no brains. Tangs no good.

I think you'll find he has played every game because he appealed his original 2 week ban and since then appealed to a higher power after his appeal was thrown out.

Wonder if they'll have this sorted out by the finals, any College blokes have an update?

Dropped first Ball;326412 said:

You couldnt be further from the truth, Dropped.
If you were part of our team, you'd know we're just focused on trying to avoid the wooden spoon that everyone on here said we would win. :rolleyes:

Would be interesting though. The Franks did smash us earlier in the year, but having said that we we're without Roderick, McKeown and McDonald. And, as far as I know, Franks will be without Flynn who destroyed our top order in round 3 (6/30 odd).

Massive round of cricket, comes right down to the wire.
Who will choke?
Will there be an outright?
Either way a great finish to a very competitive season by all!

how valuable is finals experience for everybodies chance at the flag?
the franks and NEW start behind the eight ball, as all the other contenters have a wealth of finals experience in money shield. passed games and ladder position count for zip once you get into the finals.

yarrambat
McKeown
Mobilia
WIlson
Holzer

College
Dogga
Gutto
chippa
strickland

South Morang
McKeown
Bear
Mc Donald

The Wizz;325764 said:
legend of a bear;325726 said:
Joker, from these comments, its sounds as though you're a disappointed Mill Park player/member/commitee person as you seem to know a fair bit of whats going on at Redleap.
On face value, you may have grounds for being a little upset with what the TU guys were doing. I'd hate to think that they were trying there own little Bush Fire Appeal fundraiser, and you have jumped the gun in having a crack at them. -if this is the case, I reckon the only thing they are guilty of is possibly not communicating with the Mill Park comittee. It would be interesting to hear what The Wizz has to say about what happenend. Before we make too many assumptions, and have too many Presidents heads examined, I would be interested to hear a response from The Wizz.

I wont say to much as this matter is in the hands of the DVCA,I will say We at Mill Park have no problems with Thomastown trying to make money to help the fire appeal however I do have a problem with them setting up BBQ and selling beer at our ground.

The Joker has not jumped the gun what Thomastown did was wrong and not on. They seem to always find ways of crying poor I called Glen (President) and asked him not to sell the beer as we dont want our licence in any danger,after he promised me they wont sell beer they still did. Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot Thomastown would be the 1st club to be jumping up and down. But the matter is over with now and time to move on.

I and the club had no dramas with them cooking a BBQ just for the record.

As for Thommo cant see any reason for him to leave Mill Park as he has told every one its the best club and best bunch of blokes he has ever played with. I just cant see him leaving.

As a matter of fact it was a Thomastown home game not a Mill Park home game. We had decided to put on a BBQ on Tuesday for the guys from Whittlesea as we knew they were going through some hard times. We also decided before the game was changed on Thursday what we were going to throw in a couple of slabs for them as well. There were only beers sold to Thomastown people and free beers for Whittlesea people. All money raised through the BBQ went to the bush fire appeal. If Mill Park wern't such a bunch of gun crickets they would have contributed to what we were trying to do instead of sooking about it.

legend of a bear;326425 said:
You couldnt be further from the truth, Dropped.
If you were part of our team, you'd know we're just focused on trying to avoid the wooden spoon that everyone on here said we would win. :rolleyes:

Would be interesting though. The Franks did smash us earlier in the year, but having said that we we're without Roderick, McKeown and McDonald. And, as far as I know, Franks will be without Flynn who destroyed our top order in round 3 (6/30 odd).

Word on the street is that you didnt turn up that game either?:D

Kookaburra Boy;327259 said:
As a matter of fact it was a Thomastown home game not a Mill Park home game. We had decided to put on a BBQ on Tuesday for the guys from Whittlesea as we knew they were going through some hard times. We also decided before the game was changed on Thursday what we were going to throw in a couple of slabs for them as well. There were only beers sold to Thomastown people and free beers for Whittlesea people. All money raised through the BBQ went to the bush fire appeal. If Mill Park wern't such a bunch of pricks they would have contributed to what we were trying to do instead of sooking about it.

What $20,000 raised on the Thursday night and having the Whittlesea boys at out tern is not helping them out? Keep trying Soly one day you might get there>:rolleyes:

It was your home game but it is our ground and club rooms RESPECT is what this is all about,something your club knows nothing about!

legend of a bear;326304 said:
Try this Cow Corner:
A strong guide will be the money that comes for Gutto. If the umpires have a nibble, it may be an indication that they have tolerated his excessive appealing and constant whinging!! :eek:

$1.55 Gutterson**
$4.00 McKeown
$5.00 Kennel
$5.00 Lewis (he will give himself everychance of 3 votes this week) :D
$8.00 George
$8.00 Sadowy
$8.00 Thomas**
$11.00 Duggin
$16.00 Stewart, Cathiness
$21.00 Crowe, Motcshall
$10,001 O'Hallaron
$101 any other

**Gutterson & Thomas are ineligible until such a time that they pay Bear the outstanding slabs. :cool:

michael peters?

Sticky Wicket;326647 said:
Lester we don't need Flynn, White Lightning has you down as his bunny and should pick up from the slight loss of Flynn :)

Since when do "cuddly medium pacers" get refered to as "White Lightning" ??? :D:eek::D

The Wizz;327342 said:
What $20,000 raised on the Thursday night and having the Whittlesea boys at out tern is not helping them out? Keep trying Soly one day you might get there>:rolleyes:

It was your home game but it is our ground and club rooms RESPECT is what this is all about,something your club knows nothing about!

dont waste your time big fella
some people will just never get it

Sticky Wicket;326647 said:
Lester we don't need Flynn, White Lightning has you down as his bunny and should pick up from the slight loss of Flynn :)

you guys dont seriously think we'll make the finals do you?

i wouldnt be too concerned about us...you can rest easy and worry about the college.

Dropped first Ball;326408 said:
Is there any rule if you have been suspended this year you can't win. (dogga)
Dogga hasnt been suspended, he has played every game this year. Although it wont matter as i dont think he will win it anyway.

I think you'll find he has played every game because he appealed his original 2 week ban and since then appealed to a higher power after his appeal was thrown out.

Wonder if they'll have this sorted out by the finals, any College blokes have an update?

Massive round of cricket, comes right down to the wire.
Who will choke?
Will there be an outright?
Either way a great finish to a very competitive season by all!

Appreciate the few messages in regards to the Gleeson Medal. I am compiling a list and will wait until the conclusion of this weeks game. The medal presentation is not until the 20th March.

I would love a few more ideas pm'ed to me if you have the time.

Also when the finals start any other types of betting you wish to see pm me and I will look at.

Cheers

CC
Mod

The Wizz;325764 said:
legend of a bear;325726 said:
Joker, from these comments, its sounds as though you're a disappointed Mill Park player/member/commitee person as you seem to know a fair bit of whats going on at Redleap.
On face value, you may have grounds for being a little upset with what the TU guys were doing. I'd hate to think that they were trying there own little Bush Fire Appeal fundraiser, and you have jumped the gun in having a crack at them. -if this is the case, I reckon the only thing they are guilty of is possibly not communicating with the Mill Park comittee. It would be interesting to hear what The Wizz has to say about what happenend. Before we make too many assumptions, and have too many Presidents heads examined, I would be interested to hear a response from The Wizz.

I wont say to much as this matter is in the hands of the DVCA,I will say We at Mill Park have no problems with Thomastown trying to make money to help the fire appeal however I do have a problem with them setting up BBQ and selling beer at our ground.

The Joker has not jumped the gun what Thomastown did was wrong and not on. They seem to always find ways of crying poor I called Glen (President) and asked him not to sell the beer as we dont want our licence in any danger,after he promised me they wont sell beer they still did. Im sure if the shoe was on the other foot Thomastown would be the 1st club to be jumping up and down. But the matter is over with now and time to move on.

I and the club had no dramas with them cooking a BBQ just for the record.

As for Thommo cant see any reason for him to leave Mill Park as he has told every one its the best club and best bunch of blokes he has ever played with. I just cant see him leaving.

As a matter of fact it was a Thomastown home game not a Mill Park home game. We had decided to put on a BBQ on Tuesday for the guys from Whittlesea as we knew they were going through some hard times. We also decided before the game was changed on Thursday what we were going to throw in a couple of slabs for them as well. There were only beers sold to Thomastown people and free beers for Whittlesea people. All money raised through the BBQ went to the bush fire appeal. If Mill Park wern't such a bunch of gun crickets they would have contributed to what we were trying to do instead of sooking about it.

The Wizz;327342 said:

Maybe you should spend less time on chat forums and more time working on your game......880 posts, what a gun...(not like our President)

Kookaburra Boy;327259 said:
As a matter of fact it was a Thomastown home game not a Mill Park home game. We had decided to put on a BBQ on Tuesday for the guys from Whittlesea as we knew they were going through some hard times. We also decided before the game was changed on Thursday what we were going to throw in a couple of slabs for them as well. There were only beers sold to Thomastown people and free beers for Whittlesea people. All money raised through the BBQ went to the bush fire appeal. If Mill Park wern't such a bunch of pricks they would have contributed to what we were trying to do instead of sooking about it.

legend of a bear;328370 said:
wow...sounds like its on!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

looks like your in for a big arvo saturday bear, looking at the other results you probably have to pass them a.s.a.p, stick em in straight away and hope they're nice enough to make a game of it.
you would be extremely unlucky to miss out on 45points!!

P.S - Noticed Dale bowled 4th change, batting allrounder these days is he??

Kookaburra Boy;328366 said:
Maybe you should spend less time on chat forums and more time working on your game......880 posts, loser....

As I said keep trying Soly one day you might just get there! Im not holding my breath>:rolleyes:

Wouldnt have any thing to do with Mill Park SMASHING you guys all over the park and costing you a finals spot would it??

legend of a bear;326304 said:
Try this Cow Corner:
A strong guide will be the money that comes for Gutto. If the umpires have a nibble, it may be an indication that they have tolerated his excessive appealing and constant whinging!! :eek:

$1.55 Gutterson**
$4.00 McKeown
$5.00 Kennel
$5.00 Lewis (he will give himself everychance of 3 votes this week) :D
$8.00 George
$8.00 Sadowy
$8.00 Thomas**
$11.00 Duggin
$16.00 Stewart, Cathiness
$21.00 Crowe, Motcshall
$10,001 O'Hallaron
$101 any other

**Gutterson & Thomas are ineligible until such a time that they pay Bear the outstanding slabs. :cool:

michael peters?

Bundoora;328387 said:
looks like your in for a big arvo saturday bear, looking at the other results you probably have to pass them a.s.a.p, stick em in straight away and hope they're nice enough to make a game of it.
you would be extremely unlucky to miss out on 45points!!

P.S - Noticed Dale bowled 4th change, batting allrounder these days is he??

nah...we're just looking for 1st innings points, and hoping to avoid the wooden spoon.
my tip is that Groomy will earn his $8,000 +car +job +phone +super +seaside condo, and mill park will beat NEW.
if not, we'll take 5th.
dale...as i said at the start of the year, he's finished!! too old, too slow. the only guys he scare's nowadays is Eltham College, and we all know thats not that hard. :p

The Wizz;327342 said:

dont waste your time big fella
some people will just never get it

legend of a bear;328406 said:
nah...we're just looking for 1st innings points, and hoping to avoid the wooden spoon.
my tip is that Groomy will earn his $8,000 +car +job +phone +super +seaside condo, and mill park will beat NEW.
if not, we'll take 5th.
dale...as i said at the start of the year, he's finished!! too old, too slow. the only guys he scare's nowadays is Eltham College, and we all know thats not that hard. :p

I think you are right bear Mill Park will score a upset win against NEW and you blokes will sneak in

i think the first week of the finals will be

St Francis v South Morang
Yarrambat v College

what do people think?

and Brett Lewis for the medel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back