DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

legend of a bear;329303 said:
So you wont be running for the top job next year wizz?

Thats a shame...i was looking forward to hearing all about the EGM next week, -thought it was gonna be a hostile one!!

Chunky has no hope
Bogga the same
Shifta well he would make a good President, and its a good thing he wants to put something back into the club he will have my full support.

As for running for the top job lets just wait and see.;)

Sticky Wicket;330086 said:
As much as everyone has pasted him, he did get 35 odd wickets last year opening the bowling for Morang and got picked to play in a winning comp side.

Jonesy has picked up 16 wickets @ 18 this season, not terrible by any means. no one mentions the fact that Stewart came back to Mill Park a few years ago as an opening bowler and only has 8 wickets, after playing District 1s and Subbie 1/2's...

Personally I think Stewy is a decent bolwer and has done very well with the bat this year, however just trying to show a comparison...

Maybe the criticism is more based on what the perceived $$$ was to lure him to Mill Park.

How has the economic crisis hit Mill Park, can they afford to retain their players :)

P.s not many people have mentioned Groom, apparently got more than some of the Aussie contracted players to move to Mill Park, only made 200 runs from 13 hits....?
Good point. Groom hasnt really done a great deal this year, however im backing him to make up for the whole year tomorrow by making a big one against Wanderers to give Mill Park the 6 points. In overnight hopefully with a bit of luck can dispose of the North Eltham attack. We are hoping he and Mill Park can do it cause it will mean the Morang v Panton Hill result will not affect us.

legend of a bear;329303 said:
So you wont be running for the top job next year wizz?

Thats a shame...i was looking forward to hearing all about the EGM next week, -thought it was gonna be a hostile one!!

Its my unterstanding the EGM can't happen yet anyway as nothing has been sent out to the members and that needs at least 14 days notice. Is this correct wizz?

Does any 1 know what grounds the Grand Finals will be played at, will they have it at a club with 2 grounds or the 2 best grounds in the comp?:confused:

Eye of the tiger;329473 said:
Its my unterstanding the EGM can't happen yet anyway as nothing has been sent out to the members and that needs at least 14 days notice. Is this correct wizz?

Whats the reason for the EGM anyway?
I recall you guys had an EGM last year as well? Is everything okay up there at tigerland? Apart from the lack of on-field success (which will surely be addressed by the current committee during the off-season), things seem to be going along fine.

As an outsider, I reckon Mill Park need 2 things:
1. A stable committee of more than 1 year.
2. A new coach

;)

Sticky Wicket;328928 said:
they seem to have a few even contributors, a lot of pressure on the 19 yo Simon Bray, he needs to make 30+ and get at least 3 fa for them to win their finals. If their top 5 players contribute they will be competitive come finals. If they don't then we'll see scores like their match against Monty when their best score with the bat was less than 30...

Bray
Holzer
Mobilia
Shaw
Wilson
Stewart

Just a quick one too, If the game between College and Bats Played out earlier in the year, the losing team would not be in contention for finals and the winner would of been clear of second. Interest to note College were out for 173, have any of the college blokes thought about this?

In regards to the hoo hah around finals experience, it can work the complete opposite way, allah Geelong in all those VFL/AFL finals. If I was from Yarrambat, I' be more inclined to think "why we weren't good enough in the last two finals series"?... surely they would be questioning themselves...

The boys are definately not questioning themselves.
They are starting to play some really good all round cricket at the moment, compared to relying on their bowling to win them games at the start of the year.
As for the College game earlier in the year, it's funny how the 2 teams have their VERY different opinions !
It's stated on here that College were confident of defending the total, yet we were still keen to get out there on the 2nd day, all the way up to the tea break, as 4 an over in 40 overs would probably have suited us more, especially when there was no Gutto. (no offence Chippa & others)

legend of a bear;329487 said:
Whats the reason for the EGM anyway?

It worked well last year, suggestions were put forth that were implemented.

There should be less emphasis on the "E" in EGM when it comes to tigerland.

Plus, from what ive heard around the water cooler, a few guys on the committee just want to rest up for next year.

But dont quote me on that, im just a pleb that plays H Grade :p

Medel;330151 said:
Does any 1 know what grounds the Grand Finals will be played at, will they have it at a club with 2 grounds or the 2 best grounds in the comp?:confused:

Well seeing your team won't be playing in it I'll guess you'll have to ring someone from North Eltham Wanderers to find out.

Eye of the tiger;329473 said:

Its not a EGM as such,its a general meeting to pick our new committee for the next season. In the past it has worked really well,it gives the new committee a jump on other clubs. It gives them a chance to look for a coach early.

Holding the meeting early is a good thing we have over 40 members there, were if we hold it in the middle of winter we get 8...Thats why its held early.

The best thing about it the old committee can make the hand over at presentation night, we find it works for our club but every club is different.

The AGM is always held end of June.

beenaround;330235 said:
They are starting to play some really good all round cricket at the moment, compared to relying on their bowling to win them games at the start of the year.
As for the College game earlier in the year, it's funny how the 2 teams have their VERY different opinions !
It's stated on here that College were confident of defending the total, yet we were still keen to get out there on the 2nd day, all the way up to the tea break, as 4 an over in 40 overs would probably have suited us more, especially when there was no Gutto. (no offence Chippa & others)

What a crock. Everyone knows you are only making up the numbers. You choking efforts in the finals are a joke and I only hope the match goes into a second day.

Seems to me that this season has delivered some surprises,but maybe not.

Mill Park - Must be disappointed with thier result. Strong talks about the $'s spent on players/coaches at the start of the season - what a failure! Now about to have a committee punch up

Thomastown - too much talk, too little achieved. Still Fuzzy about anything

Montmorency - WTF happened there. Chocolates one day, jelly beans the next - great ground, no ticker

South Morng - What a surprise packet they turned out to be. They had been tipped to end up in Z grade. Those who bagged them early - hang your head in shame. Still, must get the water tested in Mill Parke Lakes - something doesn't add up.

Bundoora United - average, very average. Dyson dynasty remains

Noerth Eltham - Looks like playing finals for the first time in years & about to dump thier coiach - was it because he DIDN"T streak at the rep game? Also hear that they have approached a former north elthamer for the job next year... amzing what he's done lakeside.

St Francis - always unbackable. Started strong finishing strong. Will need a new ground for Barclay though - Container Park is no bloody good.

Panton Hills and Whittlesee - Tough year, no depth, will rebuild - good luck

College - Once a rabble, always a rabble. No etiquitte, no pride, no denim! Dogga is the new escape artist.

Hurstbriddge - to much grog not enough cricket. Ave weight 100 kgs+

Yarrambat - good bunch of blokes, had some bad luck, Ronnie is top bloke. Pelliser to be next Capt/Coach

... Lower Plenty, we will welcome Hamburger to Money next year!

Teapicker;330502 said:
What a crock. Everyone knows you are only making up the numbers. You choking efforts in the finals are a joke and I only hope the match goes into a second day.

Lower Plenty to come down next year

Why doesn't Mill Park make M.Jones President, least this way he will contribute something for the money he has been offered........

All Edges;329720 said:
Why doesn't Mill Park make M.Jones President, least this way he will contribute something for the money he has been offered........

Big bux paid I hear for Jonesy. Also hear he's p'd off with Millsy. Recent reports have him talking to his former mates about a return.

legend of a bear;328451 said:
Bats & Morang to win outright, NEW to win buy 20-30 runs, College to win by 100 runs, but miss out on %. How funny would that be
St. Francis Vs NEW
Bats Vs Morang

Well, the Bear wasnt far off was he. ;)

0.034% between NEW and Eltham College. That equates to about 8 runs!! Makes me think back to when Dogga told Gutto to block out the last 3 overs in the 2nd innings against us, instead of continuing to score. :confused:

As they say, "What goes around, comes around".

Bad luck to the College boys, i think they would've given it a real shake if they had've made the finals. :rolleyes:

Looks like the flag is safe with the Franks now.

The Daily Observer;329684 said:
Seems to me that this season has delivered some surprises,but maybe not.

Mill Park - Must be disappointed with thier result. Strong talks about the $'s spent on players/coaches at the start of the season - what a failure! Now about to have a committee punch up

Thomastown - too much talk, too little achieved. Still Fuzzy about anything

Montmorency - WTF happened there. Chocolates one day, jelly beans the next - great ground, no ticker

South Morng - What a surprise packet they turned out to be. They had been tipped to end up in Z grade. Those who bagged them early - hang your head in shame. Still, must get the water tested in Mill Parke Lakes - something doesn't add up.

Bundoora United - average, very average. Dyson dynasty remains

Noerth Eltham - Looks like playing finals for the first time in years & about to dump thier coiach - was it because he DIDN"T streak at the rep game? Also hear that they have approached a former north elthamer for the job next year... amzing what he's done lakeside.

St Francis - always unbackable. Started strong finishing strong. Will need a new ground for Barclay though - Container Park is no bloody good.

Panton Hills and Whittlesee - Tough year, no depth, will rebuild - good luck

College - Once a rabble, always a rabble. No etiquitte, no pride, no denim! Dogga is the new escape artist.

Hurstbriddge - to much grog not enough cricket. Ave weight 100 kgs+

Yarrambat - good bunch of blokes, had some bad luck, Ronnie is top bloke. Pelliser to be next Capt/Coach

... Lower Plenty, we will welcome Hamburger to Money next year!

Have to agree with you there Daily.. On most points..

Interested on a couple of your comments,

1) Wouldn't have though South Morang where a massive suprise considering their bowling line up, and do have some good bats
2) Are the Franks are sure thing?
3) Monty had a massive re-build and lost some quality with some very good youth coming through and won't be long until there back?
4) College, well (maybe I am biast) but rabble with no etiquitte? That sounds a little harsh! I missed 3 years of cricket, so maybe in the past there was some issues, but I wouldn't have thought those two words would describe us!

But your thoughts are your thoughts :confused:

legend of a bear;330532 said:

0.034% between NEW and Eltham College. That equates to about 8 runs!! Makes me think back to when Dogga told Gutto to block out the last 3 overs in the 2nd innings against us, instead of continuing to score. :confused:

Bad luck to the College boys, i think they would've given it a real shake if they had've made the finals. :rolleyes:

With all that love that has been shared between the College and Franks blokes this season, with the view of playing one another in the Grand Final I think it would be a nice gesture of the Franks skipper to ask them down to training this week and let them have a bowl and a bat and they could also organise their end of season trip together for the week after the Semi.

The Daily Observer;329728 said:
Big bux paid I hear for Jonesy. Also hear he's p'd off with Millsy. Recent reports have him talking to his former mates about a return.
Dunno if Jonesy would get a gig at Morang, definitely not short of bowlers down there this year........unless hes learnt how to bat.

Concussion;329756 said:
Dunno if Jonesy would get a gig at Morang, definitely not short of bowlers down there this year........unless hes learnt how to bat.

As much as everyone has pasted him, he did get 35 odd wickets last year opening the bowling for Morang and got picked to play in a winning comp side.

Jonesy has picked up 16 wickets @ 18 this season, not terrible by any means. no one mentions the fact that Stewart came back to Mill Park a few years ago as an opening bowler and only has 8 wickets, after playing District 1s and Subbie 1/2's...

Personally I think Stewy is a decent bolwer and has done very well with the bat this year, however just trying to show a comparison...

Maybe the criticism is more based on what the perceived $$$ was to lure him to Mill Park.

How has the economic crisis hit Mill Park, can they afford to retain their players :)

P.s not many people have mentioned Groom, apparently got more than some of the Aussie contracted players to move to Mill Park, only made 200 runs from 13 hits....?

Teapicker;330502 said:

back to your "self pleasuring" teapicker...

Sticky Wicket;330086 said:

Good point. Groom hasnt really done a great deal this year, however im backing him to make up for the whole year tomorrow by making a big one against Wanderers to give Mill Park the 6 points. In overnight hopefully with a bit of luck can dispose of the North Eltham attack. We are hoping he and Mill Park can do it cause it will mean the Morang v Panton Hill result will not affect us.

I wouldnt want to be those idiots from NE who decided to call a certain captain and ex coach from a club. LIttle word of advice, if your stupid enough to come and watch and then start trouble, calling and not hiding your caller ID probably isn't the smartest thing you could have done, especially to one particular ex coach and mentioning his family. Good luck to the franks, bats and SM for the finals. NE with any luck will be smashed out in round one! :D

Sticky Wicket;328928 said:
they seem to have a few even contributors, a lot of pressure on the 19 yo Simon Bray, he needs to make 30+ and get at least 3 fa for them to win their finals. If their top 5 players contribute they will be competitive come finals. If they don't then we'll see scores like their match against Monty when their best score with the bat was less than 30...

Bray
Holzer
Mobilia
Shaw
Wilson
Stewart

Just a quick one too, If the game between College and Bats Played out earlier in the year, the losing team would not be in contention for finals and the winner would of been clear of second. Interest to note College were out for 173, have any of the college blokes thought about this?

In regards to the hoo hah around finals experience, it can work the complete opposite way, allah Geelong in all those VFL/AFL finals. If I was from Yarrambat, I' be more inclined to think "why we weren't good enough in the last two finals series"?... surely they would be questioning themselves...

Crick;330678 said:
I wouldnt want to be those idiots from NE who decided to call a certain captain and ex coach from a club. LIttle word of advice, if your stupid enough to come and watch and then start trouble, calling and not hiding your caller ID probably isn't the smartest thing you could have done, especially to one particular ex coach and mentioning his family. Good luck to the franks, bats and SM for the finals. NE with any luck will be smashed out in round one! :D

sounds like an interesting day ! :eek::eek::eek:

Medel;330151 said:

Well seeing your team won't be playing in it I'll guess you'll have to ring someone from North Eltham Wanderers to find out.

beenaround;330235 said:

No Good at cricket;330711 said:
Yer you could say that. A very messy nite had last nite, should be interesting this week to see what happens, NEW Vs South Morang grand final i predict ;)

dont mind everyone giving our boys no chance at all !
Used to it after listening to Lispy Kev, No Show Stu, and Brad from Eltham on the radio every week ! :D

Teapicker;330502 said:

Lower Plenty to come down next year

No Good at cricket;330711 said:
Yer you could say that. A very messy nite had last nite, should be interesting this week to see what happens, NEW Vs South Morang grand final i predict ;)

Big prediction!!:eek:... but doubt it..

legend of a bear;328451 said:
Bats & Morang to win outright, NEW to win buy 20-30 runs, College to win by 100 runs, but miss out on %. How funny would that be
St. Francis Vs NEW
Bats Vs Morang

legend of a bear;330532 said:

With all that love that has been shared between the College and Franks blokes this season, with the view of playing one another in the Grand Final I think it would be a nice gesture of the Franks skipper to ask them down to training this week and let them have a bowl and a bat and they could also organise their end of season trip together for the week after the Semi.

All the talk is about St.Francis and how easy this will be for them. Clear favourites...unbeatable.
Lets see how there "stars" handle that expectation on game day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back