DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

nick geno;332509 said:
Thsi weeks games should be interesting with a bit of controversy caused over the weekend.but surely the big question is, how is "stinkamore"reserve fit for a final between st.francis and NEW..its by far the worst ground in the comp and isnt fit for play????

haha

LegB4;332633 said:
Hey Bear i wouldn't start mouthing off too early. If you guys don't take care of business there really ain't that much different between Morang and the College in 08/09.

mouthing off? I havent been on here talking about playing finals & grand finals & winning flags...we're just hoping to avoid the wooden spoon buddy. anything more than that is a bonus for us. ;)
dont worry, we all know at morang that we're years away from winning our way into Barclay, and we all firmly understand exactly where we're at. its okay...i know eltham college are a much better team than us, regardless of what the seasons results & ladder may say. :rolleyes:

LegB4;332633 said:
Hey Bear i wouldn't start mouthing off too early. If you guys don't take care of business there really ain't that much different between Morang and the College in 08/09.

I once remember something telling me something about chickens and counting them...:rolleyes:

Take it from someone who has first hand knowledge of the spoilt private schoolboy antics of EC in their attempts to impose their pathetic and unsportsman like behaviour over many seasons in the DVCA. A mainly decent group of people led astray by immature individuals who get their capabilities and their ambitions all mixed up with their wannabe egos.
Their skipper is a disgrace and should be leading by e.g. but continues to flaunt the rules and the people who administer them. Time for all at EC to take a good hard look in the mirror and adjust their attitude to what is the spirit of the game of cricket
The majority of people in the DVCA in the know had a bit of a giggle at the weekends results and thought, yes "what goes around comes around"
right whack!!!

Any more comments regarding Eltham College should be made on the C Grade and below thread. Eltham College are rubbish and the fact they choked in the last round of the year and previous years finals proves this. Anyone who wants to comment about Eltham College should go to the above mentioned thread as they only have a chance in D Grade. Ha ha get stuffed 3 cheers for the College.

notawhitemaggot;332702 said:
Any more comments regarding Eltham College should be made on the C Grade and below thread. Eltham College are rubbish and the fact they choked in the last round of the year and previous years finals proves this. Anyone who wants to comment about Eltham College should go to the above mentioned thread as they only have a chance in D Grade. Ha ha get stuffed 3 cheers for the College.

Thats not very nice :D:D

notawhitemaggot;332702 said:

if my team made the finals i would be keeping a low profile and concentrating on winning. as it's quick to turn around. mister 6 fa.:(

Greensborough voted in last night, looks like there will be a bye next season unless the d.v.c.a. can convince a club to drop to "c" grade ( which shouldn't happen ). Personally, i think they should have been told to start in "C" grade and work there way up, Macleod had too,(i think).
Apparently the compromise on the bye is that Sheild & Reserve wont have a bye on the same game, so it looks like the days of playing the same team each round in both grades are over.
Seems silly to inconvenience 12 clubs to accomodate 1:confused:

one shot;332762 said:
if my team made the finals i would be keeping a low profile and concentrating on winning. as it's quick to turn around. mister 6 fa.:(

Whats this world coming to?? One day a whitemaggot the next a wicket taking machine!!:rolleyes:

Well well - Finals time is here....Not the mix predicted. So much for the so-called experts at the srat of the season

The DO's quick wrap for the tragics:

St Francis - Premiers from Day 1 - Off to Barclay soon. Will need a backyard blitz on that ground though.

Yarrambat - Good outfit, will be strong against South Morang & will play off against St F - Mobilia, Holzer to both ton up.

South Morang - perhaps should be called Lemon Morang: Turned out to be a pretty sweet package. Will get totally devoured this weekend though. Well done anyway. Will get embarrased by the bats but should be proud of the effort

NEW - Fell in to the finals and have armed two members to shake the College tree. Perhaps they should send each of them back to PH and DC. NEW will match thier egos to their batting and give the Franks a scare. Could be the sleeper here - new coach wanted though... is the deal signed with the lakeman yet?

College - still bitter & twisted. You're out of the race - face it. The big dissapointment of the season. Tipped them as potential premiers rather than the great pretenders. Oh well, there's always next year... AGAIN

Observer.... with all the daily news!

Bundoora;332960 said:
Greensborough voted in last night, looks like there will be a bye next season unless the d.v.c.a. can convince a club to drop to "c" grade ( which shouldn't happen ). Personally, i think they should have been told to start in "C" grade and work there way up, Macleod had too,(i think).
Apparently the compromise on the bye is that Sheild & Reserve wont have a bye on the same game, so it looks like the days of playing the same team each round in both grades are over.

I suppose there is always the slight chance that wattle glen will be able to get their act together and field a couple of sides. Perhaps they could fill the void caused by the bye. They were always in the finals mix in C grade, so maybe wouldn't be totally disgraced. Highly unlikely though.

Prehaps the DVCA should try to attract another club from JIKA or HDCA; one with a good ground perhaps...

Actually, come to think of it there can't be that many clubs left in the HDCA, it would have to be close to going under.

The Daily Observer;332982 said:
Well well - Finals time is here....Not the mix predicted. So much for the so-called experts at the srat of the season

St Francis - Premiers from Day 1 - Off to Barclay soon. Will need a backyard blitz on that ground though.

Yarrambat - Good outfit, will be strong against South Morang & will play off against St F - Mobilia, Holzer to both ton up.

South Morang - perhaps should be called Lemon Morang: Turned out to be a pretty sweet package. Will get totally devoured this weekend though. Well done anyway. Will get embarrased by the bats but should be proud of the effort

NEW - Fell in to the finals and have armed two members to shake the College tree. Perhaps they should send each of them back to PH and DC. NEW will match thier egos to their batting and give the Franks a scare. Could be the sleeper here - new coach wanted though... is the deal signed with the lakeman yet?

College - still bitter & twisted. You're out of the race - face it. The big dissapointment of the season. Tipped them as potential premiers rather than the great pretenders. Oh well, there's always next year... AGAIN

My predictions for the semi finals this weekend:

SF v NEW: The battle of the batsman at the quickest ground in the Valley!! Duggin back in form, Berthet, Lewis and Barker all making some and Wegs and Matty Del who are very good on their day versus Al Mann, the 2 kids Smith and Young and Ducky whos made a few. Also Collicoat who can bat Will come down to whose bowlers bowl the better lines at Sycamore. Bat on the Saturday, make 350 and try and bowl well on the Sunday would be the plan by both sides. St.Francis to win, Duggin to bowl 25+ and restrict the scoring with his darts. But will be an excellent game.

YB V SM: Yarrambat have shown they could be the team recently who can both bat and bowl well with Stewart, Bray, and Holzer starting to get amongst the runs. Have had one of the better attacks in the comp too. Morang have had issues with their batting but not only has their bowling won them games, they have gotten away with the bat a couple of times this year with Kumar making a couple of scores. Yarrambat to win just. I think if they can scratch out 180-200 they can bowl tight they will win.

Good luck to all teams at the weekend.

Bundoora;332960 said:

But the DV clubs voted for GCC to come in, so they dont seem to be that worried about the inconvenience of the bye or it would have been knocked on the head last night
I'm sure Macleod went straight into Money at the time they went over, shortly after that the constitution was changed thus the vote last night. Anyway,hopefully the bye is only for one season.

Silly Mid;332392 said:
Franks may be nervous, What about the Bats nerves... 2 failed finals campaigns in a matter of years... should smash the struggling Morang. Bats have a bit of pride to hold onto...IF they stumble will they be known as chokers when it comes to finals??

no doubt that IF our boys stumble, we will be in line for a truck load of sh*t until we finally get over the line, but I do believe that our 3 finals campaigns out of the last 4 years has only made us stronger....
At least I HOPE so :D

HUMMTB;333050 said:
But the DV clubs voted for GCC to come in, so they dont seem to be that worried about the inconvenience of the bye or it would have been knocked on the head last night
I'm sure Macleod went straight into Money at the time they went over, shortly after that the constitution was changed thus the vote last night. Anyway,hopefully the bye is only for one season.

Didnt Macleod come in the year Wattle Glen folded? Im pretty sure they did..

HUMMTB;333050 said:

that's right, 20 votes in favour i think, and have no issue with Greensborough playing in the d.v.c.a, just seems to have happened very quickly, from a club perspective. i know the executive of the d.v.c.a. and reps of the G.C.C had met previously and the d.v.c.a. were very impressed and urged the clubs to vote in favour.
And don't take as gospel that because the vote was so one sided that this indicates the feelings of all clubs, with 10 days notice of the special meeting i'd be suprised if many clubs actually had formal discussions at all in regards to the way they voted.

Good luck though, i have nothing against your club, infact i have your "greenlough" ( club chamion award ) at mum & dad's joint i think, my brother won it about 20 years ago!!!!

Nudie Run;331348 said:
Agree. Lets just let this be. On a different note, what are peoples picks?

Pickers Ponderings for the Semi-Finals.

NEW to defeat St Francis
After going back through this forum and identifying the Franks Big Heads it is quite easy to assume that they thought this season finished in round 3.
The Franks are far from being in the best of form and didn't get close to bowling NEW out last time.
Rumour has it those duffers from Hurstbridge dropped 9 catches last week which included Duggin before he had scored (Could he bat any lower) and rely heavily on an old obese guy batting at 3 that is hit or miss.
Their popgun bowling attack would surely be ranked as one of the worst in the comp with over 700 runs being conceded in the last 3 games and a heavy reliance on a spinner who doesn't spin it.

Morang to defeat Bats
Could come up with numerous reasons why but quite simply the Bats haven't got the guts or the mental hardness to play finals. During the home and away season when big Ronnie slags off at all of the kids in the comp he gets gets away with it, but the Morang boys with a combined I.Q of 57 won't be intimidated.
Maybe College and Yarrambat can play a 20/20 match on Grand Final Day so at least one of them will know what its like to win in March.

Picker Out

LegB4;332633 said:

I once remember something telling me something about chickens and counting them...:rolleyes:

Take it from someone who has first hand knowledge of the spoilt private schoolboy antics of EC in their attempts to impose their pathetic and unsportsman like behaviour over many seasons in the DVCA. A mainly decent group of people led astray by immature individuals who get their capabilities and their ambitions all mixed up with their wannabe egos.
Their skipper is a disgrace and should be leading by e.g. but continues to flaunt the rules and the people who administer them. Time for all at EC to take a good hard look in the mirror and adjust their attitude to what is the spirit of the game of cricket
The majority of people in the DVCA in the know had a bit of a giggle at the weekends results and thought, yes "what goes around comes around"
right whack!!!

Teapicker;333083 said:

NEW to defeat St Francis
After going back through this forum and identifying the Franks Big Heads it is quite easy to assume that they thought this season finished in round 3.
The Franks are far from being in the best of form and didn't get close to bowling NEW out last time.
Rumour has it those duffers from Hurstbridge dropped 9 catches last week which included Duggin before he had scored (Could he bat any lower) and rely heavily on an old obese guy batting at 3 that is hit or miss.
Their popgun bowling attack would surely be ranked as one of the worst in the comp with over 700 runs being conceded in the last 3 games and a heavy reliance on a spinner who doesn't spin it.

Morang to defeat Bats
Could come up with numerous reasons why but quite simply the Bats haven't got the guts or the mental hardness to play finals. During the home and away season when big Ronnie slags off at all of the kids in the comp he gets gets away with it, but the Morang boys with a combined I.Q of 57 won't be intimidated.
Maybe College and Yarrambat can play a 20/20 match on Grand Final Day so at least one of them will know what its like to win in March.

Picker Out

so how was the insitution picker, must have got early release did you.

Teapicker;333083 said:

NEW to defeat St Francis

Morang to defeat Bats

Picker Out
Hey picker whats up?

Could you or someone else please clarify a rumour that is starting to circulate that NEW will be recalling Brett Temple for this weekends semi to bolster their bowling stocks and stop their batsman (Al Mann and Collicoat) sending down trash? Rest assured though their worst bowler (Ethan Groves) is still in. Ozzie Mann will have to take 9 fa to give them a shot (with Temple taking the other 1)

Concussion;333513 said:
Hey picker whats up?

Could you or someone else please clarify a rumour that is starting to circulate that NEW will be recalling Brett Temple for this weekends semi to bolster their bowling stocks and stop their batsman (Al Mann and Collicoat) sending down trash? Rest assured though their worst bowler (Ethan Groves) is still in. Ozzie Mann will have to take 9 fa to give them a shot (with Temple taking the other 1)

Temple will not be playing this week but what I can confirm is Collicoat is getting his nails painted tonight and his hair done so he tries to look good while getting smashed all around the park tomorrow. Actually I think Del Mastro is booked in at the same time.
Picker Out.

Concussion;333513 said:
Hey picker whats up?

Haha, don't know where that rumour came from

Bundoora;332960 said:

I suppose there is always the slight chance that wattle glen will be able to get their act together and field a couple of sides. Perhaps they could fill the void caused by the bye. They were always in the finals mix in C grade, so maybe wouldn't be totally disgraced. Highly unlikely though.

Prehaps the DVCA should try to attract another club from JIKA or HDCA; one with a good ground perhaps...

Actually, come to think of it there can't be that many clubs left in the HDCA, it would have to be close to going under.

Teapicker;333083 said:

NEW to defeat St Francis

Morang to defeat Bats

Picker Out

Would love to Pete Mann get runs, he is probably one of the best bats and techniques i have seen at this level of cricket. He and Al are genuine good blokes and good cricketers

The Daily Observer;332982 said:

My predictions for the semi finals this weekend:

SF v NEW: The battle of the batsman at the quickest ground in the Valley!! Duggin back in form, Berthet, Lewis and Barker all making some and Wegs and Matty Del who are very good on their day versus Al Mann, the 2 kids Smith and Young and Ducky whos made a few. Also Collicoat who can bat Will come down to whose bowlers bowl the better lines at Sycamore. Bat on the Saturday, make 350 and try and bowl well on the Sunday would be the plan by both sides. St.Francis to win, Duggin to bowl 25+ and restrict the scoring with his darts. But will be an excellent game.

YB V SM: Yarrambat have shown they could be the team recently who can both bat and bowl well with Stewart, Bray, and Holzer starting to get amongst the runs. Have had one of the better attacks in the comp too. Morang have had issues with their batting but not only has their bowling won them games, they have gotten away with the bat a couple of times this year with Kumar making a couple of scores. Yarrambat to win just. I think if they can scratch out 180-200 they can bowl tight they will win.

Good luck to all teams at the weekend.

teapicker;333083 said:
pickers ponderings for the semi-finals.

New to defeat st francis
after going back through this forum and identifying the franks big heads it is quite easy to assume that they thought this season finished in round 3.
The franks are far from being in the best of form and didn't get close to bowling new out last time.
Rumour has it those duffers from hurstbridge dropped 9 catches last week which included duggin before he had scored (could he bat any lower) and rely heavily on an old obese guy batting at 3 that is hit or miss.

Morang to defeat bats
could come up with numerous reasons why but quite simply the bats haven't got the guts or the mental hardness to play finals. during the home and away season when big ronnie slags off at all of the kids in the comp he gets gets away with it, but the morang boys with a combined i.q of 57 won't be intimidated.
Maybe college and yarrambat can play a 20/20 match on grand final day so at least one of them will know what its like to win in march.

Picker out

you certainly are a unit picker.
Not a very bright one, but a unit none the less.

Bundoora;332960 said:

u little beauty, nothing more to say than north outplayed the big heads at st franga, bad luck boys you dont win finals in november, should be a great game next week against the bats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back