DVCA Money Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield

Not Out!;331812 said:
You can carry on as much as you like about the college missing out on finals, they should've beaten both Morang & St Francis when well on top, they beat NEW already and would have beaten Yarrambat with the 173 they made which was the highest score at the college all season in any grade, but that's cricket and we move on, no one to blame but themselves!

Thats possibly a bit harsh Mr Not Out !
After all, 173 is still only 173, and with no disrespect meant to Chippa, Bullen and the rest of the boys, having not Gutto that game "could" have made the world of difference...

Not Out!;332455 said:
Why don't you read the whole statement I made rather than whingeing about 1 word that I mentioned as "any" not "all" nob jockey? The whole point I was making was that the college have no one to blame but themselves for missing the finals which they so narrowly missed and the reasons why they missed them, and also from what I heard the last 15 overs at Bundy United was some of the best cricket going around?? The College bowling & catching to dismiss Bundy Utd for 93 and give themselves a chance of getting 91 from 42 balls, then falling 5 runs short needing a 6 of the final delivery for an outright win and finals but missing it, is what we should be discussing not how many runs Mill Park 2's made in round 2 or 3 because I personally couldn't give a f*ck about that, and if I did I'd be talking about it in the Money Reserve thread, not here!
As for Beenaround you're right no Gutto, no College could have came into the equation.. But we'll never know will we? Apparently he sewed up the Gleeson at Bundy Utd on Saturday anyway!!

Who's to say that he didnt read your whole statement?

I, for one did, and understood the premisce of the original arguement. College DO have to blame for not making the finals, as you said, they dropped games at critical stages.

I was merely suggesting that for the washout game, you cant say it isnt impossible to score 173 on the College ground, so to say that if the weather was not as bad, they'd have the victory sewn up (and hence, a finals birth rather than a wasteful 5th position), is ludicrious. All what if's and hypotheticals to be honest.

FieldingAllrounder;332458 said:

I, for one did, and understood the premisce of the original arguement. College DO have to blame for not making the finals, as you said, they dropped games at critical stages.

I was merely suggesting that for the washout game, you cant say it isnt impossible to score 173 on the College ground, so to say that if the weather was not as bad, they'd have the victory sewn up (and hence, a finals birth rather than a wasteful 5th position), is ludicrious. All what if's and hypotheticals to be honest.
Being a player at the College the only thing that can be said is that we were the 5th best team in the comp this year. Thats it. Doesnt matter what we should have or shouldnt have done, statistics show there were 4 teams better than us.

Not Out!;332455 said:
Why don't you read the whole statement I made rather than whingeing about 1 word that I mentioned as "any" not "all" nob jockey? The whole point I was making was that the college have no one to blame but themselves for missing the finals which they so narrowly missed and the reasons why they missed them, and also from what I heard the last 15 overs at Bundy United was some of the best cricket going around?? The College bowling & catching to dismiss Bundy Utd for 93 and give themselves a chance of getting 91 from 42 balls, then falling 5 runs short needing a 6 of the final delivery for an outright win and finals but missing it, is what we should be discussing not how many runs Mill Park 2's made in round 2 or 3 because I personally couldn't give a f*ck about that, and if I did I'd be talking about it in the Money Reserve thread, not here!
As for Beenaround you're right no Gutto, no College could have came into the equation.. But we'll never know will we? Apparently he sewed up the Gleeson at Bundy Utd on Saturday anyway!!

Thanks for all the stats & spin doctoring young fella...are you actually Terry Wallace?
In true Eltham College style, all we've heard from you lot since Saturday is how hard done by, -and how unlucky you have been. Typically, a number of you decided to use this forum to let the world know how "disgusting" the phone calls from Saturday night were (you may have grounds for being disappointed, but deal with it in a fashion that might have some relevence). We've also heard about how unlucky you were not to get the points from Round 5. The facts are, that you finished 5th, -and this competition is now down to 4 teams. No matter how much whingeing you want to display, I think its time you started looking in your own backyard as why you're not playing this week.
All season there has been a number of you on here telling the world that College and Franks will be fighting it out for the flag. Well guess what buddy, its time to shut the ---- up, and find a new playground to play in, cos you guys aren't bigger enough for this one! :eek:
Go back and look for another 8 players, cos as I've been saying on here since the start of the season, until you find some decent and consistent cricketers, -with a little bit of ticker, capable of helping Dogga, Gutto & Chippa, you'll be forever stuck in Money Shield with teams like Sth Morang.
Learn to take you're medicine when things dont go right.
ie.
-Blaming the umpires after the Sth Morang loss?
-Blaming the world when dogga got suspended?
-Blaming the rain when the whole comp got washed out?
-Carrying on like the NEW boys are the only people that get personal when i know for a FACT that Eltham College players make comments about my family?

Until you replace a few big mouths in that team (eg The 2 blokes that made ducks against us, and dropped a very easy catch each that would've changed the result) with some jam tart...keep your stats & spin & excuses & sooking to yourself.

To Gutto, if he did sew up the Medal last week like you say, well done to him. Top bloke, Top cricketer....just wish he'd learn to pay his slabs.

legend of a bear;332226 said:

I just see the "Frang" being fairly nervous Bear, so they might not be at the top of their game, where as NEW have absolutely zero to lose.

As for the second game, I am purely tipping with my heart :p

Thsi weeks games should be interesting with a bit of controversy caused over the weekend.but surely the big question is, how is "stinkamore"reserve fit for a final between st.francis and NEW..its by far the worst ground in the comp and isnt fit for play????

legend of a bear;332479 said:
Thanks for all the stats & spin doctoring young fella...are you actually Terry Wallace?
In true Eltham College style, all we've heard from you lot since Saturday is how hard done by, -and how unlucky you have been. Typically, a number of you decided to use this forum to let the world know how "disgusting" the phone calls from Saturday night were (you may have grounds for being disappointed, but deal with it in a fashion that might have some relevence). We've also heard about how unlucky you were not to get the points from Round 5. The facts are, that you finished 5th, -and this competition is now down to 4 teams. No matter how much whingeing you want to display, I think its time you started looking in your own backyard as why you're not playing this week.
All season there has been a number of you on here telling the world that College and Franks will be fighting it out for the flag. Well guess what buddy, its time to shut the ---- up, and find a new playground to play in, cos you guys aren't bigger enough for this one! :eek:
Go back and look for another 8 players, cos as I've been saying on here since the start of the season, until you find some decent and consistent cricketers, -with a little bit of ticker, capable of helping Dogga, Gutto & Chippa, you'll be forever stuck in Money Shield with teams like Sth Morang.
ie.
-Carrying on like the NEW boys are the only people that get personal when i know for a FACT that Eltham College players make comments about my family?

Until you replace a few big mouths in that team (eg The 2 blokes that made ducks against us, and dropped a very easy catch each that would've changed the result) with some jam tart...keep your stats & spin & excuses & sooking to yourself.

To Gutto, if he did sew up the Medal last week like you say, well done to him. Top bloke, Top cricketer....just wish he'd learn to pay his slabs.
Is this the same bloke who sooked up at tribunal fabracating stories about what was said????

No one at the College is blaming anyone but themselves. More than anything dissapointed we couldnt bowl out the E grade quality South Morang batting line for less than 98. Good luck defending 70 on the weekend you will need it, thats if you make that many!

Best of luck to the franks i hope they win the whole thing, a good side and a good bunch of blokes to boot.

Not Out!;331885 said:
If your so pedantic then why didn't you post this in the Money Reserve thread then?? I thought we were talking about Money Shield here?? But don't let that get in the way of your Ego?

Also just recieved an email from a mate at the college who's orgainisng a charity event at that infamous quoted ground. will post below!

It is the money shield thread knob jockey however you stated that 173 was the highest score in ALL GRADES and fielding allrounder just corrected you saying a team in money reserve scored more than that. No need to try and get stuck into him just because you cant do your research right.

Benji;332520 said:
Is this the same bloke who sooked up at tribunal fabracating stories about what was said????

No one at the College is blaming anyone but themselves. More than anything dissapointed we couldnt bowl out the E grade quality South Morang batting line for less than 98. Good luck defending 70 on the weekend you will need it, thats if you make that many!

Best of luck to the franks i hope they win the whole thing, a good side and a good bunch of blokes to boot.

Benji......Smart man you..That so called "E" grade quality side that defeated you guys are prepping for a final this weekend...What are you up too?? Watching your 2nds....oops sorry they caved in also didnt they..

The Ledge is a stand up character of the money shield,i'd belive anything that came out of his mouth before the potty mouth tripe that 90% of the collage boys spend all week working on to deliver will no effect on a saturday afternoon....

As for Dogga his standing as a cricketer and a bloke has dropped to a all time low for next season maybe its time for him pack his ego away and just keep cover drivin on the up to a short cover every other week.

Good luck to all sides this week.

beenaround;332237 said:
I just see the "Frang" being fairly nervous Bear, so they might not be at the top of their game, where as NEW have absolutely zero to lose.

As for the second game, I am purely tipping with my heart :p

Franks may be nervous, What about the Bats nerves... 2 failed finals campaigns in a matter of years... should smash the struggling Morang. Bats have a bit of pride to hold onto...IF they stumble will they be known as chokers when it comes to finals??

Lets all settle down boys, lets not forget this is a cricket thread. There is no need to get personal on here. Good luck to all the teams they made the finals.

Tipping the frangas unfortunatly and also tipping Roderick from morang to finally get amongst (proven it at a past club can bat obvisouly struggling on these new decks) the runs for the lions and to bet yarrambat just.

Benji;332520 said:

Yeah, I'm the bloke that was asked to tell the tribunal what was said. Your captain was asked to sit in my hearing, and interject if he disagreed or wanted to deny anything I had to say. -again, an Eltham College person blaming someone else for something they had control of themselves. -suprise suprise!

Dont worry mate, we were disappointed we couldn't bowl out the F grade quality Eltham College batting line up for less than 79 :D:D

We might be defending 70 on the weekend, what will the College be defending? :rolleyes:

Eye of the tiger;332391 said:
It is the money shield thread knob jockey however you stated that 173 was the highest score in ALL GRADES and fielding allrounder just corrected you saying a team in money reserve scored more than that. No need to try and get stuck into him just because you cant do your research right.

Cheers EOTT, said what I was going to say as what is the point of continuing a convo in a different thread when Not Out! has opened himself to critisism with stating All GRADES. Just assuming probably that only the 1st's can score lots of runs.

legend of a bear;332606 said:
Yeah, I'm the bloke that was asked to tell the tribunal what was said. Your captain was asked to sit in my hearing, and interject if he disagreed or wanted to deny anything I had to say. -again, an Eltham College person blaming someone else for something they had control of themselves. -suprise suprise!

Dont worry mate, we were disappointed we couldn't bowl out the F grade quality Eltham College batting line up for less than 79 :D:D

We might be defending 70 on the weekend, what will the College be defending? :rolleyes:

Hey Bear i wouldn't start mouthing off too early. If you guys don't take care of business there really ain't that much different between Morang and the College in 08/09.

I once remember something telling me something about chickens and counting them...:rolleyes:

Silly Mid;332392 said:
Franks may be nervous, What about the Bats nerves... 2 failed finals campaigns in a matter of years... should smash the struggling Morang. Bats have a bit of pride to hold onto...IF they stumble will they be known as chokers when it comes to finals??

Please explain....?

I don't think you justify calling them struggling when they won one of only two outrights for the season on the weekend. Regardless of whether or not Y'Bat should smash them.

nick geno;332509 said:
Thsi weeks games should be interesting with a bit of controversy caused over the weekend.but surely the big question is, how is "stinkamore"reserve fit for a final between st.francis and NEW..its by far the worst ground in the comp and isnt fit for play????

haha

Eye of the tiger;332391 said:

LegB4;332633 said:
Hey Bear i wouldn't start mouthing off too early. If you guys don't take care of business there really ain't that much different between Morang and the College in 08/09.

mouthing off? I havent been on here talking about playing finals & grand finals & winning flags...we're just hoping to avoid the wooden spoon buddy. anything more than that is a bonus for us. ;)
dont worry, we all know at morang that we're years away from winning our way into Barclay, and we all firmly understand exactly where we're at. its okay...i know eltham college are a much better team than us, regardless of what the seasons results & ladder may say. :rolleyes:

Not Out!;332455 said:

Any more comments regarding Eltham College should be made on the C Grade and below thread. Eltham College are rubbish and the fact they choked in the last round of the year and previous years finals proves this. Anyone who wants to comment about Eltham College should go to the above mentioned thread as they only have a chance in D Grade. Ha ha get stuffed 3 cheers for the College.

FieldingAllrounder;332458 said:

Being a player at the College the only thing that can be said is that we were the 5th best team in the comp this year. Thats it. Doesnt matter what we should have or shouldnt have done, statistics show there were 4 teams better than us.

notawhitemaggot;332702 said:
Any more comments regarding Eltham College should be made on the C Grade and below thread. Eltham College are rubbish and the fact they choked in the last round of the year and previous years finals proves this. Anyone who wants to comment about Eltham College should go to the above mentioned thread as they only have a chance in D Grade. Ha ha get stuffed 3 cheers for the College.

Thats not very nice :D:D

Not Out!;332455 said:

ie.

notawhitemaggot;332702 said:

if my team made the finals i would be keeping a low profile and concentrating on winning. as it's quick to turn around. mister 6 fa.:(

one shot;332762 said:
if my team made the finals i would be keeping a low profile and concentrating on winning. as it's quick to turn around. mister 6 fa.:(

Whats this world coming to?? One day a whitemaggot the next a wicket taking machine!!:rolleyes:

legend of a bear;332479 said:
ie.

Benji;332520 said:

Benji......Smart man you..That so called "E" grade quality side that defeated you guys are prepping for a final this weekend...What are you up too?? Watching your 2nds....oops sorry they caved in also didnt they..

The Ledge is a stand up character of the money shield,i'd belive anything that came out of his mouth before the potty mouth tripe that 90% of the collage boys spend all week working on to deliver will no effect on a saturday afternoon....

As for Dogga his standing as a cricketer and a bloke has dropped to a all time low for next season maybe its time for him pack his ego away and just keep cover drivin on the up to a short cover every other week.

Good luck to all sides this week.

Lets all settle down boys, lets not forget this is a cricket thread. There is no need to get personal on here. Good luck to all the teams they made the finals.

Benji;332520 said:

Silly Mid;332392 said:

no doubt that IF our boys stumble, we will be in line for a truck load of sh*t until we finally get over the line, but I do believe that our 3 finals campaigns out of the last 4 years has only made us stronger....
At least I HOPE so :D

legend of a bear;332606 said:

I once remember something telling me something about chickens and counting them...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back