DVCA Off-Season 202021

Not sure what it's got to do with the NMCA? always trying to sink the boots in hey bricky, they must of really upset you in a previous life
I took his comments as we should be basically merging with them.
Hahaha yes don’t mind a sly dig few times a week at them. Just not a fan to be honest mate. But I can’t see how taking any of their clubs on forcing us to change our whole structure would help us? I feel as if the comp is fine atm.

Covid thought: How do clubs minimise exposure to covid once season starts. I can only assume having 40 blokes at training is going to create a petri dish for this virus to spread. Personally I dont think cricket should be played at all this year like afl. Professional cricket is different obviously as theres money involved but i say give amateur cricket a skip this year?

Covid thought: How do clubs minimise exposure to covid once season starts. I can only assume having 40 blokes at training is going to create a petri dish for this virus to spread. Personally I dont think cricket should be played at all this year like afl. Professional cricket is different obviously as theres money involved but i say give amateur cricket a skip this year?
🎣🎣🎣

I’d have 4 shield grades leaving Barclay the way it is and having a mixture of dvca and nmca throughout the following three grades with a 2 up 2 down system for about 3 seasons
None of the NMCA teams would go for that i would imagine.
And then on the counter side, none of the Money shield teams would go for that.

None of the NMCA teams would go for that i would imagine.
And then on the counter side, none of the Money shield teams would go for that.
Again, the only way it will work is if the NMCA clubs who qualify to come across cave and just accept they won’t get a free ride. The DVCA are not going to flex for anyone...

Again, the only way it will work is if the NMCA clubs who qualify to come across cave and just accept they won’t get a free ride. The DVCA are not going to flex for anyone...
Never say never. Stranger things have happened and CV call the shots.

I don’t want to see it happen, two comps are better than one.

I think our faithful leader made it pretty clear that he wasn't gonna budge on 30 clubs so can't see this happening anytime soon and if I was one of the other two or three clubs that were interested in moving (by all accounts not treated that well) can't see them being that keen on it to be truthful........
You'd have to either run the two comps side by side at first and slowly cross them over or as mentioned Barclay, jika, money ,quick etc all the way down 2 up 2 down .

Im not fully across the NMCA set up, but how many teams would be sustainable if they came across to DVCA?

If its 10 or 12, then i think the structure should be 5 divisions of 8 teams, playing everyone in a one dayer and a 2 dayer, or 4 divisions of 10 playing everyone once in a 2 day game. 18 days of cricket or 21 days of cricket + T20 stuff.

I have significant concerns for some teams in the DVCA as it is, so a merger wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, however the smaller clubs would have to meet stringent criteria in order to come across to the DVCA

Im not fully across the NMCA set up, but how many teams would be sustainable if they came across to DVCA?

If its 10 or 12, then i think the structure should be 5 divisions of 8 teams, playing everyone in a one dayer and a 2 dayer, or 4 divisions of 10 playing everyone once in a 2 day game. 18 days of cricket or 21 days of cricket + T20 stuff.

I have significant concerns for some teams in the DVCA as it is, so a merger wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, however the smaller clubs would have to meet stringent criteria in order to come across to the DVCA
Which clubs do you have significant concerns about?

Ill bite - you could train in 10-15 man groups for an hour or so once a week, so start at 5 with three groups, 5-6, 6-7 and 7-8. Everyone could purchase their own ball to use so no waxing of the good nuts. Or you know, just not train at all.

Ill bite - you could train in 10-15 man groups for an hour or so once a week, so start at 5 with three groups, 5-6, 6-7 and 7-8. Everyone could purchase their own ball to use so no waxing of the good nuts. Or you know, just not train at all.

With the 2nd wave starting all plans are in disarray again.....i would say have a limit of 20 at training. But like with Essendon if a player tests positive, do they suspend all games that week knowing players might have gotten it?? gaah this is so frustrating!

With the 2nd wave starting all plans are in disarray again.....i would say have a limit of 20 at training. But like with Essendon if a player tests positive, do they suspend all games that week knowing players might have gotten it?? gaah this is so frustrating!
Keeping in mind the season is 4 months away, just hang tight. Things can change very quickly.

Let’s wait out the next 4 weeks and hope people obey the restrictions

Back