DVCA Off-Season 202021

Having to bring your own food and drinks too, I mean really? Everyone pretty much uses throw away plastic cups or washes the glasses after use so why ban that? You can go to a restaurant and eat with cutlery that who knows how many people have used before you, of course they are washed too. You can buy any amount of take away that has the person prepare your food, this just seems ridiculous. Where were all these restrictions last year when influenza killed over 1000 Australians?
Having to bring your own food and drinks too, I mean really? Everyone pretty much uses throw away plastic cups or washes the glasses after use so why ban that? You can go to a restaurant and eat with cutlery that who knows how many people have used before you, of course they are washed too. You can buy any amount of take away that has the person prepare your food, this just seems ridiculous. Where were all these restrictions last year when influenza killed over 1000 Australians?
Easy big fella you’ll still get ya Boston buns and Frankfurts. Am hearing a few are leaving BU??

Haven't heard, pretty sure Rosebank have had a longstanding arrangement with Kookaburra over the years, maybe they helped broker a deal.

What would the details of a deal with them and the comp be? Cheaper balls? Would be handy seeing how expensive balls can get.

Haven't heard, pretty sure Rosebank have had a longstanding arrangement with Kookaburra over the years, maybe they helped broker a deal.

What would the details of a deal with them and the comp be? Cheaper balls? Would be handy seeing how expensive balls can get.
The deal is renegotiated every 3 years I believe. Details would be ball prices ( can't see cheaper given current climate) how much sponsorship to DVCA and rebate per ball back to DVCA.

I can see the whole next season being scrapped now. With these individual lock downs in suburbs, what happens if say, a team finds itself with a home ground in an open suburb, but the majority of their players in locked down suburbs, unable to play? If say Greensborough, Mill Park, South Morang and Watsonia got locked down but not Bundoora, we'd find ourselves with a 1stXI made up of a few blokes from F grade, some 14 year olds and a couple of blokes over 50. Would the DVCA expect a side to carry on in their 1s like that or allow them to forfeit their 1s but keep a lower grade playing, something you can't do at the moment.

I
I can see the whole next season being scrapped now. With these individual lock downs in suburbs, what happens if say, a team finds itself with a home ground in an open suburb, but the majority of their players in locked down suburbs, unable to play? If say Greensborough, Mill Park, South Morang and Watsonia got locked down but not Bundoora, we'd find ourselves with a 1stXI made up of a few blokes from F grade, some 14 year olds and a couple of blokes over 50. Would the DVCA expect a side to carry on in their 1s like that or allow them to forfeit their 1s but keep a lower grade playing, something you can't do at the moment.
I think we don’t need to worry about it for now.
If we still have this sort of “suburban lockdown” going in 3 months time, I think civilisation has a lot bigger things to worry about.
This will be contained with 6-8 weeks.
Let’s be patient.

I think we do need to worry about it. You're not going to eliminate this thing now, it's out there. They can blame "family groups" all they want, but someone outside of that is introducing it into these groups, those carriers remain unknown. Thus this virus will tick along with a few cases each day for quite some time and you can't shut society down much longer without total economic collapse. You're not going to eliminate this, not without a vaccine. If the DVCA doesn't have some contingency plans in place before they need them, they could very well be caught out making rules and policy on the hop. That is not ideal.

I think we do need to worry about it. You're not going to eliminate this thing now, it's out there. They can blame "family groups" all they want, but someone outside of that is introducing it into these groups, those carriers remain unknown. Thus this virus will tick along with a few cases each day for quite some time and you can't shut society down much longer without total economic collapse. You're not going to eliminate this, not without a vaccine. If the DVCA doesn't have some contingency plans in place before they need them, they could very well be caught out making rules and policy on the hop. That is not ideal.
It wont be just down to the DVCA.. it'll be exactly like how it worked out with all the footy comps this season, all pulling the pin together, albeit different times. It's too early to say though, 4-5 months is a long time away.

Do you think that rosebank might of used this to their advantage to get in the comp?

Shame we can’t start using the Duke balls..
Chances are it will be an English summer by the time finals come around in April.
My understanding is that the Duke ball is significantly more expensive than Kookaburra. Something like $20 per ball. In the current climate I dont think clubs would appreciate extra costs for a ball.

Back