DVCA Off-Season 202021

tbh a lot depends on how the game went, if they had a win they will......diamo are a good bunch of blokes tho, macleod are all right too the rest i am not so sure about..
Diamo and Macleod are only good cause they win a bit,they have a few sooks when things don’t go there way. Panton Hill are great win lose or draw

Diamo and Macleod are only good cause they win a bit,they have a few sooks when things don’t go there way. Panton Hill are great win lose or draw
Would be thinking if it is allowed this year, it’s going to be hard to get people out of the club rooms and off the beers.
think everyone will be keen for them

Have clubs been sounding out their members about who's up for an October return and November start, particularly in lower grades, and with what results, numbers-wise?

Just answering my own question south morang have been busy, 10 new guys only one I notice is perko former diamond creek/Heidelberg west/ sunshine all within the past 4 seasons

Anyone else surprised playing additional overs did not get up? Even 40 to 50? I could not believe the majority of clubs did not support a hybrid style format. Not sure it will do anything for development of the game with bowlers restricted and batsmen who take a bit of time to get going shunnted into lower X1's. I wonder how many committees sought input from their players or did they make the decisions on behalf of the players???

Anyone else surprised playing additional overs did not get up? Even 40 to 50? I could not believe the majority of clubs did not support a hybrid style format. Not sure it will do anything for development of the game with bowlers restricted and batsmen who take a bit of time to get going shunnted into lower X1's. I wonder how many committees sought input from their players or did they make the decisions on behalf of the players???
It would have been great to watch some 50 over cricket. But at the same time, 40 over cricket is a pretty good format at well with how early games are probably going to finish.
Those boys that want to bat slow can practice batting a bit quicker.
40 overs is still 240 balls.

Yeah I would have liked to see 45/50 overs in the top flight but I think the deciding factor was all the times play will be stopped for covid reasons (cleaning the ball/hands ect) the day could drag on

Any talk on bowling restrictions eased slightly to 10 overs?
I know nothing with the amount of overs and we're sticking with the 40, but does anyone else agree it should be 10 not 8? Hard to find 5/6 bowlers..

Back