DVCA Off-Season 202021

I think the 14th of November was thrown around as the start date, but it seems we won't be able to use the clubrooms at least initially. I don't really understand that rule to be honest, but will be happy to get back on the park.

The wording from the government and cricket Victoria themselves has been a tad bit confusing. The understanding I have, the teams will be able to train in groups of 2 with a coach present until November 1..
November 1 groups of 10 can train together. 2 groups of 10 on an oval and then another group of 10 in the nets which will be ongoing.
Play is permitted from November 1, but CV have suggested a 2 week training block before any games.

The wording from the government and cricket Victoria themselves has been a tad bit confusing. The understanding I have, the teams will be able to train in groups of 2 with a coach present until November 1..
November 1 groups of 10 can train together. 2 groups of 10 on an oval and then another group of 10 in the nets which will be ongoing.
Play is permitted from November 1, but CV have suggested a 2 week training block before any games.
From the Leader..
All cricket in Melbourne remains in a holding pattern, with Cricket Victoria confirming club training is not yet allowed. Sunday’s State Government announcements about the easing of COVID-19 restrictions left many cricketers confused about when they could train. But on Monday morning Cricket Victoria said players face another two weeks of waiting. “Training can’t commence until after November 1,’’ Cricket Victoria competitions manager Darren Anderson said. “However, there is a possibility it might get brought forward a week if all numbers go well. “It’s fingers crossed sort of thing that we can get back and train — and that’s for juniors and seniors.’’
What's most pleasing is that if Metro follows Regional Vic's pathway we should have 20 people inside and 70 outside, so most clubs can at least operate somewhat normally?
In all honesty you only need 2 weeks of training for Park cricket IMO, bring on the 14th.

From the Leader..
All cricket in Melbourne remains in a holding pattern, with Cricket Victoria confirming club training is not yet allowed. Sunday’s State Government announcements about the easing of COVID-19 restrictions left many cricketers confused about when they could train. But on Monday morning Cricket Victoria said players face another two weeks of waiting. “Training can’t commence until after November 1,’’ Cricket Victoria competitions manager Darren Anderson said. “However, there is a possibility it might get brought forward a week if all numbers go well. “It’s fingers crossed sort of thing that we can get back and train — and that’s for juniors and seniors.’’
What's most pleasing is that if Metro follows Regional Vic's pathway we should have 20 people inside and 70 outside, so most clubs can at least operate somewhat normally?
In all honesty you only need 2 weeks of training for Park cricket IMO, bring on the 14th.
I would think it’s going to be brought forward... only 4 cases again today. Hopefully clubs can apply and get permission to set up kiosks outside the rooms etc and make a few $$ from passers by and picnickers watching some quality local cricket

If you can buy from a cafe or take away from your local restaurant, I don't see why club canteens cannot open. There's little risk in selling a few beers, the same small risk you'd take buying your morning coffee. But like everything with the current bunch of muppets in charge of the state, it doesn't make sense and seem to be made up on the fly...or they can't remember.

If you can buy from a cafe or take away from your local restaurant, I don't see why club canteens cannot open. There's little risk in selling a few beers, the same small risk you'd take buying your morning coffee. But like everything with the current bunch of muppets in charge of the state, it doesn't make sense and seem to be made up on the fly...or they can't remember.
As per - https://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Return-to-Cricket-Infographic-V3-1.pdf - from November 1 Canteens will be open. "Communal change rooms, canteen showers and toilets can open (but cleaning required & subject to density limits and local council approval)."

would think a lot of clubs with the smaller rooms will struggle with capacity limits in their rooms. If you can set up a little kiosk outdoors you can sell some extra cans without me needing to walk to the other side of the oval.
Need to think of the fans

would think a lot of clubs with the smaller rooms will struggle with capacity limits in their rooms. If you can set up a little kiosk outdoors you can sell some extra cans without me needing to walk to the other side of the oval.
Need to think of the fans
I don't know about you but most clubs i've been too the social rooms indoors aren't full of 20 people at the best of times. All things being equal, with a cap of 70 outside, I can't think of too many clubs that aren't going to be able to set up some sort outdoor kiosk/marquee area where people can safely sit and drink/eat.. Some extra outlay perhaps on marquees/eskies/etc. but that's a small price to pay as opposed to having nothing in operation.

Excited to see what innovations clubs can come up with to look after their spectators this season and importantly get some funds into the club.

Don’t let the canteen’s being closed stop you from playing big fella,just drop into 7/11 before the game to grab ya traveller pie,4 pack of crispy cream donuts and choci milk that should see ya through till tea.

How is the comp going for umpires, numbers-wise?

Have heard reports that some comps have lost >50% of last season's rosters, seemingly due to age-related risk, compulsory masks, added responsibilities and extra playing time.

I have to say I'm not that sad to see shining the ball with saliva be banned, always found it the most disgusting aspect of cricket. Although it is funny that it's banned because of corona, but no one ever cared about any other virus that can be spread by saliva, including HSV-1.

Looking forward to your apology about being a negative jerk about the whole covid stuff, dvca have done a great job to get it all together safely.

Eh, so I was wrong, not by much and still a chance that it will all be shut down again. Also, guess which finger I'm holding up to the screen right now...

Eh, so I was wrong, not by much and still a chance that it will all be shut down again. Also, guess which finger I'm holding up to the screen right now...

Why so negative? Be grateful we’re in a position of improvement. There’s already been enough detriment this year.
Just look forward to having a hit on Saturday with your mates, regardless of how foreign it may feel

Back