DVCA Off-Season 2021

Great chirp mate. Keep hiding behind keyboards 🔫

a bunch of oldies staying relevant

Not hiding, saving teammates from exposure. Something I'm sure yours would wish you would do.

Keep telling yourself you're the only brave young guy on here still pulling the whites on you absolute mouth breather.

Okay, not sure what that was. But back to cricket. Still no confirmation of start date or fixtures?

if we were to start Nov 6 that is less than 4 weeks away. Surely our Covid officers would need to get everything set up at clubs.. not ideal for planning.

I’d imagine we’re not likely to hear any news until about a week out - the website doesn’t even get updated anymore so you’re more of a chance to hear it through your club

DVCA now taking the piss. Feels like you hear about little meetings that take place behind closed doors but there is never any transparency to players and clubs. All you do is hear info coming from 2nd or 3rd degree sources and more often than not the information is shared on here before anything else.

Facebook is such a good tool to communicate with stakeholders and it is so easy to put up a status from time to time and give us locked up hermits something to get excited for and update the website for those not on Facebook.

I keep hearing start time in 3 weeks but would be f***d to know if that was true or not. I keep hearing 45 overs instead of 40 but can’t exactly confirm it. There is no doubt now sadly we’ve missed the boat with coloured clothing so that’s out the door as well. Restrictions staying at 8 or going to 9? Junior ground allocations? Fixtures?

If other competitions around Melbourne weren’t as active as promoting and encouraging the start of next season I’d give the comp an excuse with uncertainty of covid and lockdowns, but reality is they are seemingly all on top of the situation and I’m sure the players and clubs in those competitions would be grateful for the information and transparency.

Last edited:
DVCA now taking the piss. Feels like you hear about little meetings that take place behind closed doors but there is never any transparency to players and clubs. All you do is hear info coming from 2nd or 3rd degree sources and more often than not the information is shared on here before anything else.

Facebook is such a good tool to communicate with stakeholders and it is so easy to put up a status from time to time and give us locked up hermits something to get excited for and update the website for those not on Facebook.

I keep hearing start time in 3 weeks but would be ************ to know if that was true or not. I keep hearing 45 overs instead of 40 but can’t exactly confirm it. There is no doubt now sadly we’ve missed the boat with coloured clothing so that’s out the door as well. Restrictions staying at 8 or going to 9? Junior ground allocations? Fixtures?

If other competitions around Melbourne weren’t as active as promoting and encouraging the start of next season I’d give the comp an excuse with uncertainty of covid and lockdowns, but reality is they are seemingly all on top of the situation and I’m sure the players and clubs in those competitions would be grateful for the information and transparency.
Couldn’t have worded it any better, spot on.

I keep hearing start time in 3 weeks but would be f***d to know if that was true or not. I keep hearing 45 overs instead of 40 but can’t exactly confirm it. There is no doubt now sadly we’ve missed the boat with coloured clothing so that’s out the door as well. Restrictions staying at 8 or going to 9? Junior ground allocations? Fixtures?

Well said mate, it’s beyond a joke now!

Clearly its time for a clear out of the DVCA executive committee. If you can't or don't want to run a competition then don't. Leave it to someone who wants to do it with enthusiasm.

FYI I heard coloured clothing is in for next season(through rumours that came from DVCA)

Clearly its time for a clear out of the DVCA executive committee. If you can't or don't want to run a competition then don't. Leave it to someone who wants to do it with enthusiasm.

FYI I heard coloured clothing is in for next season(through rumours that came from DVCA)
Are you going to put your hand up? Easy to criticise from the cheap seats.

End of the day, even NMCA have had to adjust their fixtures again as well. This was unforeseen, the boost in rates and also the dates constantly changing. I guess they could just be waiting to hear from CV, councils and then ultimately where the clubs sit with their plans and all that. They would have to have something out in public this week. It is clear by cup weekend we will hit that 80% number and we will be playing the next weekend

CV should take over and administer every local league in the state, it's really that simple, hire full time administrators, people who understand how it works and what needs to happen. Only have to look at the Southern Bayside league to see how well a competition can run in the right hands. DV admin have been asleep at the wheel for a VERY long time now and everyone is just about fed up

CV should take over and administer every local league in the state, it's really that simple, hire full time administrators, people who understand how it works and what needs to happen. Only have to look at the Southern Bayside league to see how well a competition can run in the right hands. DV admin have been asleep at the wheel for a VERY long time now and everyone is just about fed up
You do understand that there are PAID people on the DVCA Executive. These people are paid by the clubs and get nothing from the DVCA... its a joke. And the amounts that some of them are paid are upwards of $15k. No website communication, no use of social media to keep players - the key stakeholders- informed. They have forgotten what they actually run the competition for and just swill at the trough and keep telling themselves how good a job they are doing.

Back