DVCA Off-Season 2021

You do understand that there are PAID people on the DVCA Executive. These people are paid by the clubs and get nothing from the DVCA... its a joke. And the amounts that some of them are paid are upwards of $15k. No website communication, no use of social media to keep players - the key stakeholders- informed. They have forgotten what they actually run the competition for and just swill at the trough and keep telling themselves how good a job they are doing.

Sorry, I just spat my coffee all over my computer screen.. DVCA exec paid! HAHA. Just when you think you have heard it all

You do understand that there are PAID people on the DVCA Executive. These people are paid by the clubs and get nothing from the DVCA... its a joke. And the amounts that some of them are paid are upwards of $15k. No website communication, no use of social media to keep players - the key stakeholders- informed. They have forgotten what they actually run the competition for and just swill at the trough and keep telling themselves how good a job they are doing.
$15k for 6 months and can’t even pump out a Facebook post, let alone a fixture…
They’re happy to put the feelers out for new umpires, but if it wasn’t for clubs asking the question we wouldn’t even know the season has been postponed.

Well it now looks like we will be starting early from the governments changes today. Good signs all around.
What do you think Blackhawk?

I think we're lucky. I do wonder though what happens when inevitably there is an outbreak within a club. What happens if the majority of one team is exposed and has to isolate for 7 or 14 days, do you have to play 1s with anyone you can scrape up or are you allowed to forfeit the 1s and play a lower grade team without penalty?

I don't hear politicians ruling out further lock downs, time will tell I guess if they have the nerve to restrain themselves from knee jerk decisions when cases rise as we open up, because it will happen. The UK had 30k cases a day when they opened up, our health care system was seemingly under strain from 2k cases a day.

Anyways, onwards and upwards, guess I need to oil the bat and buy new pads.

I think we're lucky. I do wonder though what happens when inevitably there is an outbreak within a club. What happens if the majority of one team is exposed and has to isolate for 7 or 14 days, do you have to play 1s with anyone you can scrape up or are you allowed to forfeit the 1s and play a lower grade team without penalty?

I don't hear politicians ruling out further lock downs, time will tell I guess if they have the nerve to restrain themselves from knee jerk decisions when cases rise as we open up, because it will happen. The UK had 30k cases a day when they opened up, our health care system was seemingly under strain from 2k cases a day.

Anyways, onwards and upwards, guess I need to oil the bat and buy new pads.
Good response from you.
But to be honest, lockdowns have been ruled out and only as a last resort.. with vaccination rates so high, and government funding gone I can’t see that happening. But we don’t have a start date for the season yet, so you might be able to oil your bat a few times over. Surely it is time to over throw the board at the next AGM.
The power brokers at clubs need to voice their concerns and take some action.

Good response from you.
But to be honest, lockdowns have been ruled out and only as a last resort.. with vaccination rates so high, and government funding gone I can’t see that happening. But we don’t have a start date for the season yet, so you might be able to oil your bat a few times over. Surely it is time to over throw the board at the next AGM.
The power brokers at clubs need to voice their concerns and take some action.

Not exactly a long line of people putting their hand up to take over though is there….?

Not exactly a long line of people putting their hand up to take over though is there….?
I feel that this whole off season which has been a shambles to say the least may be the straw that breaks the camels back.
We can’t be 2 or 3 weeks out with no fixture or anything from the board in any form of media to the wider competition. Our club has heard nothing and even more crickets on the junior front.
my kid doesn’t even know when he can start playing this season.

You’d like to think they’re taking the piss with this. If not, I have a genuine case of second hand embarrassment for them.
Community sport and small business' aligning up to support each other in these circumstances. I think they would be pretty happy that you have helped share the word. Get down and see Telf, see if he can sort out your case of embarrassment. I think it has stemmed from your sources of info over the last 2 weeks. 6th of Nov start date, coloured clothing, DVCA going against CV advice.. maybe stick to your lane?

If it helps pay the bills, I cant see why not. GMHBA Oval in Geelong ring a bell.
GMHBA hosts AFL football and BBL matches, not DVCA D grade. Apples and oranges.

Community sport and small business' aligning up to support each other in these circumstances. I think they would be pretty happy that you have helped share the word. Get down and see Telf, see if he can sort out your case of embarrassment. I think it has stemmed from your sources of info over the last 2 weeks. 6th of Nov start date, coloured clothing, DVCA going against CV advice.. maybe stick to your lane?
Lol, deep breath big fella. Clearly I have no issue with community sport and small business’ working collaboratively through these difficult times. I just think naming your home ground after a sponsor is a bit much, that’s all. As for Telf, I’m sure he does a magnificent job and have absolutely nothing against him or his company whatsoever. Apologies for being the first ever bloke on this forum to be slightly off the mark with some of my previous mail. November 13 can’t come quick enough.

Last edited:

As the arbiter of such things please clarify whose lane is what for future posts.

Back