DVCA Off-Season 2022

Bit difficult to supply fixtures when the futures of Old Paradians & Whittlesea hang in the balance.
Also if OPs play they haven’t got a ground, the fixture doesn’t need to be out until mid September I admit the earlier the better but the above makes it very difficult
Ahh yes. When you say it like that, very understandable this year. I don’t know what to believe about OPs LOL.. old mate reckons they’ve signed every player under the sun. The only mail I know is that they’re not playing at Garvey this year.

Taking into account grounds being re done this year, can imagine fixture would be a bit difficult. I retract my sarcastic tone.

Toddy made mention of this 6 years ago and got told to keep his big mouth to himself!

View attachment 1541

The club has been around for a long time, I bet my great uncle Evan was playing against them in the 40's when he was playing for Doreen. Yet now they can't find blokes? Where did all the plays go from last year, or the last 5 years? While no you can't make people play cricket, but you gotta ask why all your players are leaving.

The club has been around for a long time, I bet my great uncle Evan was playing against them in the 40's when he was playing for Doreen. Yet now they can't find blokes? Where did all the plays go from last year, or the last 5 years? While no you can't make people play cricket, but you gotta ask why all your players are leaving.

MyCricket gives some interesting statistics.

Last season Whittlesea had 43 senior players across Mash, E and T20.

Over the last 5 seasons they have had 119 senior players (excluding Vets).

And none of them want to play for Whittlesea anymore!

You seem to be in the know down there mate, can you please put to bed and bulls&$t and set the record straight. What is happening with your old club?
The College offered the club Garvey Oval + change rooms for game days.
No 2nd ground and no social rooms. Manchester City Academy is their priority.
Therefore, the club has entered no junior or senior sides for the upcoming season. Many players have started training with Greensborough CC as of this week I believe, but definitely not a merger.

Its all happening. I am hearing StDamiens is the option for the OPs ground issue. 1sts and 2nds playing Saturday and 3rds and 4ths Sunday. Will be co tenants with Mill Park to use their social rooms. Dunlop Room at St Damiens will act as the change rooms. Training will be at Binnak Park on Wednesdays.

No chance of fielding a 3rds or 4ths in that scenario. The end looks very near.

Its all happening. I am hearing StDamiens is the option for the OPs ground issue. 1sts and 2nds playing Saturday and 3rds and 4ths Sunday. Will be co tenants with Mill Park to use their social rooms. Dunlop Room at St Damiens will act as the change rooms. Training will be at Binnak Park on Wednesdays.
Who is the moderator these days? Lol Can some f**k this lying parasite off?

So with OPs and Whittlesea gone it should be a pretty even competition in Mash Shield. Greensborough adding a few of OPs best players should be pretty competitive now.

Anyone else wanna have a crack at the comp medal?
I’m going with Trent Groom

Did you know old paradians in VTCA days did not have access to the social rooms at garvey. We used the change rooms as our social rooms, there is actually a bar in the home team rooms, to the left, with roller door. This will be explored. In the hot weather, we can mingle outside the rooms with chairs and bar stools.
THIS is the information is signed up to Big Cricket for

Did you know old paradians in VTCA days did not have access to the social rooms at garvey. We used the change rooms as our social rooms, there is actually a bar in the home team rooms, to the left, with roller door. This will be explored. In the hot weather, we can mingle outside the rooms with chairs and bar stools.
What in the world are we dealing with here?

Back