DVCA Off-Season 2022

I'll preface this by saying I do not for a moment suggest fixturing is easy and it would be a tough gig - BUT...............

Can't go into the nitty details of of the fixture as I start work soon, but the most telling are -

Playing clubs twice at their ground both times
Riverside and Heidelberg and Banyule 1 game at home after Xmas, Epping and NEW 1 game away after Xmas.

This must be reviewed and updated surely?

1662072271441.png

Last edited:
I'll preface this by saying I do not for a moment suggest fixturing is easy and it would be a tough gig - BUT...............

Can't go into the nitty details of of the fixture as I start work soon, but the most telling are -

Riverside and Heidelberg and Banyule 1 game at home after Xmas, Epping and NEW 1 game away after Xmas.

View attachment 1552
5 away games in a row for Heidelberg is rough.

Oops - I'll try again

Agree - must be hard - BUT . . . . .

MONEY
Last years remaining 3 finalists play each other once - Bun Utd/Bun Park/Monty
Lalor Stars & Eltham play all three twice

Teams play 2 x 2 dayers against a couple of sides - & 2 x 1 dayers against another

A couple of clubs only have 9 Saturday's at home - 12 away (vice-versa)

8 team grades are the future
7 x 2 & 7 x 1
Only way to have an even draw
Weather being the only variable then

View attachment 1552
Might have jumbled L10 & L15 mate
But see what you mean

Good chance for a couple of clubs to set-up their season - 6 x Home games before Christmas (eg. Riverside & Heidelberg)

Flashback - Parade Flood. Nobody will forget the major flood of 2003. It occurred on the night of the 2003 world cup final in South Africa. Major pipes cracked and caused a flood in the Garvey Oval social rooms. The 2nds celebrating a flag still celebrated ankle deep in water with fire brigade visiting. We didn't care, we keep singing the club song and sinking beers from a big esky. We then buried the hat of the opposition club into the garney oval turf shouting and chanting. One girl was present and we carried here ever the flood to the toilet as a nice gesture.

Please let us know once you’ve published the Old Paradians Almanac, we’re very keen to read it…

[/QUOTE]
Flashback - Parade Flood. Nobody will forget the major flood of 2003. It occurred on the night of the 2003 world cup final in South Africa. Major pipes cracked and caused a flood in the Garvey Oval social rooms. The 2nds celebrating a flag still celebrated ankle deep in water with 🔥 fire brigade visiting. We didn't care, we keep singing the club song and sinking beers from a big esky. We then buried the hat of the opposition club into the Garvey Oval turf shouting and chanting. One girl was present and we carried here over the flood to the toilet as a nice gesture.
Who could forget

Flashback - Parade Flood. Nobody will forget the major flood of 2003. It occurred on the night of the 2003 world cup final in South Africa. Major pipes cracked and caused a flood in the Garvey Oval social rooms. The 2nds celebrating a flag still celebrated ankle deep in water with 🔥 fire brigade visiting. We didn't care, we keep singing the club song and sinking beers from a big esky. We then buried the hat of the opposition club into the Garvey Oval turf shouting and chanting. One girl was present and we carried here over the flood to the toilet as a nice gesture.

I cannot stress enough how much no one gives a ******** mate.

Flashback - did you know that the bar in the Garvey Oval social rooms was not where it is today. The bar used to reside on the left hand corner of the rooms as you enter. It was small and compact with a large fridge behind. In the 2000s the OPCC moved the bar to the centre of the social rooms to the left as you enter. The original bar was filled in with wood panels and then acted as a storage area.

Tell us more about this fridge. How large was it?

View attachment 1552

I don't think there is any coincidence that those 3 teams have 5+ senior sides, which makes it hard on their ground allocation. One or two changes to the 1s fixture will multiply down the grades, drawing in more teams as they juggle grounds. Unfortunately this will be the way with the relegation system not being tied to teams 2s.

Might have jumbled L10 & L15 mate
But see what you mean

Good chance for a couple of clubs to set-up their season - 6 x Home games before Christmas (eg. Riverside & Heidelberg)
Issue is more bigger picture, people will get sick of attending a home game 5 games in a row to watch the 1s and they'll get sick of going to the home ground 5 games in a row to watch the 2s. That's from a club perspective how I see it.

Good on them for taking it down and revising it.

Just a quick one on this again. My club is forwarding the bill onto the dvca for the one day playing pants.
They stated two years ago that shield grades would be played in 1 day kit. I dare say if a few clubs follow suit, they may change their tune pretty quickly and just let clubs play in their full kit.
This has been the biggest s$-tshow of a off season, fixtures butchered, clearances missing and now the playing kit fiasco.

Back