DVCA Off-Season 2023

We just follow what nmca normally do so take it to the bank on coloured clothing

Dark times lie ahead of us if we're following that comp. The last footage I saw of the NMCA it resembled a UFC match, complete and utter abomination of a competition that the DV should be steering well clear of in every way possible, particularly allowing any more clubs in.

If lower grades go to 1 dayers, then they then should all be 40 over innings and no age restriction on bowlers. If a 15yo can bowl 8 straight, let them.

Also get rid of 2 piece balls. Teach em all to use 4 pieces. Better development.

Dark times lie ahead of us if we're following that comp. The last footage I saw of the NMCA it resembled a UFC match, complete and utter abomination of a competition that the DV should be steering well clear of in every way possible, particularly allowing any more clubs in.
I did appreciate the live streaming of their grand finals with audio. It added something better to the game.
Even having a weekly show where the league is spoken about is a terrific incentive.
Not all doom and gloom in the NMCA.
The level of cricket might be below Barclay & some Money shield teams - but well run off the field it seems.

I did appreciate the live streaming of their grand finals with audio. It added something better to the game.
Even having a weekly show where the league is spoken about is a terrific incentive.
Not all doom and gloom in the NMCA.
The level of cricket might be below Barclay & some Money shield teams - but well run off the field it seems.

Happy to swap admin with the NMCA, and even happier to keep their clubs away for as long as possible.

If lower grades go to 1 dayers, then they then should all be 40 over innings and no age restriction on bowlers. If a 15yo can bowl 8 straight, let them.

Also get rid of 2 piece balls. Teach em all to use 4 pieces. Better development.

Don't disgree, although I would add, to speed the games up, let the lower grades bowl 5 from an end before swapping ends. 4 piece in lower grades will never get up as clubs will complain about the cost.

Hearing a younger fella is taking charge of the comp this year, hopefully makes some progressive changes to the comp.
I'd start with

- Making the coloured clothes mandatory for all shield one day games, with white ball.
- F Grade below strictly a one day comp
- Prelim finals for Shield grade. Should be more reward for finishing top 2, if you have a bad session a whole season's good work goes out the door.
- Collaborate with the NMCA to completely change the T20 comp and make it a Thursday night game (Tuesdays are a nonsense and a strain on the clubs). I'd imagine you could actually get some decent crowds at the games and make it a real event.

who is the likely candidate?

If only Epping CC applied as much vigour and effort in their run chase in the granny like their efforts on the socials in the past few days.... they may have at least made over 100 😂

Facebook and social media activity is great I agree with the post in the other thread but I also think that "announcing signings" to existing players is very cringe... It's also pretty much announcing that you're actually parting with money for some mediocre local cricketers.

Last edited:
Back