DVCA Off-Season 2023

More interested to hear Underarm's thoughts to be honest.

The great man seems to have a selective memory when talking about his beloved Bears!
I’ve gone back 10 years of records and I can’t find the game you are talking about. Happy to be proven wrong, but you never seem to provide any evidence.

Seems like you had a big game on the weekend.

I’ve gone back 10 years of records and I can’t find the game you are talking about. Happy to be proven wrong, but you never seem to provide any evidence.

Seems like you had a big game on the weekend.

Round 7 2017/18 season - G1. JA Neilson plays vs Lower Plenty, F Neilson doesn’t. Banyule outright Lower Plenty, comfortably.

Round 8 vs Diamond Creek - G1, F Neilson plays, JA Neilson doesn’t. Other changes may have been made yes, but it still can be said he was dropped to make way for his dad and he was dropped from the side that out-righted the game before.

Josh not seen again in the senior ranks, besides a token 12th man in D grade Grand final. Fraser plays all but one game for the remainder of the year.

There’s your evidence which you were so desperate for. Blinders on when it comes to the Bears, must be the only team in the comp.

Last edited:
Round 7 2017/18 season - G1. JA Neilson plays vs Lower Plenty, F Neilson doesn’t. Banyule outright Lower Plenty, comfortably.

Round 8 vs Diamond Creek - G1, F Neilson plays, JA Neilson doesn’t. Other changes may have been made yes, but it still can be said he was dropped to make way for his dad and he was dropped from the side that out-righted the game before.

Josh not seen again in the senior ranks, besides a token 12th man in D grade Grand final. Fraser plays all but one game for the remainder of the year.

There’s your evidence which you were so desperate for. Blinders on when it comes to the Bears, must be the only team in the comp.
Thanks for the research.

After 18 months I can finally put PP post (6th Feb 2022) to bed as utter crap.

Original post stated that the alleged father took his sons spot in the finals. As I have maintained that this never happened.

To be factual, Round 7 Josh plays his last game in that grade. It was the 1st game after Christmas when there were a lot of players unavailable.. Of the team that played round 7 only 4 played in the Grand Final. Players came back from holidays and players got dropped from higher grades.

One player played every game but didn’t play finals. I took his spot for both games. What a ************** I am. No actually the player had to travel.

In 1979, my Dad was captain and couldn’t play one game. I took his place. I was subsequently dropped. I’ve been seeking help ever since.

Let’s all agree that when it comes to finals, players do get dropped to lower grades if allowed under the DVCA rules. It’s not nice. Happened to me too many times to count, but it happens. Also volunteered to be dropped to make it easier on coach.

Let’s all move on, especially PP. Focus on making runs than having ago at an old grumpy **************.

Last edited:
Thanks for the research.

After 18 months I can finally put PP post (6th Feb 2022) to bed as utter crap.

Original post stated that the alleged father took his sons spot in the finals. As I have maintained that this never happened.

To be factual, Round 7 Josh plays his last game in that grade. It was the 1st game after Christmas when there were a lot of players unavailable.. Of the team that played round 7 only 4 played in the Grand Final. Players came back from holidays and players got dropped from higher grades.

One player played every game but didn’t play finals. I took his spot for both games. What a ************** I am. No actually the player had to travel.

In 1979, my Dad was captain and couldn’t play one game. I took his place. I was subsequently dropped. I’ve been seeking help ever since.

Let’s all agree that when it comes to finals, players do get dropped to lower grades if allowed under the DVCA rules. It’s not nice. Happened to me too many times to count, but it happens. Also volunteered to be dropped to make it easier on coach.

Let’s all move on, especially PP. Focus on making runs than having ago at an old grumpy **************.

I think this language calls for a moderator intervention. Control yourself Underarm28 Underarm28 , after all, you were calling out the other bloke for behaviour just the other day… just saying

I think this language calls for a moderator intervention. Control yourself Underarm28 Underarm28 , after all, you were calling out the other bloke for behaviour just the other day… just saying
Calling myself a grumpy B. You got me.

I called out someone for racist language and someone for using my name. I really don’t care if anyone knows my name.

PS

case closed.

Go outside champ, stop doing all this nerdy research over a pointless topic.
Imagine spending your spare time arguing about the Neilson’s over a web forum on local cricket.
What. A. **************. Loser

Back