DVCA: The best club in the dvca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: The best club in the dvca?

Plenty Power, 4 in a row speaks for itself.
Great junior club, will win the 16s premiership this year.
Good ground, good rooms.
Best club.

diamond creek.
- strong development program
- good administration
- good young cricketers
- seniors teams full of players under the age of 25.
- 17 teams across the club playing finals cricket isnt too bad either.
- players from all ages playing representative cricket, at various levels.
- michael hill
- new ground
- new nets

fmr_13;282567 said:
diamond creek.
- strong development program
- good administration
- good young cricketers
- seniors teams full of players under the age of 25.
- 17 teams across the club playing finals cricket isnt too bad either.
- players from all ages playing representative cricket, at various levels.
- michael hill
- new ground
- new nets

diamo are a fair chance ferg
plenty have no chance

haha nah plenty are alright, but after this year of juniors the club is funked.
they have no up and comers, the club needs to set up a new development program to blood some new talent. they are situated in the growth corridor, and if they dont improve the program, they are not going to be taking advantage of that.

not a bad thread but for anyone who comes on here to talk up their club, everyone will be quick to jump the gun and be negative towards that persons comment so i suggest let those have their own opinions.

i dont play for diamond creek but they are by far the best club, in my opinion, at this stage. as FMR stated(and i know who u are lol) the fact that diamond creek have a stack of junior teams including 6 under 12s and 100 milo kids just shows how dominate they are. they have there lower senior teams playin against higher lower grade teams which shows there depth and they continue to be a force in A grade.

and from what ive heard north eltham have quite a good junior program, can anyone shed light on this?

hahah oh dear, another person who knows me .

north eltham have always had a strong junior program , but seem to be falling away as of late.
who was in charge during the good times ?

fmr_13;282673 said:
haha nah plenty are alright, but after this year of juniors the club is funked.
they have no up and comers, the club needs to set up a new development program to blood some new talent. they are situated in the growth corridor, and if they dont improve the program, they are not going to be taking advantage of that.

what would you know about the junior set up at plenty? If you did some research you would understand that the club has actually got a really good set up in under 12 level with 4 teams one coached by a current District 1st player and another coached by one of the best captain coach's in the diamond valley ever.

we dont have the luxury of having as big a catchment area as diamond creek however i bet you the rate of premierships in junior level in a grade the last few years is just as good as theirs.

PremiersAgain;282936 said:
what would you know about the junior set up at plenty? If you did some research you would understand that the club has actually got a really good set up in under 12 level with 4 teams one coached by a current District 1st player and another coached by one of the best captain coach's in the diamond valley ever.

we dont have the luxury of having as big a catchment area as diamond creek however i bet you the rate of premierships in junior level in a grade the last few years is just as good as theirs.

you are a massive twit. who cares who is coachin your under 12s, district player or "one of the best captain coachs ever" doesnt mean s***. this doesnt demonstrate their ability to give everyone ago and pick out individual weaknesses, and im sure as u state that the 'rate of premierships in junior level' is all you blokes are worried about.

PremiersAgain;282936 said:

mitch mate, besides yourself, ben abbatangelo, dan cocking and apparently dayne smith.
you have no other junior cricketers, with any ability coming through.
for example,
No Cookies

im looking through the trial squads here, and i see 4 players who are not mentioned above, where as other clubs have 5+ players across the board,
panton hill a club which you may deem inferior to your own has 7 players trialling so what does that say about your program.

and just because your coach has played district 1's does not mean that the kids he is coaching are going to be good cricketers. thats ridiculous mate.

diamond creeks area to draw players from is not really that large, we are surrounded by just as many clubs as you, possibly more.

i seem to recall only your age group winning premierships whilst other teams through the club giving walkovers, teams going through without a win.

premierships are currency, and at the junior level i think diamond creek has you beat.

take a look here,
Diamond Creek Cricket Club

and see the 2 premierships to the junior sides. as well as the amount playing finals cricket.

plenty's junior dominance is over mate, unless the recruiters get back out in force like the good old days.

Watch out because in 5 years clubs like Mernda, South Morang and Yarrambat will benefit from the large amount of estates in their growing area

ramma;282960 said:
you are a massive twit. who cares who is coachin your under 12s, district player or "one of the best captain coachs ever" doesnt mean s***. this doesnt demonstrate their ability to give everyone ago and pick out individual weaknesses, and im sure as u state that the 'rate of premierships in junior level' is all you blokes are worried about.

Of course it demostrates an abilty to pin point weakness' in kids if their skills are more superior than most normal blokes. David Love was the best at getting the most out of ever situation and from what if seen Sturg is a fantastic junior coach.

The Night Watchman;283381 said:
Watch out because in 5 years clubs like Mernda, South Morang and Yarrambat will benefit from the large amount of estates in their growing area

I tend to agree mate, just the sheer population growth alone in that area. there would have to be some talent there somewhere!

NEWCC.

- Lots of up and coming Juniors
- Junior Program that is by far best in diamond valley, 14 junior sides, well run milo clinics. Benchmark in the DVCA in my opinion.
- Masterplan for full re-construction of the grounds and rooms which is beginning next year will see the club with the best facilities in the DVCA.
- Two current district first XI players in Waterman and Page, more to come in the next few years.

Thoughts?

share the passion;283548 said:
NEWCC.

- Lots of up and coming Juniors
- Junior Program that is by far best in diamond valley, 14 junior sides, well run milo clinics. Benchmark in the DVCA in my opinion.
- Masterplan for full re-construction of the grounds and rooms which is beginning next year will see the club with the best facilities in the DVCA.
- Two current district first XI players in Waterman and Page, more to come in the next few years.

Thoughts?

Bundoora arnt bad

all day!;283554 said:
Bundoora arnt bad

I love Bundoora...

we've had our share of district players, more notably in the ones at Collingwood.

we've got a good jnr program, brendon joyce and ben waterman coaching our kids during the winter.

we've got great fascilities.

we've got great kids coming through, one of them made his 'A' grade debut on the weekend.

we win flags

we are an inclusive club...everyone is welcome...so come down and join us!

Ferg, PremiersAgain is not Mitch.

From what I have seen, and I do come from the club, Creek are probably that far ahead of everyone else its not funny. Ferg went through pros about the club before and he aint lying. It is a very well run club, great organisation and breeds many good juniors who go on to play higher level, Michael Hill for example. They now have more up and coming juniors in Ferguson himself, Mark Phelan, Dylan Campbell, Trent Williams and in the 14's young Robbie Phelan. Players playing in Creeks A grade that still havn't given District Cricket a crack yet but would be quite capable are Dale Tassone, Mick Hansen, Tom McLean and Jarrod Williams if he ever wished to have another crack. Good club in a good position.

Others worthy of a mention are obviously Plenty. PremiersAgain stated before that 4 under 12's teams with blokes like David Love teaching the caper is only going to benefit in the future success of the club. Also Bundoora is a pretty well run club also.

haha alright then sturg,
whoever it is.

but yeh . you forgot to mention a young cricketer by the name of jacob ireland ? playing u12 cricket this year but playing for the north east u14's.

hilly isnt the only district cricketer to come out of the club, there is yourself and dale campbell. all three of you currently playing 1's at your respective clubs.

just out of interest, who was the junior who made his shield debut for bundoora?

fmr_13;283840 said:
haha alright then sturg,
whoever it is.

but yeh . you forgot to mention a young cricketer by the name of jacob ireland ? playing u12 cricket this year but playing for the north east u14's.

hilly isnt the only district cricketer to come out of the club, there is yourself and dale campbell. all three of you currently playing 1's at your respective clubs.

just out of interest, who was the junior who made his shield debut for bundoora?

Lachlan Dyson, first year out of juniors, 5 not out overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back