Dvca Website

What a disgrace!!!

DVCA prides themselves on being one of the best-
  • No news since 13th September - cant belive that!
  • Still advertisements for Clubs looking for coaches
  • Last years rulebook
  • No minutes avaiable since meeting on 23 May
  • Rego days still advertised
  • What a very ordinary site since Marlwood stopped doing it.
  • Whos responsible and when will they be spoken to?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What a disgrace!!!

DVCA prides themselves on being one of the best-
  • No news since 13th September - cant belive that!
  • Still advertisements for Clubs looking for coaches
  • Last years rulebook
  • No minutes avaiable since meeting on 23 May
  • Rego days still advertised
  • What a very ordinary site since Marlwood stopped doing it.
  • Whos responsible and when will they be spoken to?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Brand new website is due to be launched any day now,it has been very frustrating since Marlwood hung up the boots, but new website, new webmaster not too far away apparently.

Brand new website is due to be launched any day now,it has been very frustrating since Marlwood hung up the boots, but new website, new webmaster not too far away apparently.

I will defend the DVCA on this one, as all clubs were informed that current (last season) websites that were created and funded by Cricket Victoria were to be shut down on 31 July due to cost issues.
All clubs that used these sites were to transfer all content to the MyCricket websites that are set up for each Club. This took my Club at least 20 - 30 hours of playing around with format, updating records and so on.
This deadline was extended by a few weeks as some clubs asked for more time. Was then informed that on 8 August it was about to happen. Still waiting for the turnover to occur. Now we are updating 2 websites.

Where are the G & H grade + ODC fixtures?
Worst Cricket website in the country surely?

If you knew anything about the Dvca you would know that teams had until Sunday to nominate their final teams, which meant a number of clubs were pulling sides out. Therefore there was no way of doing the fixtures before then.

If you knew anything about a calendar, you would know that it is now Wednesday & all clubs have been playing already for more than 2 weeks, so they should know player numbers by now & the fact that we are only 3 days from playing & no one knows who/where/when is a disgrace. I was advised teams were due to be submitted last Thursday, but even if it were Sunday? What has been going on for the last 3 days?

If you knew anything about a calendar, you would know that it is now Wednesday & all clubs have been playing already for more than 2 weeks, so they should know player numbers by now & the fact that we are only 3 days from playing & no one knows who/where/when is a disgrace. I was advised teams were due to be submitted last Thursday, but even if it were Sunday? What has been going on for the last 3 days?

Whats the big deal? I know it would be good to have them out earlier, but fact is clubs didn't advise of the changes till Sunday/Monday. It doesn't matter if you know on Monday or Friday anyway.
Fixtures also don't take 15min to create. Its not as if you're playing interstate or you would change your side depending on who you play.

But if you're worried so much, ill help you out. You will be playing the last 11 blokes picked for the opposition club, and you will either be at home, or you will have to travel 15min to get to the other ground.

Well Einstein, RECCC for example have 3x teams (G Grade, ODCx2) out of 5 that don't have fixtures & Friday does matter as Selection is Thursday nights at most clubs. Try to fill 66% of your club when you don't know when/where or who you are playing on a Friday a day before a game? Whilst I'm at it, I'd guarantee that if played for Whittlesea & are fixtured to play in Heidelberg, it would take you more likely 1 hour & for guys who work Saturday mornings this is of concern & arrangements need to be made in advance!

Well Einstein, RECCC for example have 3x teams (G Grade, ODCx2) out of 5 that don't have fixtures & Friday does matter as Selection is Thursday nights at most clubs. Try to fill 66% of your club when you don't know when/where or who you are playing on a Friday a day before a game? Whilst I'm at it, I'd guarantee that if played for Whittlesea & are fixtured to play in Heidelberg, it would take you more likely 1 hour & for guys who work Saturday mornings this is of concern & arrangements need to be made in advance!

Maybe RECCC should man up and have sides in higher grades rather than wanting it easy in the lower grades?
I have never known a player to say I won't play this week if the game is at X ground. I understand that it might be that way with a Sunday game, but based on what ground? Give it a spell. Worst case, it might be 1 bloke.

Lol, Last time I checked Barclay was higher than Money & would have thought Juniors were in the right grade "G" with their parents & fixturing for parents needed to co-ordinate kids would have been the most important part of their weekends. Take your head out of your ass & wake up to the real world that doesn't revolve around you playing 2nds park cricket Tongs.

Lol, Last time I checked Barclay was higher than Money & would have thought Juniors were in the right grade "G" with their parents & fixturing for parents needed to co-ordinate kids would have been the most important part of their weekends. Take your head out of your ass & wake up to the real world that doesn't revolve around you playing 2nds park cricket Tongs.

Mr Not Out - i understand your frustration but I am not sure if you know that fixtures are done by one volunteer. He cannot create fixtures until all teams are finalised on Sunday night.
Creating fixtures for A - D grades is difficult enough as it is - even given most matches are on the clubs preferred 1-2 grounds.
When you get into 5ths and below then ground availablility becomes a real headache. The councils certianly are not overly helpful and so we need to cut him some slack here. Not ideal situation but only for one week. I am sure everything will be sorted by thursday selection time.
I am also sure he would appreicate any help if you wish to call him and discuss after he finishes his full time day job. Maybe you can meet him at 8pm and work to 2am to get them done quicker!!

3 out of 5 is 60% Einstein.

Mr Not Out - i understand your frustration but I am not sure if you know that fixtures are done by one volunteer. He cannot create fixtures until all teams are finalised on Sunday night.
Creating fixtures for A - D grades is difficult enough as it is - even given most matches are on the clubs preferred 1-2 grounds.
When you get into 5ths and below then ground availablility becomes a real headache. The councils certianly are not overly helpful and so we need to cut him some slack here. Not ideal situation but only for one week. I am sure everything will be sorted by thursday selection time.
I am also sure he would appreicate any help if you wish to call him and discuss after he finishes his full time day job. Maybe you can meet him at 8pm and work to 2am to get them done quicker!!

Well said!

Well said!
good to see the big cricket committee is in force.

wonder if the penny will ever drop with you blokes?

not everyone has the time to attend DVCA or club meetings, doesnt mean they have to remain quiet. This is a public forum. If you want everyone to toe the line, create a forum on the DVCA website!! (goodluck with that)

Why dont you pick and choose the ideas and bring them up yourselves at the DVCA meetings, rather than continually advising everyone of the process. We get it, you dont like people having a say who dont belong to a committee!@!!

back to topic...worst website, embarrassing.

I was trying to find a junior contact and can't find what im looking for, yet it tells me who the coaches were in 2007!

not everyone has the time to attend DVCA or club meetings, doesnt mean they have to remain quiet. This is a public forum. If you want everyone to toe the line, create a forum on the DVCA website!! (goodluck with that)

Why dont you pick and choose the ideas and bring them up yourselves at the DVCA meetings, rather than continually advising everyone of the process. We get it, you dont like people having a say who dont belong to a committee!@!!

I was trying to find a junior contact and can't find what im looking for, yet it tells me who the coaches were in 2007!

I don't think you and others get it. We are not saying that you must personally contact the DVCA, attend meetings, or even be on a committee. We are saying there are ways to find out the goings on. Thats why there are people appointed and volunteering to positions, maybe go and ask your president or secretary at your club on a Thursday if you have concerns about DVCA matters. That way, you and others can make informed opinions rather than shooting first and asking second.

I don't think you and others get it. We are not saying that you must personally contact the DVCA, attend meetings, or even be on a committee. We are saying there are ways to find out the goings on. Thats why there are people appointed and volunteering to positions, maybe go and ask your president or secretary at your club on a Thursday if you have concerns about DVCA matters. That way, you and others can make informed opinions rather than shooting first and asking second.

refer my previous post, penny will drop one day.

you should try your strategy on big footy, tell the million AFL fans to contact their relevant board members

I know the process & that's what I having a go at. Relying on one person to get around to doing fixtures when he feels like it, doesn't really sound like a good process to me? Having little to no updates on a website or any relevant information for there members to view is a disgrace.
I doubt there would be many other associations in the world that has as many members as the DVCA that would run this type process? It's about time the DVCA moved with the rest of society & became more professional rather than running the competition the same way it did in 1960?

Pull up mate!

The fact you're having a crack at me for sticking up for one bloke who does, in my opinion, a pretty good job says a lot about your character.

I've got no problem with people having opinions, everyone has and is entitled to them. My problem is when ill informed numb skulls like yourself get on here, beat your chest and demand that a G and H Grade fixture be up on MyCricket YESTERDAY! If you can't get organised to play on a Saturday or Sunday with no more than 24 hours notice, as inconvenient as it may be, you have bigger issues going on in your life and your weekends might best be spent doing other things.

Some blokes get rung up on the morning of a game without any prior notice and can get to a ground before 12pm!

It's quite obvious you have no idea of the goings on when it comes to working the fixture out.

Cut Bowdo some slack, he does a good job for the resources he has at his disposal.

At the end of the day, he's one of very few volunteers that have put their hands up to run a LOCAL comp, if we were talking about the CA or AFL fixtures, then maybe you'd have a point, but come on....!

Back