Dvca Website

Reading between the lines the only people sticking up for the bloke that does the fixtures is a mate and a bloke from his own club..... Say no more.

In regards to the website and lack of anything, it's a bloody disgrace. My club last year decided to bite the bullet and pay a professional to develop us a simple yet informative website for a a few dollars. Best money we ever spent. Now allows us to put up links via mycricket for selections, results and fixtures very easily. And of course allows us to reach all our members much easier via twitter and Facebook, which are nearly as used as a mobile phone these days.

DVCA get your arse into gear and get with the times, because this type of shit is what people want to see in this day of age. You want to keep people interested in cricket then keep them up to date on what's going on. And guess what, it's not even hard to do if your willing to split with a couple of bucks

Reading between the lines the only people sticking up for the bloke that does the fixtures is a mate and a bloke from his own club..... Say no more.

In regards to the website and lack of anything, it's a bloody disgrace. My club last year decided to bite the bullet and pay a professional to develop us a simple yet informative website for a a few dollars. Best money we ever spent. Now allows us to put up links via mycricket for selections, results and fixtures very easily. And of course allows us to reach all our members much easier via twitter and Facebook, which are nearly as used as a mobile phone these days.

DVCA get your arse into gear and get with the times, because this type of shit is what people want to see in this day of age. You want to keep people interested in cricket then keep them up to date on what's going on. And guess what, it's not even hard to do if your willing to split with a couple of bucks

PP - can you please pass on the details for this company, as I am sure other clubs would like to look in to the options.

Pull up mate!

The fact you're having a crack at me for sticking up for one bloke who does, in my opinion, a pretty good job says a lot about your character.

I've got no problem with people having opinions, everyone has and is entitled to them. My problem is when ill informed numb skulls like yourself get on here, beat your chest and demand that a G and H Grade fixture be up on MyCricket YESTERDAY! If you can't get organised to play on a Saturday or Sunday with no more than 24 hours notice, as inconvenient as it may be, you have bigger issues going on in your life and your weekends might best be spent doing other things.

Some blokes get rung up on the morning of a game without any prior notice and can get to a ground before 12pm!

It's quite obvious you have no idea of the goings on when it comes to working the fixture out.

Cut Bowdo some slack, he does a good job for the resources he has at his disposal.

At the end of the day, he's one of very few volunteers that have put their hands up to run a LOCAL comp, if we were talking about the CA or AFL fixtures, then maybe you'd have a point, but come on....!

Would also like to applaud Neal Bowden for a great job. I did the junior fixturing a few years ago and came in for a lot of flack from Clubs and supporters. Sides being in and then out a few horus later makes it very hard - working in with Councils to ensure grounds are available and safe to play on, trying to give Clubs 50% gams at home and the same away can be mighty hard to do. As Captain Cuzz said, Neal is a volunteer and works very long hours on this - sure after a few years of doing this he would be happy to pass the baton to someone else.

Would also like to applaud Neal Bowden for a great job. I did the junior fixturing a few years ago and came in for a lot of flack from Clubs and supporters. Sides being in and then out a few horus later makes it very hard - working in with Councils to ensure grounds are available and safe to play on, trying to give Clubs 50% gams at home and the same away can be mighty hard to do. As Captain Cuzz said, Neal is a volunteer and works very long hours on this - sure after a few years of doing this he would be happy to pass the baton to someone else.
Have to agree with you Tony I too did fixtures many years ago for both seniors and juniors. That's why I've got very little hair left and what is still there is grey. Would like to say that it's a thankless job but they who understand what's involved do appreciate the issues placed before the fixturer.

How sure is "pretty sure"?
Not very..... No its not on there but if anyone wants the blokes details pm and I'm more than happy to give it to you.

If we are going to have a sook about fixtureing I need to have a whine about something..... Why would the league play any grade on the Sunday on cup weekend? Next match B grade have the lucky prize this year. FFS stop fixtureing anyone on this long weekend!!! Surely nobody will agree with this moronic decision?

OK, so where is it? This is the age of information and the DVCA has no website?

Utensil maybe you could do it? You have a say about everything else, you can even put photos up of your idol:)

If we are going to have a sook about fixtureing I need to have a whine about something..... Why would the league play any grade on the Sunday on cup weekend? Next match B grade have the lucky prize this year. FFS stop fixtureing anyone on this long weekend!!! Surely nobody will agree with this moronic decision?

I like it actually. If I can retain my spot it means I'm free Saturday to do what I need to. Plus I have no interst in horse racing lol.

New DVCA website is up and running, I am sure that their will be a few negative comments, but I can tell you that it is not easy.
Check it out for yourselves.

http://www.dvca.org.au/

Not too bad straight up, no major issues and will only get better. At least it's a lot cleaner than the last one. Would be good to have a section where clubs can submit photos to allow the Dvca to put them up..

Not too bad straight up, no major issues and will only get better. At least it's a lot cleaner than the last one. Would be good to have a section where clubs can submit photos to allow the Dvca to put them up..

Agree, it's much cleaner and more easily navigable than both the old one and the one-size-fits-all Weet-Bix MyCricket ones widely used by other comps.
And, if asked nicely, I've no doubt they'll find a spot for everyone's family snaps.

Back