Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite confident, ashy beat bulleen comfortably earlier in the year, counts for nothing?

Bulleen have been scratchy all season, but you consider the fact that Davidson has been consistent with the ball all year, Tsonis will generally chime in and keep things tight from one end. The justification for a Bulleen victory is further validated when you look at a star batting line up, porter coming off the back of a century, Judd scored his first half century of the season. It's also impossible for them to lose the mental game as they have an Olympian in their team! Nothing else really compares to the quality of Bulleen's list.

Bulleen have been scratchy all season, but you consider the fact that Davidson has been consistent with the ball all year, Tsonis will generally chime in and keep things tight from one end. The justification for a Bulleen victory is further validated when you look at a star batting line up, porter coming off the back of a century, Judd scored his first half century of the season. It's also impossible for them to lose the mental game as they have an Olympian in their team! Nothing else really compares to the quality of Bulleen's list.

if i could use a classic quote

team of champions vs a champion team?

After reading some great work on this thread, thought i couldnt not chime in.

From what i have seen this season the top four were very even and this will be reflected in the result of the Grand Final, i predict a Tie.

quite confident, ashy beat bulleen comfortably earlier in the year, counts for nothing?

8/143 chasing 141 in 38.5 overs is hardly comfortably. Also to note that Ashy won the toss and sent Bulleen in so I assume there was something in the wicket...2 day final is a different game.
Interesting to note that Smug might be onto something about CT Acutt's running, being run out that game too.

8/143 chasing 141 in 38.5 overs is hardly comfortably. Also to note that Ashy won the toss and sent Bulleen in so I assume there was something in the wicket...2 day final is a different game.
Interesting to note that Smug might be onto something about CT Acutt's running, being run out that game too.

it is a different game, and a very different team from their semi final team also but should be a great game

Ok my GF summary.
Bulleen turned it on during the SF vs a dissapointing GI, however good effort in 1st yr. Ashy opening bowlers also had a day out vs Mt Albert who would have to be shattered!!
Bulleen - Davidson obviously the key on bowling front, can he take early wkts again this week? Will they consider bringing Rice back in from the other end?
Porter & Judd seem to be hitting form at right of time of year. Is Tuckett also under pressure to keep spot??

Ashburton will be hoping Miles fires again, if he fails Ashburton may struggle on bowling front. Interesting to see Tim Murphy brough back into the side after taking 3/55 off 7 overs in D Grade??? Can Cox perform on the big day after ordinary recent form.

Overall match will be close, Bulleen to win. Man of match - Porter

With all this GF talk it is all boring. I would rather watch a district 4's quarter final than a dunstan final. Also to all you acutt haters how many dunstan tons have you made this year? I believe acutt has got all you wankers covered. Cheers for now

Woulndn't say Judd was in form....Grubich had him out LBW for a duck,lucky for Judd Eddy Secker was umpiring....

If the game was umpired properly it would have been alot closer. Surely Seckers time is up.

Congrats to Bulleen and hope the GF is played in good spirits and the best team wins. For what its worth Porter
is a gun and a big key to the result. If Richo gets going for Ashy he could take the Norm Smith home.

Punter stop getting rapt on the pads and play straight,good luck in the GF mate.

To all you tools,nob jockeys,Sp@stics,low grade cricketers with big mouths it has been a pleasure taking the
p!ss and sledging you this season,and as i said at the start of the season(page 38)my first ever post,
Glen Iris will be a powerhouse and we r coming hard and fast.(1sts-Fin 2nd,2nds-1st,3rds-3rd,4ths-1st,5ths-1st,6ths-1st)
and my U16s going for back to back flags this year.If your not happy at your struggling club come join us for the ride
of yr life at our superb new clubrooms and powerhouse cricket club....

Don't whinge about umpiring when you got rolled for 140 and one bloke got 88 of them and they knocked them 2 down. Bulleen are a far better team. I do agree secker is rubbish but as you say to punter don't get hit on the pads, play straight. I will congulate you guys for finishing second, but I would like to see 2 things. How you would go with a full season with no washouts and seeing you not stealing a young kids spot in the side next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back