Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright
Keogh
parsons
porter
thompson
(?)
(?)
(?)
Hargraeves
Davidson
Miles
Could somebody please fill out the remaining three places, haven't played enough cricket this year to make a judgement.

This seemed to be the consensus of the Team of the Year at the end of December: Who will be the changes?

Aldons
Wright
Ellis
Parsons
Skermer
Hargraves
Tongue
Armstrong
M Thompson
Tsonis
Miles

My team would do something like this (and I haven't given it much thought, just off Mycricket)
Aldons
Ellis
Parsons
P. Thompson
Hargreaves
Abel
Tongue
Armstrong
Tsonis
Davidson
Liddle/Miles???

Few hard one's to pick. Ellis had one big innings and that was about it, Leigh hasn't played a lot of games, but has been class. Tonguey has been hiding at 6 and not taking wickets. The only easy picks seem to be Hargreaves and Thompson, who have both had very good years for old guys. Thoughts?

Any further thoughts now Southern? You played MA, how did they bowl? I think Miles's performance against MA was clearly better than Liddle's (he bowled awfully IMO), so he probably gets in.

no need to worry about building. ive met him. he's a bloody cockroach. get a life d*ckhead! threatening people via the internet.... big man!
Chooka, you do have to congratulate him on winning an under 16 grand final last year as coach? shame that most of the kids he coaches this year will be the ones playing that district 4's Quarter final on the weekend...

Chooka, you do have to congratulate him on winning an under 16 grand final last year as coach? shame that most of the kids he coaches this year will be the ones playing that district 4's Quarter final on the weekend...
Don't preach something you almost promote Building, juniors cricket has been a piss take since before you were born.
agreed mate. absolute oxygen thief!

Pumpkin: Few hard one's to pick. Ellis had one big innings and that was about it, Leigh hasn't played a lot of games, but has been class. Tonguey has been hiding at 6 and not taking wickets. The only easy picks seem to be Hargreaves and Thompson, who have both had very good years for old guys. Thoughts?

If you were picking the best team, you can't pick blokes who haven't peformed this year ala Tounge or Ellis. Take out ellis 157 and he hasn't made a run. I think someone like keogh should get a gig because he averaged 30 with the stick and was the leading spinner in the comp and was by far the best player in the 20/20 comp. Just because people have been dominant players in the past it doesn't necessarly mean that they deserve to be in this season's team.

Pumpkin: Few hard one's to pick. Ellis had one big innings and that was about it, Leigh hasn't played a lot of games, but has been class. Tonguey has been hiding at 6 and not taking wickets. The only easy picks seem to be Hargreaves and Thompson, who have both had very good years for old guys. Thoughts?

If you were picking the best team, you can't pick blokes who haven't peformed this year ala Tounge or Ellis. Take out ellis 157 and he hasn't made a run. I think someone like keogh should get a gig because he averaged 30 with the stick and was the leading spinner in the comp and was by far the best player in the 20/20 comp. Just because people have been dominant players in the past it doesn't necessarly mean that they deserve to be in this season's team.
well said fuzz

Bit like the All-Australian Team hey Fuzzy! If a player has a great or good year, and may not have ever been in the side before, then why would you go for a previous entrant who may have had an equal or lesser season? They don't play a real match, so it is not as if the "new" entrant would be nervous...

Wright
Keogh
parsons
porter
thompson
(?)
(?)
(?)
Hargraeves
Davidson
Miles
Could somebody please fill out the remaining three places, haven't played enough cricket this year to make a judgement.

Well looks as if things have heated up in here!!! Personal attacks are a bit much lads.

As for team of year, i wouldnt have Porter in the side. He had less than 120 runs before last round of year and the semi final.

My team

Aldons
Armstrong (wk)
Thompson
Wright
Parsons
Hargreaves
Tongue
Abel
Davidson (c)
Miles
Mackintosh

I agree with all of that.

Well looks as if things have heated up in here!!! Personal attacks are a bit much lads.

As for team of year, i wouldnt have Porter in the side. He had less than 120 runs before last round of year and the semi final.

My team

Aldons
Armstrong (wk)
Thompson
Wright
Parsons
Hargreaves
Tongue
Abel
Davidson (c)
Miles
Mackintosh

Pretty spot on there roy, I would take tounge out and keogh in. Based only on wickets

My team

Aldons
Armstrong (wk)
Thompson
Wright
Parsons
Hargreaves
Tongue
Abel
Davidson (c)
Miles
Mackintosh

If that's batting order, picking Wright at 4 is like picking Dane Swan at Half Back.

Tounge has made 400 runs for the season though. I didn' know that but only 9 wickets. You could almost put him in as a bat
i'm not the most adapt person at using my cricket, 400 runs is fairly good for tonguey, but from my experiences against him he's played the part as a BOWLING all rounder, so 10 wickets or so for a season isn't really enough when you've got keogh with 20 + and the ability to dismantle a bowling attack as seen in several t20 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back