Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Terry_Tibbs;407293 said:
I'm not a fan of restricted overs in 80 over games.

I think it was an excellent change from 10 overs a bowler down to 8 for 40 over games last year and long overdue.

Fielding restrictions will also greatly aid the one day Cricket.

The only way you can get more spin bowling is having captains who know how to and are not afraid to use their slow men.

yeah true, but i also think on the smaller grounds they struggle and often dont get used until near tea so only have 40 overs of possible spin time

Richo_Man;407295 said:
yeah true, but i also think on the smaller grounds they struggle and often dont get used until near tea so only have 40 overs of possible spin time

At Burwood last year we used Kapil Sirisena's off breaks alot. It worked pretty well. Offers a very nice change to the endless seamers.

You are spot on about the small grounds however, Grounds like Burwood Reserve, Deepdene Park and Burke Road South really don't offer much to play with in terms of size.

It has long been my belief that if you had a quality spinner in your side in the ECA you would be onto a winner.

The guy from Glen Iris bowled his off breaks rather nicely last year, and Morrey from Ashwood looked to have alot of potential. The Boronia left arm spinner also bowled alright. So maybe it is not all doom and gloom!

Terry_Tibbs;407297 said:
At Burwood last year we used Kapil Sirisena's off breaks alot. It worked pretty well. Offers a very nice change to the endless seamers.

You are spot on about the small grounds however, Grounds like Burwood Reserve, Deepdene Park and Burke Road South really don't offer much to play with in terms of size.

It has long been my belief that if you had a quality spinner in your side in the ECA you would be onto a winner.

The guy from Glen Iris bowled his off breaks rather nicely last year, and Morrey from Ashwood looked to have alot of potential. The Boronia left arm spinner also bowled alright. So maybe it is not all doom and gloom!

fair enough Terry, well lets hope the spinners get a good bowl when we play you, maybe i'll even get to roll the arm over ;)

Richo_Man;407301 said:
fair enough Terry, well lets hope the spinners get a good bowl when we play you, maybe i'll even get to roll the arm over ;)

What do you bowl? Mystery spin!?

Terry_Tibbs;407302 said:
What do you bowl? Mystery spin!?

I occasionally get that over before tea! Slow straight ones!

Anyway Terry, glad we are becoming friends, thankyou for welcoming me to the forum.

Your not so bad afterall....

Richo_Man;407306 said:

Anyway Terry, glad we are becoming friends, thankyou for welcoming me to the forum.

Richo, anyone who can be bothered to post on an ECA forum as much as us must actually care quite alot about ECA Cricket! Therefore I'm always happy to discuss the game!

I think this is a great place to discuss the competition. Important that none of us get carried away and let ourselves down by saying too many stupid things!

Terry_Tibbs;407297 said:

TT is from Burwood! Never would have picked that up... Seemed to confident to be amongst that crowd!

Mulgrave Sisters;407325 said:
TT is from Burwood! Never would have picked that up... Seemed to confident to be amongst that crowd!

It had been mentioned before Ugly!

Terry_Tibbs;407328 said:
It had been mentioned before Ugly!
My apologies TT... can't keep up with everything going on through this forum!

Many practice matches lined up fellas?

Richo_Man;407306 said:

Richo we should have a Beer after the game.

News out of Ashwood that they have done some serious recruiting, but unfortunately for them, they haven't signed any bowlers!

ashwood may struggle again this year, just making up the numbers, have heard their captain coach is a massive SNAG

chaz051;407403 said:
ashwood may struggle again this year, just making up the numbers, have heard their captain coach is a massive SNAG

I heard that aswell. loves the dance floor at the swan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back