Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Richo_Man;406755 said:
yeah we had a high scoring game with you boys. your batting was much better than your bowling. have you recruited any bowlers or just relying on the keeper to roll the arm over!

There may be a possible few guest appearances from a Burwood legend, but have have Andrew Male returning to strengthen the batting further. Bowl for run outs is the plan!

I just hope Heathmont arn't the North Balwyn of A Turf....trying to build a Premiership around the under 16's?

Terry_Tibbs;406756 said:
There may be a possible few guest appearances from a Burwood legend, but have have Andrew Male returning to strengthen the batting further. Bowl for run outs is the plan!

I just hope Heathmont arn't the North Balwyn of A Turf....trying to build a Premiership around the under 16's?

Terry, lets be serious here mate. If any other ECA club has retained bigger junior names then north balwyn you'd surprise me. Richo, you might have mis read my earlier statement "duped" not "dumped". That Sachin guy is a team mate of mine, he ****ed me up.

indignant_toad;406757 said:
Terry, lets be serious here mate. If any other ECA club has retained bigger junior names then north balwyn you'd surprise me. Richo, you might have mis read my earlier statement "duped" not "dumped". That Sachin guy is a team mate of mine, he ****ed me up.

Toady, I think the big question is will the "big" names return when they don't make it at Premier Level?

Terry_Tibbs;406758 said:
Toady, I think the big question is will the "big" names return when they don't make it at Premier Level?

Obviously, names like the o'connels, holt, brandon-jones, hutton, hickey, kiely, elsmore, howsam would all be excellent additions to the club. However, Gairns, O'neil, Howell, T Fahey, J Fahey and the Smith/Cohen brothers do the club justice for now.
If those "big names" come back, they'll be competing with hopefully "bigger" names on the ECA scene.
Apparently the under 19 league is back up and running, with clubs supposedly being able to play 2 over age players. I'd feel sorry for opposition teams with the rotation of some of those names mentioned above.
Terry, if you have anything to add?

indignant_toad;406759 said:
Obviously, names like the o'connels, holt, brandon-jones, hutton, hickey, kiely, elsmore, howsam would all be excellent additions to the club. However, Gairns, O'neil, Howell, T Fahey, J Fahey and the Smith/Cohen brothers do the club justice for now.
If those "big names" come back, they'll be competing with hopefully "bigger" names on the ECA scene.
Apparently the under 19 league is back up and running, with clubs supposedly being able to play 2 over age players. I'd feel sorry for opposition teams with the rotation of some of those names mentioned above.
Terry, if you have anything to add?

I think it is fantastic that through a number of factors all those guys put down North Balwyn as their "junior club".

Personally I think it was a shame that a number of those lads went to play District 3's and 4's very early rather than going on the back of some strong performances for NB.

How comes you guys had such a shocker against Boronia in the 19's final last year?

under 19s grand final was lost because of our captain elliot forbes he single handedly brought our team down

Terry_Tibbs;406762 said:
I think it is fantastic that through a number of factors all those guys put down North Balwyn as their "junior club".

Personally I think it was a shame that a number of those lads went to play District 3's and 4's very early rather than going on the back of some strong performances for NB.

How comes you guys had such a shocker against Boronia in the 19's final last year?

The competition was taken as a joke last year.
Howell tore a hamstring the week prior so couldn't play, Fahey had no sleep and was in a drunken stupour, 2 other key players couldn't play (wong and beetham).
The approach given last year was "experience for juniors looking to play turf cricket". Hopefully it impacted some of the players. This year, North Balwyn will go out to try to continue its domination of ECA junior cricket.
In fairness to Boronia they were far more committed, didn't play great cricket though.

indignant_toad;406764 said:
The competition was taken as a joke last year.
Howell tore a hamstring the week prior so couldn't play, Fahey had no sleep and was in a drunken stupour, 2 other key players couldn't play (wong and beetham).
The approach given last year was "experience for juniors looking to play turf cricket". Hopefully it impacted some of the players. This year, North Balwyn will go out to try to continue its domination of ECA junior cricket.
In fairness to Boronia they were far more committed, didn't play great cricket though.

As an impartial observer to the U/19 gf i agree with your comments toad Boronia looked very switched on and NB almost looked uninterested

Night Hawke;406765 said:
As an impartial observer to the U/19 gf i agree with your comments toad Boronia looked very switched on and NB almost looked uninterested

Wasn't it painful to see howell sitting on the sidelines on a pace bowlers paradise?

Terry_Tibbs;406756 said:

Well I do admire teams going for youth and we are like them. Clubs that use district players as a retirement league I really don't like.

Thats a fair point toady about the number of players that go to district. We too have lost a few but I believe there are still a number of good ones still here.

Most don't go to private schools so they can play on Saturdays all season unlike you well off lads in the inner east!!!

All this talk about Andrew Male, TT. Do you honestly think he will make all the difference to Burwood??

I'm willing to put serious coin on with you TT that we will finish higher than you!!

Really, guys, who cares about Nth Balwyn. They avoided the bullets last year, but A grade is just a matter of time.

Richo_Man;406771 said:
Well I do admire teams going for youth and we are like them. Clubs that use district players as a retirement league I really don't like.

Thats a fair point toady about the number of players that go to district. We too have lost a few but I believe there are still a number of good ones still here.

Most don't go to private schools so they can play on Saturdays all season unlike you well off lads in the inner east!!!

All this talk about Andrew Male, TT. Do you honestly think he will make all the difference to Burwood??

I'm willing to put serious coin on with you TT that we will finish higher than you!!

If anybody else was at the ECA presentation night for the 08/09 season, Dean Jones spoke about how he was the last ECA player to go on to play for Australia. Naturally he headed straight to district cricket, but they were different times. The ECA needs to find a way to entice younger players into sticking around with the local clubs.
Richo, Burwood are the force to be reakoned with this year in A turf. How do Marcellin travel down there with the donellan brothers?

indignant_toad;406773 said:
So i'm guessing you play in the lower grades?

wow...arrogance toady...im guessing you are howell...glad we aren't in Dunstan! If you bowl the smoke you talk we are in a lot of trouble!!!

indignant_toad;406775 said:
If anybody else was at the ECA presentation night for the 08/09 season, Dean Jones spoke about how he was the last ECA player to go on to play for Australia. Naturally he headed straight to district cricket, but they were different times. The ECA needs to find a way to entice younger players into sticking around with the local clubs.
Richo, Burwood are the force to be reakoned with this year in A turf. How do Marcellin travel down there with the donellan brothers?

mate i missed the marcellin game. not sure about the donellans. but i know John Dineen is a very dangerous all rounder

Richo_Man;406776 said:
wow...arrogance toady...im guessing you are howell...glad we aren't in Dunstan! If you bowl the smoke you talk we are in a lot of trouble!!!

Isn't it just logical?
haha, apart from baker (who will take apart A turf this season) who are the guns from A Turf. Any names from heathmont worth mycricketing?

Argus Tuft;406774 said:
Really, guys, who cares about Nth Balwyn. They avoided the bullets last year, but A grade is just a matter of time.

why such hate? they are a decent bunch of blokes and they were strong in A turf when we played them. I think they have a decent amount of young kids coming through...

where are you from?

Richo_Man;406771 said:

Maley scored score 350 runs @ 50 when Burwood got relegated from Dunstan in 08/09.
It may take him some time to get going after a year out, but I'm confident he'll do the business.

Heathmont may finish above Burwood. Hopefully your captain has learnt how to set a field by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back