Eca 2011/2012

Deepdene v Glen Iris
Boronia v Marcellin
Ashburton v Richmond City
St Kevins v Bulleen
East Doncaster v Mont Albert
Hawthorn v Mulgrave

Quiet because you all had a poor game of cricket on Saturday?
Good call Council Mayor. Have not heard much from the Burwood camp after the week-end, esp bout there new recruit failing yet again. Oops, we r not supposed to mention him are we. Good win by the U/21's on Sunday. Big series ahead for the boys I'm hoping.

The rain and hunidity around will make for a fun week end. The wickets may be harder to play on this week end. And will the rain save anyone?

Let us see how good the GI bats are under presuure chasing 249. Will be interesting but Bears 60/40 favorites. A GI win would spark their season up and bring them back into contention. A loss could see them fighting against relegation.
Boronia will not be able to chase down 276. They will be hoping for rain.
STK v Bulleen Bullen will get 46 runs required for the win even though only 6 wickets in hand. With rain and a dodgy deck will either team go for outright?
East D runs on board will put wind up Mt Albert. MA will not get the runs and may well be in trouble at end of the season.
Mulgrave chasing 266 will be interesting. Runs on the board. Hawthorn 60 / 40 favourites. If mulgrave get the runs they will be confident and hard to beat for remainder of season.
Can't remember the Ashy v RC status.

Canterbury in A turf in touble!

Was that one of the olympic rings for the Fuzzbungle? Only 4 more to go. Should be right at home in London next year.

I have a feeling we will get SOME play, but will probably lose enough time for matches to revert to "general conditions"... Meaning some sides chasing big scores will be able to salvage 3 points if they can bat out however many overs they manage to get in on the day. With some teams spliting the points it could prove vital if any sides can get 6 big ones on the board!

deepdene will bowl GI out regardless of weather
marcellin have enough on the board to win
bulleen will win
mont albert will get the runs
hawthorn will win
ashy vs rc???? did anyone get any results on this?

are you an u21 4X?

deepdene will bowl GI out regardless of weather
marcellin have enough on the board to win
bulleen will win
mont albert will get the runs
hawthorn will win
ashy vs rc???? did anyone get any results on this?

are you an u21 4X?
Deepdene absolute certainties
Bulleen easily
MA will get them easily
Hawthorn should win - massive ??? on Mulg
Ashy easily
Marcellin should be able to defend 280

what did RC/Ashy get?
RC batted and got 191 at Ashy. Not usually enough but may be interesting if rain intervenes. Ashy favourites.
I think Deepdene will have too many for GI
Not so sure about Bulleen. Depends on who is out. They rely heavily on a few experienced players. They have a long tail. St Kevs for me
Marcellin have too many for Boronia.
ED / MA game is a 50-50 - maybe ED
I am backing Hawthorn or a draw - 266 runs on the board is a lot if weather dodgy

Deepdene absolute certainties
Bulleen easily
MA will get them easily
Hawthorn should win - massive ??? on Mulg
Ashy easily
Marcellin should be able to defend 280

Do not think Deepdeene absolute certaintities, but with runs on board I think should be able to hold off or bowl out GI. Will be interesting. Deepdene, highest wicket takers this season to date. GI highest run scorers this season to date. Defining game for GI's season, as team is built on batting. If they loose this one they will be sitting on the bottom of the ladder with Mont Albert

RC batted and got 191 at Ashy. Not usually enough but may be interesting if rain intervenes. Ashy favourites.
I think Deepdene will have too many for GI
Not so sure about Bulleen. Depends on who is out. They rely heavily on a few experienced players. They have a long tail. St Kevs for me
Marcellin have too many for Boronia.
ED / MA game is a 50-50 - maybe ED
I am backing Hawthorn or a draw - 266 runs on the board is a lot if weather dodgy
not enough on that road.

will deepdene firm themselves as premiership favs after a win this week?

Do not think Deepdeene absolute certaintities, but with runs on board I think should be able to hold off or bowl out GI. Will be interesting. Deepdene, highest wicket takers this season to date. GI highest run scorers this season to date. Defining game for GI's season, as team is built on batting. If they loose this one they will be sitting on the bottom of the ladder with Mont Albert
Deepdene have the best bowling lineup in the comp by a mile. GI absolutely no chance. Armstrong will be found out. The rest aren't good enough.

Good call Council Mayor. Have not heard much from the Burwood camp after the week-end, esp bout there new recruit failing yet again. Oops, we r not supposed to mention him are we. Good win by the U/21's on Sunday. Big series ahead for the boys I'm hoping.
You must be an A Turf cricketer? Nobody talks about other grades!

Anybody have info about the proposed merger with the Southern District league from next season? Hoping there will be no changes the turf side of things.

Back