Eca 2011/2012

Perhaps you should assume GI will only get a draw against RC this week. There is rain about on Friday and we know how good their covers are and their reluctance to actually wanting to play cricket. Last week they had nothing to loose except pride and everthing to win (respect) but chose not to play. I am told the umpires would of allowed play had both captains agreed. Maybe they can stave off relegation to B grade with Canterbury next season.

I'm gonna go ahead and take a stab in the dark here and guess that you're a glen iris lad prospector...

Perhaps you should assume GI will only get a draw against RC this week. There is rain about on Friday and we know how good their covers are and their reluctance to actually wanting to play cricket. Last week they had nothing to loose except pride and everthing to win (respect) but chose not to play. I am told the umpires would of allowed play had both captains agreed. Maybe they can stave off relegation to B grade with Canterbury next season.
Want some cheese with your whine Prospector?
You may assume you know what Riochmond City have to lose (note spelling) or gain but you really don't do you? I haven't spoken to the captain or coach but I think they may have thought RC have a better chance to win in a 1 day game than a 2 dayer. Clubs will always use rules to suit themselves if the umpires let them. That is why umpires need to grow a set. I don't know what club you are from mate and I don't care but I know EVERY club will bend this rule to suit themselves if they are allowed to. Also despite everyone telling us that we are already relegated we are not. We can still avoid it. It is about a 1000-1 shot but it is a shot. I can assure you we haven't given up. Last 1 dayer at home we lost to deepdene by 13 runs.

I'm gonna say that there were a few that may have let some juice into the pitch before putting them down.

Marcellin
Ashy
East Donny - no need to because their wicket is trash regardless
Richmond City definitely!
By the way if you look over the last few years we have played more often on dodgy weather days than most clubs. Unfortunately some rain got through our covers last week. This is pretty much the first time this has happened at KB (in the last 5-6 years anyway).

Why all the hatred towards City? Many other clubs have been found out for doing the dodgy or have been accused of doing a dodgy. Bulleen, known for its "quality" decks, have produced stinkers this season, so why not angle some frustration towards them?

Going to be an interesting last round in Dunstan, particularly down at Eric Raven

Only Deepdene guaranteed a spot, and one of the other 4 contenders will be unlucky to miss

On paper, looks like the GI versus Ashy game is basically an elimination final - loser misses out (assuming SKevs beat ED and Haw beat Marc)

Will be tough on one of those 2, who have been 2 of the form teams since Xmas....will be a belter of a game!

This weeks results:
Harsh 4
XXXX 4
Bob 4
GolfClub 4
Terry 3
Prospector 3
Damien 3
Paintball 3
Igniter 3
council 3
Rozza 1
Lewis J 1
Woodstock 1
Reg 1
Skitso 1
Stumpy 1
Bombers 1
Gravy 1

Leaderboard - Bob home I would suggest.
Bob 36
GolfClub 33
Harsh 32
Damien 32
Terry 31
Paintball 31
Rozza 29
XXXX 29
council 25
Prospector 24
Igniter 23
Skitso 22
Woodstock 18
Lewis J 16
Reg 16
Stumpy 15
Gravy 14
Bombers 13

Quick question terry, does the tipping include finals? If not, I'm going to have to go for broke to catch Bob.

Great last round coming up, bottom 4 are still not certain to stay up, and top 5 still not certain to make finals!

Only MA, ED & Boronia know their fate regarless of results.

Going to be an interesting last round in Dunstan, particularly down at Eric Raven

Only Deepdene guaranteed a spot, and one of the other 4 contenders will be unlucky to miss

On paper, looks like the GI versus Ashy game is basically an elimination final - loser misses out (assuming SKevs beat ED and Haw beat Marc)

Will be tough on one of those 2, who have been 2 of the form teams since Xmas....will be a belter of a game!
I'd love to go to the Ashy game, just to see who wants it more. Realistically, either of those teams would be a big chance if they made it, so it's massive for them. Do we have tips on Top 4 in order and who is going to join RC in A Turf next season?

I'd love to go to the Ashy game, just to see who wants it more. Realistically, either of those teams would be a big chance if they made it, so it's massive for them. Do we have tips on Top 4 in order and who is going to join RC in A Turf next season?
Top 4 in order:
Deepdene
Ashy
St Kevins
Hawthorn

Bulleen to go down with RC

Top 4 in order:
Deepdene
Ashy
St Kevins
Hawthorn

Bulleen to go down with RC

Looks like the predictions of Deepdene scrapping for a finals berth have been proven wide of the mark. A great job from KT to get Bulleen into the Dunstan granny but that side just isn't built for any kind of long term success, North old boys/Bulleen B grade cricketers to go down.

Well what a season! If the H & A is anything to go by, it should be a riveting finals series....speaking of which starts this week with GI vs ASHY. Could sell tickets to that one! Will GI attack be able to keep ASHY to a modest score, will the improved GI batting lineup deliver at home? The other games on paper 'seem' elementary. Early entries from the tipsters say ASHY, not sure about that....

I would hate to see Bulleen go down with the calibre of players they have.

A lot can be learnt from players such as Judd, Tucket, Porter, Davidson & Tsonis and I fear that a few of these players may move on if relegated.

I hope they beat Mont Albert and stay up, and next year, get back into the finals race.

I would hate to see Bulleen go down with the calibre of players they have.

A lot can be learnt from players such as Judd, Tucket, Porter, Davidson & Tsonis and I fear that a few of these players may move on if relegated.

I hope they beat Mont Albert and stay up, and next year, get back into the finals race.

I agree. I would love to see them beat MA and stay up, only so we can all keep playing at their ground. They have too many quality players to go down, I think.

What about GI v Ashy? Who are the players who will stand up and who will fail? Armstrong would want to get runs, because under the heat of real pressure, he's the one who is going to have to play his part. Personally I think Ashy will win and go into the 4 and probably go on to win it. They have classy players who have proven themselves in big games.

Back