Eca 2011/2012

Slack has done the right thing it looks to hang around for a while whilst the stroke makers in that team didn't do the job, 170 at KB is competitive i believe considering scores there in the past, its definately game on

I honestly don't reckon our blokes would have been talking up Slack either so that sounds like some gamesmanship from our friend XXXX.

Hey, I have based my opinions (and that is all they are) on people in the ECA who have credibility. I'm not all over mycricket but it looks like Slack has played over 70x 3XI district games and only averaged 16 with the stick. Based on this I've prob over rated the bloke but hope to be proven wrong over the course of the year. Def agree Porter is class based on what I saw in GF 10/11. Slack v Porter = no contest!

Hey, I have based my opinions (and that is all they are) on people in the ECA who have credibility. I'm not all over mycricket but it looks like Slack has played over 70x 3XI district games and only averaged 16 with the stick. Based on this I've prob over rated the bloke but hope to be proven wrong over the course of the year. Def agree Porter is class based on what I saw in GF 10/11. Slack v Porter = no contest!

I know these are your opinions and I respect that everyone is entitled to them, but I recommend on using mycricket to check someones stats because it is a very handy tool to use in these forums. You don't want to say something about someone and then stats tell you something else.

I know these are your opinions and I respect that everyone is entitled to them, but I recommend on using mycricket to check someones stats because it is a very handy tool to use in these forums. You don't want to say something about someone and then stats tell you something else.

Bob, stats are not always a true indicator. While obviously runs on the board means everything, stats do not always give an indication of a players ability to change or win a game for their side. Also, soley relying on mycricket for statitics can be dangerous because mycricket has only been keeping stats for the ECA over the last couple of seasons.

I don't agree. There aren't too many games which rely more on stats to gauge success than cricket.

Baseball is the only one. If you haven't read Moneyball.....please do.

I believe the Cricket average system is flawed. How can 30*, 30*, 60 be rated higher than someone who scored 100, 100, 100?

I feel it's so important to know other things like balls faced and fours and sixes to get a more accurate picture of batters. If they keep smoking hundreds and winning games for their team, then they are probably pretty good!
Please try and get your My Cricket people to at least put fours and sixes in!

Baseball is the only one. If you haven't read Moneyball.....please do.

I believe the Cricket average system is flawed. How can 30*, 30*, 60 be rated higher than someone who scored 100, 100, 100?

I feel it's so important to know other things like balls faced and fours and sixes to get a more accurate picture of batters. If they keep smoking hundreds and winning games for their team, then they are probably pretty good!
Please try and get your My Cricket people to at least put fours and sixes in!
I don't think 4s and 6s are that important to the outcome of the game. Especicially 2 day games. Blokes who can hang around and are consistent and never give their wicket away easily are like gold. I do agree a bit about averages though. I think aggregate is more important than average. Also shows someone who plays more games. Someone who plays 6 games and makes 200 runs @ 70 is no where near as valuable as someone who can put together a 500 run season @ 50.

Weather will play big part in some strange results today. C'mon Captains ...show you ticker and play aggressive cricket...go for the win!!! Give the underdogs a chance.

The young boys from Marcellin need to grow some balls if they want to survive in Dunstan !!!!
Bulleen gave them 240 from 60 overs....... run rate of 4.00 and they came out and blocked from the first ball.
Now lets back track to round 1 where they made 175 from 40 overs...... Run rate of 4.37
Can i also add, the pitch was a "ROAD" and this is one of the smallest grounds in Dunstan.
They told us after the game that we didnt leave them enough time ?????? Even the umpires were scratching their heads.
Well young pups, going by the numbers above you had plenty of time. If you had of at least had a crack at the total with your top 4 batters and then shut up shop we would of respected that, but to go out there and play negative cricket - No respect.
You might have taken away 3 points from this game but it's a long season of 2 day cricket a head and you will learn
that 6 points not 3 go a long way.
I might sound a bit sour, but todays cricket from Marcellin was SHITE ! Grow some gonads or go back to A grade.

Turn it up champ

What would you expect Marcellin to do? Didnt leave us enough overs to chase the total, along with the good chance of rain to stop play, why risk with a young group on the park the potential to get knocked over especially by a side with seasoned dunstan bowlers?

You be the judge here...

Left Marcelin with 50 overs(MAX) to make 240, along with the fact that there was difficult light, bad captaincy has cost you blokes today, maybe all the coin being thrown around down there is going to waste.
Look at the round one side and youll see three changes, those three being our two openers and number 4.
Came into the game with 3 deubtants. Have a crack at our young side when you develop some of your own talent instead of trying to buy flags.
Dont talk about bad form when your skipper comes back on while cars with headlights on were driving down bulleen road and starts bouncing blokes. And how about the petulance in trying to put the covers on when the umpires took us off with 20 minutes to go with only 4 wickets down.
Also, the umpires thought you were hopeless, congratulated us on batting the day out in tough conditions and referred to your behaviour on the field as childish and deplorable.
Grow up muppet, realise your team is on the slide and deal with it.

ps bulleen, speaking of chasing...howd last years dunstan final go?

Back