Eca 2011/2012

cymbols hey? never heard of em

when it comes down to it, isnt it the umpires final decision on the state of the pitch/ground? has nothing to do with either team?am I wrong?
You know cymbals, they're a percussion instrument that you bang together. And you're quite correct the umpire/s do make the final decision on the state of the gound and pitch and they've never in the history of cricket solicited the opinions of the playing captains or been coerced in in way. The umpires are always right, unless they're wrong.

You know cymbals, they're a percussion instrument that you bang together. And you're quite correct the umpire/s do make the final decision on the state of the gound and pitch and they've never in the history of cricket solicited the opinions of the playing captains or been coerced in in way. The umpires are always right, unless they're wrong.
ah yes, CYMBOLS, i am familiar now.

the umpires are always right, correct. it is something that you just need to deal with

we are not playing for money (well most of us arent) and none of us are professionals what so ever.

find me someone who has made the correct/just/unbiased decisions for their whole life, and I will shake their hand and congratulate them.

It is the umpire's decision, but it is also their RESPONSIBILITY to ensure every effort is made to get the game underway, and I know that sometimes certain umpires are very quick to make a decision.

If Sturgess bros get coin, that would be comical. I suppose if Luke Sturgess got coin, he could have used the money to pay for his medical bills when he dropped the catch in the SF and broke his nose. Another player that should have a balaclava on is that coach from Mulgrave Carter getting 15k and only playing 2's.

Again you say something stupid. Mulgrave pay carter as a COACH not to play. Did this thought ever cross your mind? You don't have to be a gun player to be a good coach

Again you say something stupid. Mulgrave pay carter as a COACH not to play. Did this thought ever cross your mind? You don't have to be a gun player to be a good coach

Couldn't agree more. This bloke is a fool. He has also clearly never dropped a catch in his life and gets satisfcation from other people injuring themselves. Easy to be a hero behind the disguise of a computer!

Shlong you have identifired yourself as a DDB player or supporter.
I spoke to the umpire concern during round 1. He never said one word against DDB which surprised me.
He was disappointed that the game could not be played because of the water on the surrounds. But that was how it panned out.
Both umpires came to the same decision that the game could not be played regardless of what DDB though. He said Ashy had no influence on the decision. He said he did not care what either clubs thought of him but the game and safety will always win out
I checked the subbies web site and find he is umpiring first eleven each week. Whether you liked him or not he was a good umpire compared to what we have now. If you wish to bag him! Tell us why and compare im to what we get now. 5 games at a higher level. We have missed out. I know it sounds like I am a supporter but I think we neeed the best umpire available for any grade. I asked him if he any regrets. He siad not watching his son play each week at Burwood. I know he does not umpire for the money but someone who has given over 15 years of his life to ECA he deserves better.
For heavens sake get him back and move on.

Ok, thanks for confirming he's not a gun. As good a coach u reckon he is, pretty hard to justify 15k when he is playing 2's. Just saying...

Couldn't agree more. This bloke is a fool. He has also clearly never dropped a catch in his life and gets satisfcation from other people injuring themselves. Easy to be a hero behind the disguise of a computer!

I maybe a fool but I NEVER dropped an easy catch in a SF to cost my team a flag. Word is they still haven't forgiven Lukey for it.

Ok, thanks for confirming he's not a gun. As good a coach u reckon he is, pretty hard to justify 15k when he is playing 2's. Just saying...

It doesn't matter what team he is playing in. He is the head coach of Mulgrave and gets paid as a COACH not to play. I can justify 15k because he is a good coach. He might play 2's to help blood the next generation of players at mulgrave.

It doesn't matter what team he is playing in. He is the head coach of Mulgrave and gets paid as a COACH not to play. I can justify 15k because he is a good coach. He might play 2's to help blood the next generation of players at mulgrave.

I agree with you, just saying paying a bloke 15k to coach local cricket is absurd. You can partly justify the appointment if he was a class player, just seems big coin for a coach. I like that he is working with the next generation of players in B Turf, just thought money would be best spent working with 1XI and contributing on-field for the massive coin he is on. The success of a club is measured on 1XI premierships, not B Turf flags! Just saying...

XXXX I agree about the money side. if they are really paying 15 big ones for a coach that isn't a gun firsts player then they either have money to burn or have made a bad choice! I also think a coach can develop players at training..isnt that the point of training? so I think you are wrong there Bobby Tonko.... how do you know if he is a good coach or not??

Att: Council Mayor.
Why did u delete ur post?? How can u say that the measure of the club success is not based on if the 1XI win the flag. I cannot remember who won the B Turf flag in season 10/11, but I remember Ashy winning Dunstan Shield in 10/11. You obviously come from a club starved of success by saying that 1XI flag is not a key indicator of club success. Just saying...

Lucky to have tasted success and have fallen short, but would not know it would feel to drop a catch to secure a GF berth
That narrows down the field considerably. Mulg, MA and Ashy are the ones that have played in winning and losing GF's recently, so I guess you play for one of those. I doubt it would be Mulg, so let's go for MA or Ashy.

Back