Eca 2011/2012

It does look like a few questions were answered, even though there havent been any results yet.

Deepdenes "star" bowling attack looks to have a kink in its armour - belted around by an out of form Ashburton
Glen Iris doesn't have a good enough bowling attack - looks pretty good right now
Mont Albert CERTAINLY won't get relegated now - back to back hundreds from the big man at the top of the order
Bulleen flexing their muscles with a big score

Looks like water is starting to find its level in 2 day cricket, makes for an exciting week next week!
I feel let down by Deepdene. I thought their bowling attack was world class, now I know it's not. I'd love to hear the scores from the game. Don't think Ashy are as 'out of form' as you do. Everyone tipping against MA are silly. Every year they suck at 1 dayers and then play well in 2 dayers and end up near the top. Every year it happens and every year people say they're going no good. It has happened again and I think Prospector might have got it wrong. Bulleen are in the same boat and I think they will go close to finals again - they're too good not to.

Mulgrave were 0-30 so the wicket couldnt have been too diabolical....Dont think GI struggled with the wicket as much. I hear Armstrong copped a poor decision and others were either caught very well or out pushing for quick runs....Does it have to be bad wicket or lack of talent......maybe (just maybe) good bowling?
Yeah, sadly it always comes down to a poor pitch rather that just some outstanding bowling when one team collapses.

Usually Monday mornings are buzzing on here, must be plenty of Deepdene, Mulgrave & East Doncaster blokes on here who have a lot of work to do in the nets this week!

Richmond City look to have done well to make 260 against Hawthorn, any news from that game?

Anything from Boronia?

My tips have gone to sh*t this round.

Yeah, sadly it always comes down to a poor pitch rather that just some outstanding bowling when one team collapses.

Usually Monday mornings are buzzing on here, must be plenty of Deepdene, Mulgrave & East Doncaster blokes on here who have a lot of work to do in the nets this week!

Richmond City look to have done well to make 260 against Hawthorn, any news from that game?

Anything from Boronia?

Stating the obviously, but some MASSIVE scores on the weekend! Looks like Bulleen, Ashy and MA are all going to catch up a bit of ground on the field making the ladder really jam-packed for the post-Christmas run to the finals. Is shaping up like a really interesting season!

Boronia were bowled out for 150ish, skevs 1/10 overnight in reply.

Anything from Boronia?

Terry any info for us?

Terry any info for us?
looks like there was some good batting on the weekend and some very bad. few over 300 which is good to see, and 44! that is one of the worst I have seen in a while. Must have been played at mulgrave then, never easy to score runs down there, was it a bad pitch? good bowling or bad batting? all of the above? any Mulgrave or GI boys here?

looks like there was some good batting on the weekend and some very bad. few over 300 which is good to see, and 44! that is one of the worst I have seen in a while. Must have been played at mulgrave then, never easy to score runs down there, was it a bad pitch? good bowling or bad batting? all of the above? any Mulgrave or GI boys here?

it was just one of those days stumpy!

I'm a GI boy- not great, 4th XI, but according to the fellas it wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, he just bowled with great line and length. I played with him in LOC1 last year- great cricketer, remember him blasting the third best attack in there for a lazy 140-odd. Great bloke too. But not too many demons in the pitch, apparently.

I'm a GI boy- not great, 4th XI, but according to the fellas it wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary, he just bowled with great line and length. I played with him in LOC1 last year- great cricketer, remember him blasting the third best attack in there for a lazy 140-odd. Great bloke too. But not too many demons in the pitch, apparently.
Great chance for them to get 10 points then, should be a defining week before the festive break

I must take my hat off where it is due to Glen iris. After such a good year last year I thought they would be 1 hit wonders but they are definately they are a force to be reckoned with after their performance on sat and the last few games before that

I must take my hat off where it is due to Glen iris. After such a good year last year I thought they would be 1 hit wonders but they are definately they are a force to be reckoned with after their performance on sat and the last few games before that
Yes agree and lets not forget there 2's are pushing top 4 in A turf & I noticed made 300 odd vs Old Carey on Saturday, good depth however still ordinary bunch of blokes IMHO

It does look like a few questions were answered, even though there havent been any results yet.

Deepdenes "star" bowling attack looks to have a kink in its armour - belted around by an out of form Ashburton
Glen Iris doesn't have a good enough bowling attack - looks pretty good right now
Mont Albert CERTAINLY won't get relegated now - back to back hundreds from the big man at the top of the order
Bulleen flexing their muscles with a big score

Looks like water is starting to find its level in 2 day cricket, makes for an exciting week next week!
both MA & Deepdene made finals last year on 10 point wins vs either Cant or N Bawlyn, not sure it will happen this year, they both have lots of ground to make up, def won't go down though. What a dif Spud makes at Bulleen with the bat or ball.

both MA & Deepdene made finals last year on 10 point wins vs either Cant or N Bawlyn, not sure it will happen this year, they both have lots of ground to make up, def won't go down though. What a dif Spud makes at Bulleen with the bat or ball.

Deepdene finished 8th last year. MA were 13 points clear of 4th

Lot's of time left mate, there will be outrights, don't worry, there always is. Spud does make a big difference. Excellent cricketer. Bulleen or MA could both outright their opponents this week, could they not?

Lot's of time left mate, there will be outrights, don't worry, there always is. Spud does make a big difference. Excellent cricketer. Bulleen or MA could both outright their opponents this week, could they not?
Cant & Nth Bal were very poor last year, this year Marc and Bor have upped the ante, will be interesting to see if anyone gets a 10 pointer across the line.

Cant & Nth Bal were very poor last year, this year Marc and Bor have upped the ante, will be interesting to see if anyone gets a 10 pointer across the line.
They were both poor, but remember Cant were 2 and 1 after 3 rounds, having beaten RC and GI (GI 2 down!). NB were very poor all year. Funny things happen in cricket.

13 Dec 11 Marcellin OC v A.Y.C. Marcellin College No 2 Oval
13 Dec 11 Burwood Uniting Canterbury v Surrey Hills Cooper Reserve
13 Dec 11 Clifton Hill v Camberwell Magpies Ramsden Street Reserve
13 Dec 11 STC South Camberwell v Wyclif Fritsch Holzer Reserve
13 Dec 11 Ashburton Willows v Trinity Willison Ashburton Park
13 Dec 11 Deepdene Bears v Boronia Stradbroke Park Sth
13 Dec 11 North Balwyn Combined v Mont Albert Gordon Barnard Oval (top)
13 Dec 11 Mulgrave v Melbourne Deaf Mulgrave Reserve East Oval
13 Dec 11 Glen Iris v Mazenod OC Eric Raven Reserve
13 Dec 11 Deepdene Uniting v North Balwyn Hays Paddock (South)

Back