Eca 2011/2012

The weather might do it for them. Certain teams need to get on - Ashy and Bulleen especially! If the ECA calls it off on Saturday it won't matter, but if it's on, I would think that they would give themselves every chance of staying in Dunstan.
It would be a shame if the weather ruined the last and most eventful week of cricket for the year.

It would be a shame if the weather ruined the last and most eventful week of cricket for the year.
Tipping Deepdene won't want to play, given a washout means they play StKevs rather than Ashy or Haw in a SF. As much as I despise Mulgrave, they should be safe from relegation as they should have secured the 6 points last round, but were washed out needing 40 odd runs to win, and rest of Dunstan got on. In a round where matches are not completed, do the umps still give votes for incomplete games?? Be interesting given some solid individual performances from last Sat may count for nothing in the medal count.

Tipping Deepdene won't want to play, given a washout means they play StKevs rather than Ashy or Haw in a SF. As much as I despise Mulgrave, they should be safe from relegation as they should have secured the 6 points last round, but were washed out needing 40 odd runs to win, and rest of Dunstan got on. In a round where matches are not completed, do the umps still give votes for incomplete games?? Be interesting given some solid individual performances from last Sat may count for nothing in the medal count.

If there is a washout tomorrow, do last weekend's results count towards percentage? If so, what would the ramifications of this be - could Ashburton, St Kevins or Hawthorn change positions because of a change in percentage?

If there is a washout tomorrow, do last weekend's results count towards percentage? If so, what would the ramifications of this be - could Ashburton, St Kevins or Hawthorn change positions because of a change in percentage?
It does count towards percentage, so at this stage, if the ECA called off all turf cricket, I would think it would be Deepdene vs Ashy and Glen Iris vs Skevs

Hawthorn to miss out

In a round where matches are not completed, do the umps still give votes for incomplete games?? Be interesting given some solid individual performances from last Sat may count for nothing in the medal count.
The Answer to that question is the umpires will vote even if the matches are washed out.

Dont worry PBL, Hawthorn will get another crack at it next yr....
Bet Deepdene are shaking in their boots with the prospect of playing Ashy in the SF. If this game was played in any other month of the year, I would tip Deepdene, but unfortunately for the Bears, the SF is played in MARCH, which spells disaster for the top placed side. Is it true the Bears have lost their last six SF games?? No pressure!!

Back