Eca 2012/13

Play in the vtca actually, so unless glen iris are in that comp, I highly doubt I would be playing for them.
You just keep assuming you know best, that's what all great keyboard warriors do!!!

Fair enough just trying to put the facts together.
- you play in a differnt comp BUT
- Follow the ECA forum enough to recall a particualr post about ashy predicted to win
- then just after the game on a Sat night post about GI's win .......
- just seems there was some overexcitment splashed on the keyboard with that post ........ credit though good win by GI and now go into the finals as favorites to take out the Dunstan shield .

Fair call BUT a very remote chance . You would need all 3 bottom sides to win PLUS Boronia and/or ED to pick up some % .

In my books the Eagle have done enough to stay up ...... or should i say Chubba Dinneen has done enough for them to stay up ..... again

I know its remote but dont count anything out until the round has finished

Tipping Update after Round 10

Maestro 39
Council Mayor 37
Watto 35
Paintball Lover 34
The Undertaker 31
Chairman Mao 31
Cricket Stump 29
Washout 29
Mad Max 23

I'm taking on the Mayor in the final round. Will post my tips early and give him a chance. Well done to Watto who has come from way back to hit third spot. Like the games on Saturday, anything is possible Watto.

I think the tipping results show what an even year this has been with just about any team able to beat any other team on their day. The average tipping per round across all of us has been 2.9 (not even a 50-50).

Will be a great final round. Good luck.

My tips for the final round are:

Glen Iris to easily account for Boronia and send them to A Grade.
Marcellin to beat Surrey Hills in a close one.
St.Kevs to only just beat a desperate East Doncaster (Kevs are hot and cold - white hot last game - this week, who knows?)
Ashburton too good for Hawthorn with the hawks starting to become the richmond of the comp and just missing finals again.
Mont Albert to fire up after last weeks embarressment and go for an outright against North Balwyn
Mulgrave over deepdene in the clsoest game of the round - tipping Mulgrave only because they are at home.

My tips for the final round are:

Glen Iris to easily account for Boronia and send them to A Grade.
Marcellin to beat Surrey Hills in a close one.
St.Kevs to only just beat a desperate East Doncaster (Kevs are hot and cold - white hot last game - this week, who knows?)
Ashburton too good for Hawthorn with the hawks starting to become the richmond of the comp and just missing finals again.
Mont Albert to fire up after last weeks embarressment and go for an outright against North Balwyn
Mulgrave over deepdene in the clsoest game of the round - tipping Mulgrave only because they are at home.
Glen Iris
Surrey Hills
Skevies to win outright
Hawthorn
MA to win outright
Deepdene

In regards to Dunstan Medal, is it a formality after Grubich cleaned up the 3 votes from the week-end?? My predictions:
1. Grubich
2. D Day
3. Taylor
4. Cox
5. Lee

Do your research & you would see that these top four players are dominating the champion player stats for Dunstan. You heard of mycricket?? Threw Lee in as a smokey. Who is your top 5 then guru? Played against those day guys, pretty confident but good guys to have a beer with after the game. You got history with them?

Do your research & you would see that these top four players are dominating the champion player stats for Dunstan. You heard of mycricket?? Threw Lee in as a smokey. Who is your top 5 then guru? Played against those day guys, pretty confident but good guys to have a beer with after the game. You got history with them?

Hardly a denial Sister 1.

Dunstan Medal

1. Grubby
2. Dean Day
3. Coxy
4. Parsons
5 .John Dinneen
6. Taylor

Agree with Grubich leading the way, and should have it sewn up. Not convinced D.Day should be that high though. I know the points show that he is up there but of the 4 x 50s hes made, 3 of them have been against the bottom 3 sides, same with his bowling, only against GI did he take a few.

Grubich however, 100 against last years premiers early in the piece, 96 last game against a top 4 side, 56 against last years runners up and an 81 against SH. His bowling hasn't been as outstanding as D.Day but I think hes got it won, and Cox, Parsons and Taylor should be above D.Day.

OK Guys .... letsnot worry about Dunstan Medallists , Finals , the Day brothers etc etc .... Time to get onto some important topics ........ Which Clubs provide the Best and Worst Arvo tea's ?

I rememebr in years gone by you would look at the fixture to see if you were playing Richmond City away theirs was that good ! including Chicken Snitzel Rolls.
Heathmont have a sponsorship with Subway that always was good value..........
This year I would have to say Glen Iris pretty good , Surrey Good ....... Ashburton = Fail

A measure of a good club is the arvo tea !

yep and in case you didnt guess ... im bored at work .

Re: Dunstan Medal
I agree with the top 4 being the top 4, which ever order, depends on the umpires. It is a 3,2,1 voting system so if any player has a dominating game against any club they will get votes.. regardless of if the team is top 4, bottom 4.. last years finals sides (which isn't relevant as the comp changes each year) The person that has done that more than the others will win. Pretty simple.

I think the only BIG games are in the finals, and that determines great players, not as much against any club in the home and away.. unless one player wins off their own bat or ball...

Grubich and Taylor might take votes from eachother. Day and Cox are smokeys for this reason, as they haven't had others taking the votes from their respective clubs. (well not that I respect those clubs, but know what I mean)

OK Guys .... letsnot worry about Dunstan Medallists , Finals , the Day brothers etc etc .... Time to get onto some important topics ........ Which Clubs provide the Best and Worst Arvo tea's ?

I rememebr in years gone by you would look at the fixture to see if you were playing Richmond City away theirs was that good ! including Chicken Snitzel Rolls.
This year I would have to say Glen Iris pretty good , Surrey Good ....... Ashburton = Fail

Your tea this year wasn't much chop undertaker, usually better from you

City and Heathmont were good. Glen Iris do a great spread, so too ED and NB. Skevies and Ashy are no good!

Back