Eca 2012/13

OK Guys .... letsnot worry about Dunstan Medallists , Finals , the Day brothers etc etc .... Time to get onto some important topics ........ Which Clubs provide the Best and Worst Arvo tea's ?

I rememebr in years gone by you would look at the fixture to see if you were playing Richmond City away theirs was that good ! including Chicken Snitzel Rolls.
Heathmont have a sponsorship with Subway that always was good value..........
This year I would have to say Glen Iris pretty good , Surrey Good ....... Ashburton = Fail

A measure of a good club is the arvo tea !

yep and in case you didnt guess ... im bored at work .

An issue close to my heart...but closer to my stomach.

Top 3 so far

Taylor 15 votes
Parsons 14 votes
Grubich 10 votes

I don't think grubich will win, taylor has had more match winning performances than grubich and taylor is more of a team player than grubich. Lots of red inks in there and he made his 100* after GI already passed Deepdene. I did some quick research and taylor has at least 4 BOG a 2 vote game and a 1 vote game.

I think parsons will get second because even though he hasn't had a good year to his standards, every game deepdene have won he has played a big part in each win with bat or ball and is a proven vote getter. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it. I think he will have a good game this week, made a ton vs mully last year.

1. Taylor. Been the most influential player in the comp and deserves it.
2. Grubich - His best year, consistent in performance. Although not consistent in where he bats, hates the hard new ball.
3. Cox - Runs all year and handy wickets may get him a few extra votes. Deserves a Dunstan medal
4. Dinneen - still a star
5. Perera - Kept an average side in Dunstan

tips for this week

GI to beat Boronia
Surrey to beat Marcellin
SKEVS with to much to play for over ED
Ashy with too much class for Hawks
Mont Albert to bounce back against NB
Mulgrave to get the win over Deepdene.

Final 4
GI
MA
SKEVS
AShy

Relegation
Boronia
East Donni

Eventual Winner
Mont Albert

Dunstan Medalist
J. Taylor comfortably

Thanks Undertaker, I'll just steal yours

GI to beat Boronia
Surrey to beat Marcellin
SKEVS with to much to play for over ED
Ashy with too much class for Hawks
Mulgrave to get the win over Deepdene.

GI comfortably over Boronia
Surrey to beat Marcellin
SKEVS easily over ED
Ashy, chastened by last match, to smash the Hawks
Deepdene over Mully

I reckon Mully have fallen into a slump that may have been caused by their late call in bringing out an import who they presumed would dominate and lead them into finals. Whilst he has been ok (I think his bowling is far too loose, which is probably expected of someone who hasn't played in two years), I think Mully, and their players, expected a world beater. Alex was a big loss, but even so, his stats weren't world beating.

Taylor deserves the medal, I think he has more aura around him than any other player this season - things seem to happen when he is around.

My tip for the flag is Ashburton. If you go through finals stats for the past few years, teams very rarely make big scores and if Ashy can bat first and set 220+, it'll be a very tough ask for any team under finals pressure.

GI V Boronia - GI very easily. 2 guys dominating as well as Armstrong. Will possibly win outright.
Surrey V Marcellin - SH after a great chase against Mulgrave last game. Perera runs.
SKEVS V ED - Upset (need to make up ground) Don't think the Thompson Bros will want to be in Aturf.
Ashy V Hawks - Ashy batting too strong. Cox dominating again..
Mont Albert V NB - another upset. MA front runners? NB need more out of their Pom.
Deepdene V Mully - Deepdene on a roll.. but reply too much on parsons.

ECA - I don't think Mulgrave in a slump. Looked at mycricket, they just beat Hawks, and GI.. one loss isn't a slump. same for Ashy then, and MA? Close comp and most teams can win any game.

Good battle for finals, top 6 are all a chance.. good luck to all teams there. Relegation battle on, will be very interesting after saturday... wonder if there will be any more upsets and outrights? Always seems to be a few "interesting" results in the last round!!

I agree with Ashy for flag.

Would throw it open if they didn't make it. If they lose, Stkevs, Hawks and Mulgrave to be in contention isn't it?
Wonder if the Hawks can produce something special and go through...? ED backs against the relegation wall.. might need to recall Vimpani for the game!!

got to love this finals race......

GI easily over Boronia.
Marcellin over SH
SKEVS over ED
Ash to beat Haw
MA over NB but close I have a feeling
Deepdene over Mulgrave

Final 4
GI
MA
SKEVS
ASH

GF- GI vs Stkevins

Medal:
1-2 Taylor, Cox

GI V Boronia - GI very easily. 2 guys dominating as well as Armstrong. Will possibly win outright.
Surrey V Marcellin - SH after a great chase against Mulgrave last game. Perera runs.
SKEVS V ED - Upset (need to make up ground) Don't think the Thompson Bros will want to be in Aturf.
Ashy V Hawks - Ashy batting too strong. Cox dominating again..
Mont Albert V NB - another upset. MA front runners? NB need more out of their Pom.
Deepdene V Mully - Deepdene on a roll.. but reply too much on parsons.

ECA - I don't think Mulgrave in a slump. Looked at mycricket, they just beat Hawks, and GI.. one loss isn't a slump. same for Ashy then, and MA? Close comp and most teams can win any game.

Good battle for finals, top 6 are all a chance.. good luck to all teams there. Relegation battle on, will be very interesting after saturday... wonder if there will be any more upsets and outrights? Always seems to be a few "interesting" results in the last round!!

Gi
Marcellin
East Donny
Hawthorn
MA
Mully

Just when you think it's all done and dusted........

MULLY GO FOR 10 POINTS. What the hell??????

Is the fox officially in the hen house? Are Ashy and Haw playing for bragging rights only? Skevs, after a dominant performance against MA, have now let ED score 240 against them and it will make it a tough run chase with rain predicted during the week.

A few dropped off MA and they've torn NB a new one from the looks of it and GI have put in a good performance against Boronia with Dunstan Medallist Jack Taylor missing out again (getting ahead of himself??). If he has a disappointing Finals, they are just a chance, he is the key.

Going on the results, the top 6 will end up as:
GI 58
MA 54
Mully 46
Ashy 42
Skevs 40
Haw 36

I'm assuming that ED can hold out Skevs on a wet one and that Ashy can chase down 210 and that Mully can get the job done against Deep which looks a given. I thought Deep were on the up too.

A week is an eternity in the ECA

Just when you think it's all done and dusted........

MULLY GO FOR 10 POINTS. What the hell??????

Is the fox officially in the hen house? Are Ashy and Haw playing for bragging rights only? Skevs, after a dominant performance against MA, have now let ED score 240 against them and it will make it a tough run chase with rain predicted during the week.

A few dropped off MA and they've torn NB a new one from the looks of it and GI have put in a good performance against Boronia with Dunstan Medallist Jack Taylor missing out again (getting ahead of himself??). If he has a disappointing Finals, they are just a chance, he is the key.

Going on the results, the top 6 will end up as:
GI 58
MA 54
Mully 46
Ashy 42
Skevs 40
Haw 36

I'm assuming that ED can hold out Skevs on a wet one and that Ashy can chase down 210 and that Mully can get the job done against Deep which looks a given. I thought Deep were on the up too.

A week is an eternity in the ECA

Was going to say same thing PB!! Mulgrave, wow!! Thrown top 4 potentially all around!

Still confident StK will chase ED down, ED bowling apart from Dale is mediocre.

GI should have enough, disagree with "Taylor" comment.. If GI making 300 & 270 with nothing from him makes then more dangerous IMO!

One week of cricket left for most of us, tipping ill be a tad shady this time next week!!

GI easily over Boronia.
Marcellin over SH
SKEVS over ED
Ash to beat Haw
MA over NB but close I have a feeling
Deepdene over Mulgrave

Final 4
GI
MA
SKEVS
ASH

GF- GI vs Stkevins

Medal:
1-2 Taylor, Cox
What a Saturday of cricket!! This has to be one of the more enthralling seasons of cricket with the wild ladder swings......

GI and MA are locks at 1 & 2
Then it gets interesting...
Although they havent done it this year, im going to say St.Kevs will chase score down...

Which means Top 4
GI
MA
MUL
SKEVS

Ashy ruing they couldnt defend 300 and Hawks miss out just (again)

Rain forecast - maybe Mulgrave leap over both haw and ashy with a win already on the board and the last round washed out.

Surely a drama packed weekend ahead with rain, covers, clubs with different opinions and most sides either playing for finals or to avoid relegation.

With green decks, I tip no one chases down a score so final four will be gi,ma, Mully and haw. Bor and nb to play in A grade next season with east Donny pulling one out of the hat

Back