Eca 2012/13

:) I'm doing cart wheels!

FYI Yeo played representative cricket as a junior for ECA, Inner East Emus, Richmond Dowling Shield. First XI cricketer at Scotch. Won ECA Dave Dickie Cup in early 2000s as best junior player in ECA. Good to see a player return to their junior club where it all started.
Got a lot of respect for Yeo if he's not getting paid, would show some great loyalty!!

[quotevoury, post: 557234, member: 21637"]Yeo played for the willows b4 so he might no b getting payed[/quote]
Willows dont exist anymore, had to merge to stay alive as 2 clubs. Will b paying, just through the captain or coach or not on the books. Don't be fooled by past player. They still all want coin of any amount.

Player by name of Marc Brown. Development Coach from England. 26yo.

www.pitchero.com/clubs/netherfieldcricketclub/s/statistics-8622.html

Always interesting to read where people say 'big coin'. How would they know?
Mark Brown played at Preston 2 years ago. Showed plenty of promise. Went back to England and dominated with the bat. Too bad he didn't have another year at Preston. Great pickup for any club. Unfortunately someone made him barrack for Collingwood when he was out here last.

Mark Brown played at Preston 2 years ago. Showed plenty of promise. Went back to England and dominated with the bat. Too bad he didn't have another year at Preston. Great pickup for any club. Unfortunately someone made him barrack for Collingwood when he was out here last.

By knocking all his teeth out so everything he says sounds like "baawwll!"?

Is Wash Out related to Caroline Wilson? Sound obsesed with player payments in ECA and not having anything positive to say, similar to Caro and drugs.

Also could do with an explanation on how mergers work and why they can work for both clubs. Eastern Willows/Ashburton, Glen Iris/Glen Iris Uniting, East Malvern/Tooronga District.

Is Wash Out related to Caroline Wilson? Sound obsesed with player payments in ECA and not having anything positive to say, similar to Caro and drugs.

Also could do with an explanation on how mergers work and why they can work for both clubs. Eastern Willows/Ashburton, Glen Iris/Glen Iris Uniting, East Malvern/Tooronga District.
Does sound like a bitter player who may not have got the amount he requested from his club...

East Malvern & Tooronga have obviously come from different associations and is too fresh to measure their success but I think it was that 1 club had a strong junior club and the other didn't, so made sense for a merger.

Glen Iris & Glen Iris Uniting I think has certainly been successful, Glen Iris have been the best team for the last 3-4 years, just haven't capitalised with a 1st XI flag. Same with juniors

Eastern Willows & Ashburton have won 2 x 1st XI flags since their merger, albeit that their first one was just the Cashburton of old. I think all mergers so far have been successful.

Thanks for the tip outsider- I will certainly endeavour to keep the chit chat up beat in order to placate your sensitivities.

I consider myself a reasonably calm man and, as such, have found the antics of Mr Dunstall on After the Bounce as he berates players who dribble the ball toward goal a little over the top. However, it seems my last post did not send a clear message that wild speculation RE player payments is not only boring, often unfounded as well. Consequently, it baffles me that you fine folk continue to partake in such behaviours. (Outsider- I hope this lives up to your expectations in relation to Big Cricket discourse, if not, by all means let me know and I'll put in place a sub committee to effectively deal with the situation)

Short vexation over.

Has anybody else heard the speculation (yes I appreciate the irony for you grammar fiends of Big Cricket) on a wildly different topic that the ECA intends to bring in a 'No Ham Policy' for afternoon teas this year? I have heard they have cited two main concerns; 1- that we have lost our routes with the churches competition from which the ECA evolved (noting the importance of avoiding the 'cloven hoofed' animals) and 2- a fear of ostracising the emerging Halal minority that plays cricket with us in the ECA.

Naturally, any additional bureaucratic red tape and executive intervention I am in staunch support however I was curious as to how others see this revolutionary approach to mid game sustenance by the ECA?

Has anybody else heard the speculation (yes I appreciate the irony for you grammar fiends of Big Cricket) on a wildly different topic that the ECA intends to bring in a 'No Ham Policy' for afternoon teas this season.

A club in the VTCA that has a long running history of animosity towards another VTCA club with religious links may deliberately make sure all afternoon team when hosting said VTCA club contains either pork, ham or bacon.

As long as the Boston Bun and BBQ Shapes are untouched then few complaints here.

Personally ECA have bigger issues to deal with than telling people whether or not players can eat pork.

A club in the VTCA that has a long running history of animosity towards another VTCA club with religious links may deliberately make sure all afternoon team when hosting said VTCA club contains either pork, ham or bacon.

As long as the Boston Bun and BBQ Shapes are untouched then few complaints here.

Personally ECA have bigger issues to deal with than telling people whether or not players can eat pork.
Don't forget the packet of wagon wheels which is often purchased at the last possible servo on the way to the ground

The party pies and sausage rolls are always a crowd favourite too!!

Best Afternoon Tea I have come across is Abbotsford Anglers at Anderson Park (which is neither anywhere near Abbotsford or water, unless you count Gardiners Creek).

BBQ chicken wings, burgers, sausages. Win the toss and bowl is the go there.

Worst Afternoon Tea, using the if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all rule.

When will the 2013/14 thread start?

Best Afternoon Tea I have come across is Abbotsford Anglers at Anderson Park (which is neither anywhere near Abbotsford or water, unless you count Gardiners Creek).

Worst Afternoon Tea, using the if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all rule.

I think you will find that this all depends on the whether or not the captain is a batsman or a bowler, or just an all round rotund individual.

Best arvo tea, east Malvern rsl about 6 years ago
Worst arvo tea, mazenod and burwood

13 14 whenever you want to start it

Does sound like a bitter player who may not have got the amount he requested from his club...

East Malvern & Tooronga have obviously come from different associations and is too fresh to measure their success but I think it was that 1 club had a strong junior club and the other didn't, so made sense for a merger.

Glen Iris & Glen Iris Uniting I think has certainly been successful, Glen Iris have been the best team for the last 3-4 years, just haven't capitalised with a 1st XI flag. Same with juniors

Eastern Willows & Ashburton have won 2 x 1st XI flags since their merger, albeit that their first one was just the Cashburton of old. I think all mergers so far have been successful.

Which old time great?

Back