Eca 2012/13

Glad to see sense prevailed and the ECA chose to utilise the reserve day.

Moving on my tips as follows:
Surry Hills
Ashburton
Glen Iris
Deepdeene
Hawthorn
Boronia

Intertesting results
Deep losing to NB? WTF?
Mully resurgent against Boronia.
MA getting it done against SH in a low scoring affair
Ashy destroying Marc
Skevs doing it easily against GI
Haw tearing ED apart.

Deep will be disappointed with this

Intertesting results
Deep losing to NB? WTF?
Mully resurgent against Boronia.
MA getting it done against SH in a low scoring affair
Ashy destroying Marc
Skevs doing it easily against GI
Haw tearing ED apart.

Deep will be disappointed with this
And that was with Parson's making 40 and taking 5/10!
SH not up to it, same with Marcellin. Could be long seasons for those two clubs!

Isn't it a bit early to be writing teams off as not up to it? One swallow does not make a summer and I dare say that one early failure with the bat or ball doesn't ruin a summer either. It's how these teams will respond to a poor showing that will define their summers.

I assume you are referring to Fuzzbungle. Run out for 14, not much to rave about.
Considering he is not playing in this league, let's stop blowing his own trumpet by talking about him.

Were all grounds fine on Saturday? I can imagine that subbies and other leagues wished they were playing when the sun was shinning all day!

Any standout performances that haven't been registered on MyCricket yet?

Considering he is not playing in this league, let's stop blowing his own trumpet by talking about him.

Were all grounds fine on Saturday? I can imagine that subbies and other leagues wished they were playing when the sun was shinning all day!

Any standout performances that haven't been registered on MyCricket yet?

I agree about that and lets stop it at that but I just saw it in the paper. North Balwyn seem to be alright this year and Deepdene need more people than Parsons to contribute. I also heard that marcellin have picked up Mitchell Brook ex Northcote player who played 30 games at first XI level

Parsons' performance was the one of the weekend. 40 and 5/10 in a low scoring game? Thats a great effort. Whoever said Tom Evans wasn't playing at NB would probably want to have a look at the scores. He'll be a major asset to them if he's playing all year. Any time District players play, it's good for all of us hacks.

Spoke to a mate from Deepdene after seeing result

Toss was a bit of a factor, wicket had decent damp patch, and they were no more than 40 off 20 at drinks, Parsons got 40 odd but was out in about the 34th over or so which shows how tough it was batting first. Still, pretty fair effort from NB first up to get over the line

Deepdene may find it more difficult this year, Big Dino gawn, opening bat Steele also left and Gartner apparently not bowling any longer.....

Tipping ladder update.
Council Mayor 4
Paintball Lover 4
Maestro 4
Washout 3
Watto 2
Chairman Mao 2

Last week to join. Anyone else who joins this week will automatically get the lowest score for round 2 (2 points)Anyone who misses a round also get lowest score of that round

My tips for round 3 are.

Glen Iris vs Deepdene - Deepdene.
Boronia vs East Doncaster - Boronia
Mont Albert vs Mulgrave - Mont Albert
Hawthorn vs Surrey Hills - Hawthorn
North Balwyn vs Marcellin - Marcellin
Ashburton vs St Kevin's - Ashburton

Tipping ladder update.
Council Mayor 4
Paintball Lover 4
Maestro 4
Washout 3
Watto 2
Chairman Mao 2

Last week to join. Anyone else who joins this week will automatically get the lowest score for round 2 (2 points)Anyone who misses a round also get lowest score of that round

My tips for round 3 are.

Glen Iris vs Deepdene - Deepdene.
Boronia vs East Doncaster - Boronia
Mont Albert vs Mulgrave - Mont Albert
Hawthorn vs Surrey Hills - Hawthorn
North Balwyn vs Marcellin - Marcellin
Ashburton vs St Kevin's - Ashburton

Come on Maestro - have been tipping since the start mate!

I will join in the tips also Maestro.. so I get 2 for last week?

Few upsets.. GI and Deepdene losing was a surprise, and also Mulgrave beating boronia. NB might be quite strong this year... anyone agree? any revised predictions as to who will battle their way to the wooden spoon?
My tip - East Donc, Marc.

Back