England Tour In New Zealand 13

I don't think many people were expecting the day to unfold like this, but for the sake of New Zealand cricket, I'm glad it did. From the gist of the text commentary, England seem to have been dreadful today with their batters getting out to awful shots and their fielders shelling chances. The Blackcaps have stood up to England, though, and they can be mighty proud to walk off the field trailing by only 36 with all 10 wickets in hand.

Would have to be one of NZ's best day's of Test cricket for a long time especially given it was against one of the strongest sides in the world.

Still 3 days left, pile the runs on tomorrow for a big lead.

171, 7th highest individual score on debut.

Strange and soft dismissal from someone that would've been so set.

lol Brownlie gets an absolute gift with Root dropping a regulation catch off him at slip, that's the last thing England can afford at the moment.

England fight back with some wicket to get NZ at 341 for 6, Broad knocking over Watling from a pretty comical leave. NZ need to really press on and fight it out, lead of 174.

McCullum starting to whack a few around.

It looks a pretty cloudy out there at the moment, I hope that weather doesn't interrupt this game again..

Lame going off with a bit of drizzle, probably won't see them out there again today with the light as well.

460 for 9 declared! Great effort from McCullum at the end. Interesting to see if the English are positive or defensive. Loads of time still to come!

The Poms approaching 200 without loss, New Zealand haven't even looked close to getting a wicket from what I've seen.

The Poms approaching 200 without loss, New Zealand haven't even looked close to getting a wicket from what I've seen.

We are looking good, but NZ are really surprising me in this series, they are showing they have the capabilities of really playing good cricket. England could be in for an interesting few days if NZ can just sort out their bowling to back up their batting.

The fact that England was able to bring the match back to a draw on the final day proves that New Zealand were struggling with the fire power in bowling and this showed when Finn came in and struck his first half century off 200+ balls (Finn saves Englands blushes). NZ should have won this one in my opinion and its a pity for NZ cricket they didnt, but it did show they have the batsmen to hit the scores but the bowlers struggled to contain the batting order of England.

The fact that England was able to bring the match back to a draw on the final day proves that New Zealand were struggling with the fire power in bowling and this showed when Finn came in and struck his first half century off 200+ balls (Finn saves Englands blushes). NZ should have won this one in my opinion and its a pity for NZ cricket they didnt, but it did show they have the batsmen to hit the scores but the bowlers struggled to contain the batting order of England.

Neither SA or ENG could have won that match from NZ's position. If anything, the pitch got better to bat on as the Test went on lol.

Neither SA or ENG could have won that match from NZ's position. If anything, the pitch got better to bat on as the Test went on lol.

True it did get better, but for me as an England fan I feel you guys were hard done too and should have nicked it. It would have been brilliant for NZ cricket to have achieved the win. I must say this series of T20 and ODA between NZ and England has been one of the best Ive seen in a long time. NZ are really proving they are a great cricket team.

True it did get better, but for me as an England fan I feel you guys were hard done too and should have nicked it. It would have been brilliant for NZ cricket to have achieved the win. I must say this series of T20 and ODA between NZ and England has been one of the best Ive seen in a long time. NZ are really proving they are a great cricket team.

Yeah I was praying for the victory...sadly no. Hopefully Wellington's pitch has more juice because Eden Park won't...

Back