Extreme Pain In Lower Calf Muscle

Dear Liz, Thank you for your prompt revert. I have attached a picture of my leg. on the picture i have written my comments and problems that i am facing. am currently in office so couldnt get a picture of my bare leg. there is no external swelling though. Let me know your further thoughts on it.

Attachments

• 20150406_095029.jpg
    20150406_095029.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 5
No worries Harvey!

It sounds very much from your notes that your soleus is shortened. It is easy to lengthen, warm it before stretching and try this:

Keep your heels on the ground and try it bare footed as often as you can. Let me know how you get on.

I know the discomfort is not in the soleus but it sounds like compensation.

No worries Harvey!

It sounds very much from your notes that your soleus is shortened. It is easy to lengthen, warm it before stretching and try this:

Keep your heels on the ground and try it bare footed as often as you can. Let me know how you get on.

I know the discomfort is not in the soleus but it sounds like compensation.

Dear Liz,

Thank you. Am gonna try this out. In the meanwhile, can you advice, how to avoid this pain in the future? what kind of exercise much i follow?

HARVey

It is hard to say Harvey. The cause could be technical, mechanical, soft tissue or skeletal; I would need to see you to know for sure. However, a thorough dynamic warm up will help, as will this thread: http://www.bigcricket.com/community/threads/stretches-for-flexibilty-legs.26102/

Dear Liz,

after doing the exercise what you suggested, it feels better. while stretching, i could feel the pain being pulled on that muscle. Thanks so much. I really nly wonder what can i do to stop this pain from happening again in the future.

Regards

HARVey

Hi Liz Ward , I have the same kind of issue but posterior Shin Pain ,, ,, I Have them mostly when I am bowling,, I am seeing a physio he suggested orthotics as he thinks i have flat feet , Im not sure if i go see a podiatrist?? ... or simple go ahead with insoles , the physio has taped my feet and feel bit better every now and then ,, my calf's hurt as well apart from the shin pain ,, what are your views

Thanks
Bilal

Back