Ferguson Out For The Season

a for effort

Ferguson Out For The Season

Ferguson's season ended by knee injury | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com
Callum Ferguson, the Australian one-day batsman, will be out for up to a year after tests revealed he requires a reconstruction of the right knee he injured in the Champions Trophy final. Ferguson will have an operation on his anterior cruciate ligament in the next week and the best-case scenario is a six-month layoff, which rules him out of the home summer.

At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, I think this is one of the single greatest calamities to ever strike Australian sport, or indeed, world sport. I'm not sure the game will ever be the same again.

Excuse me, I'm off to sit in a cave with my fingers in my ears for 6 to 12 months

Re: Ferguson Out For The Season

Ugh, this is awful. It'll hardly hurt the side, given the soft schedule we have over the next 12 months. I just hope that his career doesn't get done over like Jacques' did.

It shouldn't, given his age - but this was a big opportunity for him to press his claim that will now go to other players.

Was his knee the reason for his recent form or was that just his natural inconsistency. I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of him.

I would really prefer Shaun Marsh back.

that is extremely unlucky for him, just hope the surgery is a success and he doesn't become one of the growing number of cricketers who have knee trouble though their career.

Not really a loss for the side as he can be covered for with all of our batters we have. but sad that he has given his opportunity to somebody else. I like the look of him as a player. Hopefully he can make a full recovery and come back better than ever.

Leaves us short a middle order bat in the ODI's/Twenty20's. Expect David Hussey or Adam Voges to come into contention for that spot.

Back