Finger Spin Bowling.

Re: Finger Spin Bowling.

Hey Boris... no probs. If I remember correctly you were the slinger right? I'm sure Liz's coaching straightened you out... or at least your line. hehe

Have fun.

doctortran;384971 said:
Hey Boris... no probs. If I remember correctly you were the slinger right? I'm sure Liz's coaching straightened you out... or at least your line. hehe

Have fun.

Saying I'm a slinger is perhaps an understatement :D

There is no substitute for speed though. My line is right, it's just stopping the constant threat of bowling a bouncer at unpredictable moments. Could have a whole over of good line and length, aim it there for the last ball and suddenly the batsman is either hitting me over the ropes from a pull, getting hit in the head (happens about 1 every three matches... hehehe) or ducking and looking at me angrily. :D

If I have no idea where I'm bowling, then neither can the batsmen ;)

Well I went super with my physiotherapy...

Cricket out for this season, might not see much of a net either.

ouch bad luck there, well with school starting up again i wont have much time on here but anyway still gotta play/talk about cricket

Welcome to the site!

That is a fine site that one, thanks for putting it up. The sections on one day off spin bowling are my favourite and most useful to me from that site. Thanks again.

Any tips you can give in any way I am not going to complain about, so give us everything you've got!

Ok so a funny thing happened to me today, i was bowling 3rd change and our first two sets of bowlers had gone for around 80 runs for no wickets, so i get told by el capitano that i'm on. So i mark my run up and all expecting to be belted around I come in and first ball i got an edge through to keeper, then i proceeded to bowl a wicket maiden, next over first ball the batsman charges way to early so i put a quicker ball down wide of offstump he misses and the keeper gets a stumping and no more runs, the next two overs were good but the new batsmen just worked the singles and got two bounderies so in the end off my 4 overs i got 2/12... it was a good effort I think, espescially cause bowling at 3rd change its rare to get the first wickets of an innings...

T.A Offspinner;387503 said:
Ok so a funny thing happened to me today, i was bowling 3rd change and our first two sets of bowlers had gone for around 80 runs for no wickets, so i get told by el capitano that i'm on. So i mark my run up and all expecting to be belted around I come in and first ball i got an edge through to keeper, then i proceeded to bowl a wicket maiden, next over first ball the batsman charges way to early so i put a quicker ball down wide of offstump he misses and the keeper gets a stumping and no more runs, the next two overs were good but the new batsmen just worked the singles and got two bounderies so in the end off my 4 overs i got 2/12... it was a good effort I think, espescially cause bowling at 3rd change its rare to get the first wickets of an innings...

Sorry about my ignorance but the '3rd change' means you were the 3rd bowler called upon and therefore following the fasts? Is that right? So you're put on facing the openers with a relatively new ball? As far as I'm concerned this makes a lot of sense, opening batsmen don't normally have to play spinners unless of course they've played through all the fast bowlers and are on their way to scoring a big total which then suggests that they're playing well and they're settled and in a good groove. The way I see it - is if you've got half decent spinners in your side offies or leggies you could do eactly as your captain has done and bring on the spinner to bowl into the wind with the fast bowling with the breeze. The change of pace and the completely different approach often ends up as you did with the opening batsmen removed cheaply. Good work I'd say.

when i say 3rd change i mean the third set of bowlers so i was the 5th bowler on, so it was about 20 overs gone with no wicket down...

someblokecalleddave;387509 said:
Sorry about my ignorance but the '3rd change' means you were the 3rd bowler called upon and therefore following the fasts? Is that right? So you're put on facing the openers with a relatively new ball? As far as I'm concerned this makes a lot of sense, opening batsmen don't normally have to play spinners unless of course they've played through all the fast bowlers and are on their way to scoring a big total which then suggests that they're playing well and they're settled and in a good groove. The way I see it - is if you've got half decent spinners in your side offies or leggies you could do eactly as your captain has done and bring on the spinner to bowl into the wind with the fast bowling with the breeze. The change of pace and the completely different approach often ends up as you did with the opening batsmen removed cheaply. Good work I'd say.

To add on that, as an off spinner I have opened the bowling twice in my life time. That also is a good tactic just to throw the randomness in there.

It reminds me of the time when I opened the bowling for rep and took 6/24 off 8 because none of their top-middle order could play spin...

Injured my pointer (spinning) finger after blocking a hefty spike in volleyball today. Looks like training (the only thing I can do with my shoulder injury) is out for another week.

T.A Offspinner;388863 said:
how long on the shoulder and finger? will you play again this season?

Finger is a little thing, will be gone in a couple of days, just a sprain.

The shoulder is another thing altogether. I will be lucky to be playing the next season, let alone this one. Hoping to get everything together by September, but it's not a lock.

Still doing light training though, just putting down a few offies to keep myself in reasonable touch. And as usual I do something like I have to my finger to keep myself from even doing that. :rolleyes:

How is your body holding up? Any issues, especially bowling wise?

My bodies holding up well, espescially after playing three one dayers in one weekend, but i'm feeling a bit run down by a cold so i'm taking a couple of days off school and getting alot of rest, hoping to clear it up by saturay (It would be heaven if it were gone tomorrow). I also have to play touch footy on friday night so i'll see how i feel, and if i do play how i pull up afterwards will have and effect on the descision about cricket.

Colds are one of the worst things to play with. One of those illnesses that are in between... not bad enough to not play but not good enough to play.

Any soreness from your bowling action? A lot of people complain of something or rather.

No mines very fluent so i don't get much of a problem with it, even after bowling around 34 overs in a weekend...

one thing that does give me a little trouble is my elbow when i throw it just feels sort of dislocated almost but after a couple of minutes the pain subsides.

Back