First Class Cricketers GCC/GCA/BPCA has developed

Re: First Class Cricketers GCC/GCA/BPCA has developed

Didnt SB about 10 years ago have a Pom or retired pom come over and Play 3-4 games before he decided it was too easy and not a challenge.

Dinosaur_Maroon&Blue;278331 said:
Didnt SB about 10 years ago have a Pom or retired pom come over and Play 3-4 games before he decided it was too easy and not a challenge.

hmmm, I don't think any South player from the UK has actually ever set the world on fire over here to go back because it was too easy. The two best credentialed players we got were Matthew Dowman (English Under 19 player) and Bobby Chapman, both of these were County players for Notinghamshire at the time. Great blokes but instead of improving our side we were found to be relegated the next season back to Division Two !!

i think that New from manifold and now at east belmont has played 1st class, and wainwright from grovedal has as well...... both poms. prob explains how bad it really is over there

Babies Arm;278382 said:
i think that New from manifold and now at east belmont has played 1st class, and wainwright from grovedal has as well...... both poms. prob explains how bad it really is over there

Correct and Jaik Mickleburgh that played at Newtown last year has since gone on to play County cricket in the uk.

alan connoley or davidson played at sth barwon and went on to play for australia, he has a pic above the entrance to the deck in their rooms. dazza or babies arm will confirm this im sure.

matty harrison, australian u/19 captain i think. harris form st joeys, didnt he play for vics.

Here's some more:

-Paul Sheahan: Vic & Aust (not sure of his GCA background though).
-Peter Cox
-Grant Lindsay

-Aaron Finch (Colac) & Ben Oliver (Castlemaine) played for Vics whilst at Geelong CC but obviously not from Geelong.

Lindsay the last Victorian player to come from a GCA background?

Renny24;278411 said:
Correct and Jaik Mickleburgh that played at Newtown last year has since gone on to play County cricket in the uk.

I believe Jaik made 80 or so for a county 1st XI side. Can't remember who.
Wainwright and New have both made tons recently for County 1st XI sides. Wainwright batting at 10 however.

crktluva;278422 said:
alan connoley or davidson played at sth barwon and went on to play for australia, he has a pic above the entrance to the deck in their rooms. dazza or babies arm will confirm this im sure.

Alan Connelly played for the Swans and also Australia. Probably almost the only GCA player to play for the test side. I am not sure if Redpath played much GCA cricket ?? Not sure about that, but do not believe he did have a GCA club ?

gca_ipl;278888 said:
Alan Connelly played for the Swans and also Australia. Probably almost the only GCA player to play for the test side. I am not sure if Redpath played much GCA cricket ?? Not sure about that, but do not believe he did have a GCA club ?

Wayne Phillips?
Paul Sheahan?
Lindsay Hassett?

hello all 1st time writta long time reada, heard a rumour last nite dat lees from guild is playin at grovedal. any1 confirm dis:eek:

gca_ipl;278888 said:

alan connolley actually came to training one night the only year i played at sth barwon and gave us bowlers some tuition. this was back when sutcliffe was coach.

lions den.;278971 said:
hello all 1st time writta long time reada, heard a rumour last nite dat lees from guild is playin at grovedal. any1 confirm dis:eek:

who is this? that was bloody quick... i went and trained with them last night. i want to play with them they are a great club and guild is to. im talking with my club at the moment and see what we can work out im not going to leave on bad terms though??????

leesy;279144 said:
who is this? that was bloody quick... i went and trained with them last night. i want to play with them they are a great club and guild is to. im talking with my club at the moment and see what we can work out im not going to leave on bad terms though??????

You mean see how much $$$$$$$$$$$ they will offer?:eek:

leesy;279218 said:
gotta love this site haha

if ya go to grovey just remember one thing. dont get ya wizzer out with bazza around, he will shame you like a little little little boy.:eek:

i heard that guild said no to you leaving this year but will clear you next year, any truth to that.

leesy;279144 said:

u gotta be kidding, rnd 4 in2 the season and ur off. gotta be money....... waste if u ask me

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;279233 said:
So where will you be playing Sunday Burdoo reserve or the craphole (Guild)?

who cares

only ever herd bout him this year and his div 3

Back