"Five Finds of IPL" - Kumar Sangakara

D.K

"Five Finds of IPL" - Kumar Sangakara

On opinion of Kumar of who he thinks are the five biggest finds in the IPL

Shaun Marsh
Luke Pomersbach
Shane Watson ? (Hardly a find has been around for a little while)
Yusuf Pathan
Piyush Chawla

Article here

3 are Australians, does this mean the Australian system is just that good?

thoughts.....

Re: "Five Finds of IPL" - Kumar Sangakara

i would have said the Indian system goes alright too, probably not quite as good as the Aussies, but some of the Indian players that have shown they're abilities is fantastic.

The aussie system is fantastic: and it is that simple, that is why you can't play Test Cricket until you are 30 and to be a noted first class player you have to be 27 -28. We do it well here, we do it well

i would say Shaun Marsh was "found" during the most recent Twenty20 big bash. Watson has played test cricket for australia so he would hardly quality as a find. Pomersbach had a solid season for WA and probably hasn't done anything beyond that in the IPL.

I am suprised that Sohail Tanvir was not in this group. His been a revalation 20 wickets in 9 games i think it goes ? That's simply awesome. More then 2 wickets a game.

let's start our own finds then:

now, i can't remember who half of them play for but these are the names i think have shown a bit:

Asnodkar
Sohail Tanvir (has been around a bit before, he has shown heaps)
Shaun Marsh
Piyush Chawla (have to agree with Sangakkara here)

Shane Warne (where has this guy been all this time)

there are plenty more though.

Guru™;218996 said:
On opinion of Kumar of who he thinks are the five biggest finds in the IPL

Shaun Marsh
Luke Pomersbach
Shane Watson ? (Hardly a find has been around for a little while)

thoughts.....

Marsh has surprised me- from nowhere he looks the goods- good temperament and technique.

Pomersbach seems like a one trick pony and its either 100 or nothing. Sure during this tournament there were more scores than nots, but it wasnt as convincing as Marsh.

Watson. He'll get injured again soon- don't worry about him. :D

Would agree that Marsh is the biggest find by far. Watching him just gives me confidence that Australia would be unlucky to fall into a hole and struggle. The guys technique is one of the simplest and better ones i have seen for a few years. Just plays the ball on its merit (something i strive to do week in week out)

Gun @|

el-capitano;219103 said:
Marsh has surprised me- from nowhere he looks the goods- good temperament and technique.

Pomersbach seems like a one trick pony and its either 100 or nothing. Sure during this tournament there were more scores than nots, but it wasnt as convincing as Marsh.

Watson. He'll get injured again soon- don't worry about him. :D

Given that he wasn't as convincing as Marsh, but he didn't it took him 5 or more innings to even get out ? I don't see where your going there. Pommers will be a very exciting batsman for Australia in future years.

Well Sangakara got Yosuf Pathan right, especially after his performance in the final

blacklightning;219433 said:
Yep, has been named in the Indian team that is going to go to Bangladesh.

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/352924.html

Another article just for interest sakes

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/353267.html

This competition could be very good for Indian cricket. If every tournament they get 1 or 2 players called up to the Indian team they will be laughing.

Yosuf Pathan could be the first of a long line of quality cricketers to be discovered by the IPL.

Jolldo87;219492 said:
This competition could be very good for Indian cricket. If every tournament they get 1 or 2 players called up to the Indian team they will be laughing.

Yosuf Pathan could be the first of a long line of quality cricketers to be discovered by the IPL.

Exactly what i just said in the Bigfooty Forum. If they find a Yusuf Pathan, Manpreet Gony and Chawla every tournament. The money they put into this tournament will be well worth it.

Saying that we did discover one SOS Marsh. Luke Pommersbach had a very handy tournament and Shane Watson just confirmed that he would be a great all round cricketer if he could keep fit !

So we did pretty well out of it as well :)

Back