GAMES/QUIZ Thread.

We are all friends so trust each other to be honest after we have all had our turn.
To make it worthwhile say we score points. 5 each word 10 bonus word. Also record your time. If points are shared the quickest time wins. Sound ok?

We are all friends so trust each other to be honest after we have all had our turn.
Ritchie, it's not about trust in any way which we can take for granted. It's about a convenient , one-click way to share results without giving the game away too early in case other users want to join in. This is what the waffle and wordle software offers. (See post #17 in this thread.)

I will have a crack at wordle, but lets also play Jumble. Thomas look for a way to share Jumble results as you are more techno than I. What say you Jessica and any other interested members.

I will have a crack at wordle, but lets also play Jumble. Thomas look for a way to share Jumble results as you are more techno than I. What say you Jessica and any other interested members.
We can proceed in that way but I checked it and found out that there's no convenient way for sharing Jumble results of that website on the web. It's just not a feature of the software. I also checked all the other websites having Jumble.
We could take a screenshot of our results and post it here but you probable can't be bothered to do that and, admittedly, I'm hesitant, too since it's simply not an elegant way.

When shall we start? There's a new game each day and it wouldn't make sense if we didn't do the same.

When shall we start? There's a new game each day and it wouldn't make sense if we didn't do the same.
So you do want to go ahead with Jumble. I could take a screen shot but a big hassle transferring fone pics to my computer. Not sure Jessica is playing so lets compare results on the last one. Did you bookmark your time. Mine was.. (website down for maintenance). What was your solution, was it same as mine; NOT YETI.

Yes, the same message on my screen just now. You can play the same yesterday's jumble here, though.
https://fun.chicagotribune.com/game/uc-jumble-daily-in-color

Shockwave's jumble is offered by other websites, too.
So I played that and it took me 9:11 minutes to finish the four words but failed to get the final bonus words/expression from the cartoon.
You may want to play that for a start.
Have you seen the results of Round 1 as yet. Shockwave is still down. Did I have the cartoon solution correct? Have you completed Round 2 yet? Doubt Jessica and Terry are also playing.

Last edited:
Have you seen the results of Round 1 as yet. Shockwave is still down. Did I have the cartoon solution correct? Have you completed Round 2 yet? Doubt Jessica and Terry are also playing.
I can't say. Round 2 - is that today's game of the 1 Nov? I failed that completely.
Did you do Wordle?

I have solved the Nov 2 jumble in 6m 50s. The solution was rather silly.
It took me 5:38 to work out two words (impel and phobia) of four and I didn't get the cartoon either. So you won this too.:thumbsu:

What about wordle? Did you do it?
My result for 2 Nov is:
Wordle 866 3/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Can you still play that? If not, do #867, please.

It took me 5:38 to work out two words (impel and phobia) of four and I didn't get the cartoon either. So you won this too.:thumbsu:

What about wordle? Did you do it?
My result for 2 Nov is:
Wordle 866 3/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Can you still play that? If not, do #867, please.
You will have to leave me something to get started?

Back