Ganguly, Dravid dropped for CB series.

Re: Ganguly, Dravid dropped for CB series.

Almost_Austwick said:
Is he out there with the squad at the moment?

He is joining them permanently on March 1st, whether he is there before that is merely unofficial (officially, he is currently a batting consultant, but that is obviously not the case).

Kirsten will officially be the coach since March. The home series against South Africa will be his first assignment.

If there isn't anyone to replace Ganguly then what's the point of dropping him? Until we find replacements for the senior players we should give youngsters a chance to play alongside them. The seniors should retire only after their replacements have been identified. Other than that Ganguly and Dravid haven't even been given a chance to retire. The selectors hadn't informed Ganguly and Dravid about it before the announcement was made.

kizza said:
its sehwag playing in the odi series?
Yeah Sehwag is in the squad and he is most likely to open the innings.

Almost_Austwick said:
Is he out there with the squad at the moment?
Correction from me: He is with the squad now.

I've just arrived to meet the Indian team in the hostile cricketing environment of Australia. I am looking forward to spending the next few weeks furthering my knowledge of the players and the inner workings and dynamics of the team. It promises to be a fascinating time ahead and I look forward to getting into the trenches
Source: http://www.performancezone.co.za/

yeah ab is right this is not the way to drop a player like dada. its even worse that a player like karthik is playing and dada is not. no one in their right mind would say that karthik can contribute more to the team than ganguly. his fielding was never good. did they just wake up and realize it suddenly? chappel tried to bring in youth and replace certain senior players but it didnt work, did it? of course the idea of youth is good its nothing new. but then we need to have the talented young players before seniors retire.

According to some reports, the Indian players are not happy with Ganguly's exclusion. They feel that Ganguly should have been forewarned. I agree with that and thats the point I have been stressing.

Why drop him while hes in aus? If they wanted to drop him they should have made it clear before the tour. His best batting is in one dayers anyway and hes striking the ball quite well at the moment if not getting the actual runs.

it is good to look for youngsters but why they dropped him for a tour like australia. india need some experenced players and we only have sachin tendulkar in the team now. dhoni and yuvraj are struggling on the tour. they will have a lot of pressure to perform.
they should not have announced it before the last test. now the players will not be in right mindset.

I heard that Dhoni wanted to drop them. Now if he doesnt score runs then he will become very hated by the fans.

Dropping Ganguly & Dravid was not good.But the sad part is the way it was done and both of them were not communicated about it and they came to know about it from the media person's.
This is the unprofessional attitude of the Cricket board(Selection Committee).

hah i feel sorry for ganguly when he got out in the border-gavaskar trophy test match 4 innings 1,when he got out lbw he looked like he was gonna cry
poor bloke he is good though
who is gonna replace dravid and ganguly?

It is my belief that those players who have been a part of a team should choose when to leave

kizza said:
hah i feel sorry for ganguly when he got out in the border-gavaskar trophy test match 4 innings 1,when he got out lbw he looked like he was gonna cry
poor bloke he is good though
who is gonna replace dravid and ganguly?

Thats the problem. Its not certain that who will replace Ganguly. Sehwag has been brought in to open instead of Ganguly, but in the past when Sehwag used to open Ganguly would bat at 3. That role is played by Gambhir these days, so I guess the selectors feel that Gautam Gambhir will be Ganguly's replacement. Dravid generally bats at 5 so I think we'll have to wait till the CB series starts to see who is going to occupy that position. It could be Rohit Sharma.

Back