2. A.Stanley
3. G.Talarico
4. B.Hauenstein (c)
5. C.Bambury
6. N.Peterson
7. G.Yelland
8. S.Anderson (w/k)

theres my top 8

stiff to miss would be S.Breuer as w/k breaking the south barwon record this season.
and A.Pitts is stiff as well.

Re: GCA/BPCA Team of the year

Babies Arm;336011 said:
GCA

1. A.Baars
2. A.Stanley
3. G.Talarico
4. B.Hauenstein (c)
5. C.Bambury
6. N.Peterson
7. G.Yelland
8. S.Anderson (w/k)

theres my top 8

stiff to miss would be S.Breuer as w/k breaking the south barwon record this season.

In batting order:

GCA

A.Baars
A.Pitts
G.Talarico
C.Bambury
B.Hauenstein(c)
R.Kiddle
G.Yelland
S.Anderson(wk)
D.Morgan
C.Ford
B.Anderton

D.Fanning
12th Man

BPCA

In Batting order:

J.Mallet(c)
C.Welsford
D.Vassiliou
M.Farrell
N.Mallyon-Ciurak
K.Norquay
C.Lucas
B.Riccardo(wk)
J.Murray
P.McGrath
A.Muncey

A.Melville 12th Man

Babies Arm;336011 said:
GCA

1. A.Baars
2. A.Stanley
3. G.Talarico
4. B.Hauenstein (c)
5. C.Bambury
6. N.Peterson
7. G.Yelland
8. S.Anderson (w/k)

theres my top 8

I'll agree with your top 7 then give stanley the gloves because I can and I'll do what you wouldn;t do because your too modest
1. A.Baars
2. A.Stanley (WK)
3. G.Talarico
4. B.Hauenstein (C)
5. C.Bambury
6. N. Peterson
7. G.Yelland
8. D.Morgan
9. C.Ford
10. B.Scown
11. B.Anderton

I'm more worried about leaving Hodgy out more than anyone because I reckon he deserves a spot in there, but that would be the best side IMO.

ants14;336151 said:
I'll agree with your top 7 then give stanley the gloves because I can and I'll do what you wouldn;t do because your too modest
1. A.Baars
2. A.Stanley (WK)
3. G.Talarico
4. B.Hauenstein (C)
5. C.Bambury
6. N. Peterson
7. G.Yelland
8. D.Morgan
9. C.Ford
10. B.Scown
11. B.Anderton

I'm more worried about leaving Hodgy out more than anyone because I reckon he deserves a spot in there, but that would be the best side IMO.

I'm more interested in finding out about Ants form on Saturday night at the mighty Sphinx !! Did you take the Hynes/Mullen shield out on the town ??

gca_ipl;336156 said:
I'm more interested in finding out about Ants form on Saturday night at the mighty Sphinx !! Did you take the Hynes/Mullen shield out on the town ??

Winch/Mullen is the Joeys one, Hynes/Pearce is the Newtown one. Nar man safe and sound at the club, I'm not very trustworthy when I'm on the beers. All I want to know is. The photo that the big Babies Arm sent back with Wonka, Himself, and I couldn't see who the third bloke was, but what was he wearing? That was the strangest get up by the looks of things

ants14;336195 said:
Winch/Mullen is the Joeys one, Hynes/Pearce is the Newtown one. Nar man safe and sound at the club, I'm not very trustworthy when I'm on the beers. All I want to know is. The photo that the big Babies Arm sent back with Wonka, Himself, and I couldn't see who the third bloke was, but what was he wearing? That was the strangest get up by the looks of things

hehe, I have many contacts in this big world of GCA cricket !! No stone is left unturned !! That was Serena Breuer, sister of our 1st XI wicket keeper. And no you would not want to get between her thighs either !!

gca_ipl;336215 said:
hehe, I have many contacts in this big world of GCA cricket !! No stone is left unturned !! That was Serena Breuer, sister of our 1st XI wicket keeper. And no you would not want to get between her thighs either !!

Lol. I think before this gets well off topic, you should give me a team of your own

ants14;336221 said:
Lol. I think before this gets well off topic, you should give me a team of your own

ok, I will have a look. Basically I will be picking the team on the results of the guys as they played against us, not looking at the stat's for the season but rather what we at South Barwon saw and how they performed against us, so their could be a few roughies.

gca_ipl;336240 said:
ok, I will have a look. Basically I will be picking the team on the results of the guys as they played against us, not looking at the stat's for the season but rather what we at South Barwon saw and how they performed against us, so their could be a few roughies.

yeh i didnt look at stats either, the mycricket site has blocked the top 20 for averages anyway

ok GCA Div 1 team of the year.

1 Andrew Baars
2 Adam Pitts
3 Glenn Talarico
4 Brad Hauenstein (c)
5 Chris Bambury
6 Rod Kiddle
7 Travis Faulkhead
8 David Morgan
9 Simon Breuer (wk)
10 Brett Anderton
11 Clinton Ford

Division 2

1 Jarrod Brown
2 Mark Zimmer +
3 Ben Smiljanic
4 Shane Skene
5 Andrew Bourke
6 Steve Illingworth
7 Andrew Spengler
8 Lucas Benci
9 Ben Nichols
10 Craig Booley
11 Tom Aldridge

12 Sean O'Neill

Here's my BPCA Team of the Year & a few justifications on why:

1. Jason Mallett (BH) - 540 runs for the year having misses two games
2. Chris Welsford (BH) - Second most prolific opener with 489 runs
3. Damian Vassiliou (Port) - Two hundreds and 493 runs
4. Craig Lucas (JJ) - One of the major reasons the Sharks are playing finals
5. Michael Farrell (Queens) - Wickets & runs mean a spot id definitely warranted in the side
6. Nik Mallyon-Ciurak (SA) - Very consistent season with the bat
7. Sean O'Leary (SA) - Wicketkeeper/Bat who has amassed 349 runs in only 8 matches for the summer
8. Paul McGrath (Port) - The competitions leading wicket taker & has one hundred to his name
9. Christian Robertson (Ang) - All round quality season
10. Adam Melville (GW) - Second behind McGrath in wickets taken and also made close to 250 runs in a bleak year for the Cheetahs
11. Aaron Muncey (JJ) - Has led from the front with 23 wickets at 15

12th Man: Michael Fabris (Coll)

Unlucky to miss were Brendon Sharpe, Kade Norquay, David Bate & Michael Fabris, Fabris hurt the most by the fact he missed close to a month of the year

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;336023 said:
In batting order:

GCA

A.Baars
A.Pitts
G.Talarico
C.Bambury
B.Hauenstein(c)
R.Kiddle
G.Yelland
S.Anderson(wk)
D.Morgan
C.Ford
B.Anderton

D.Fanning
12th Man

BPCA

In Batting order:

J.Mallet(c)
C.Welsford
D.Vassiliou
M.Farrell
N.Mallyon-Ciurak
K.Norquay
C.Lucas
B.Riccardo(wk)
J.Murray
P.McGrath
A.Muncey

A.Melville 12th Man

Not too far off my Shane, just a few changes I made. I'll be interested to see if Melville gets the nod or misses out because of where they finished

gca_ipl;336156 said:
haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how does daz no we headed to the sphinx.. hahah worst joint... but safe to say i went home alone at a decent time of th enight.. how bout u ants... hahaha

I Bowl Meat Pies;336493 said:
haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how does daz no we headed to the sphinx.. hahah worst joint... but safe to say i went home alone at a decent time of th enight.. how bout u ants... hahaha

Daz knows all. You button it, and use this thread for what its for which is picking a best side. ;)

Fair side. From all 3 changes Hogson has to come in, awesome year and Kiddle to be 12th man.

A.Baars
S.Hall
A.Hodgson
G.Talarico
C.Bambury
B.Hauenstein(c)
G.Yelland
S.Anderson(wk)
D.Morgan
C.Ford
B.Anderton

R.Kiddle12th Man

Why dont we name South/East Side Vs North/West team of the year and the following season have a 50/50 comp before christmas. Would be fantastic veiwing and drinking conditions. Seems rumours have started about going back to the old format. .(What a joke if the GCA do that again)

N/W ------------- S/E
C.Bambury (C) ------------- B.Haunstein (c)
D.Morgan ------------- B.Anderton
G.Talarico ------------- C.Ford
S.Hall ------------- A.Pitts
A.Stanley (wk) ------------- S.Anderson (wk)
D.Fanning ------------- R.Kiddle
A.Hodgson ------------- A.Baars
D.Hughes ------------- G.Yelland

Thats my start someone else can finish

it better be just a rumour, it ruined cricket in my opinion. will somebody please get a ticket together and out these fools who currently run the GCA. im sure most people think they do some very strange things against most clubs wishes, all to benefit their own clubs or their own egos. imagine how good local cricket would be if all decisions that effect clubs were made by the clubs, simple majority rules vote system.

crktluva;337565 said:
it better be just a rumour, it ruined cricket in my opinion. will somebody please get a ticket together and out these fools who currently run the GCA. im sure most people think they do some very strange things against most clubs wishes, all to benefit their own clubs or their own egos. imagine how good local cricket would be if all decisions that effect clubs were made by the clubs, simple majority rules vote system.

My suggestion is a rebel comp! The GPL (Geelong Premier League). Would only consist of one dayers and T20 games. Each club would pay a certain amount to compete in the comp and at years end, the winner takes all.

Jurassic Park;337548 said:
Fair side. From all 3 changes Hogson has to come in, awesome year and Kiddle to be 12th man.

A.Baars
S.Hall
A.Hodgson
G.Talarico
C.Bambury
B.Hauenstein(c)
G.Yelland
S.Anderson(wk)
D.Morgan
C.Ford
B.Anderton

R.Kiddle12th Man

Why dont we name South/East Side Vs North/West team of the year and the following season have a 50/50 comp before christmas. Would be fantastic veiwing and drinking conditions. Seems rumours have started about going back to the old format. .(What a joke if the GCA do that again)

N/W ------------- S/E
C.Bambury (C) ------------- B.Haunstein (c)
D.Morgan ------------- B.Anderton
G.Talarico ------------- C.Ford
S.Hall ------------- A.Pitts
A.Stanley (wk) ------------- S.Anderson (wk)
D.Fanning ------------- R.Kiddle
A.Hodgson ------------- A.Baars
D.Hughes ------------- G.Yelland

Thats my start someone else can finish

Good to see you found a spot for yourself there cuz;) LOL:D

Back