GCA/BPCA Team of the year

Re: GCA/BPCA Team of the year

So what would the sides be, i don;t think i played seniors when it was like that
North West- North geelong, geelong west, lara,

South East- South Barwon, east belmont

Just fill those in for me if you dont mind :D

ants14;337714 said:
So what would the sides be, i don;t think i played seniors when it was like that
North West- North geelong, geelong west, lara,

South East- South Barwon, east belmont

Just fill those in for me if you dont mind :D

North west.. north geel, lara, west, bph, joeys, bell park, manifold, st peters, newtown, city

south east.. grovey, south barwon, east, thomson, newcomb, leopold, a.t, highton, torquay, waurn ponds

thats roughly wat i think it was back in that dismal season

I Bowl Meat Pies;337741 said:
North west.. north geel, lara, west, bph, joeys, bell park, manifold, st peters, newtown, city

south east.. grovey, south barwon, east, thomson, newcomb, leopold, a.t, highton, torquay, waurn ponds

thats roughly wat i think it was back in that dismal season

i think city and at were swapping but yeh fair enough

ants14;337756 said:
i think city and at were swapping but yeh fair enough
yerr.. a.t were with us and city were in the other one... cos city and east both made the granny and were both from the other comp

I Bowl Meat Pies;337758 said:
yerr.. a.t were with us and city were in the other one... cos city and east both made the granny and were both from the other comp

well i think we'd have the ability to win every one of those games if it were to change.
big plus not having to ply east, grovey or south before finals

it was a disgrace ants, trust me ya dont wanna play it. means two best sides if in one division cant play in grand final, div 2 sides getting smashed by div 1, no fun for any club, everyone hated it. another brilliant decision by the GCA. only club who i think benefited from any of that crap was Geelong West, they learnt what it takes to play good Div 1 cricket and went about it and lifted their game. all it did was make good div 2 clubs worse, and div 1 clubs bored.

crktluva;337888 said:
it was a disgrace ants, trust me ya dont wanna play it. means two best sides if in one division cant play in grand final, div 2 sides getting smashed by div 1, no fun for any club, everyone hated it. another brilliant decision by the GCA. only club who i think benefited from any of that crap was Geelong West, they learnt what it takes to play good Div 1 cricket and went about it and lifted their game. all it did was make good div 2 clubs worse, and div 1 clubs bored.

And for all those reasons and more, it will not happen. Not a chance.

Crktluva, a sincere question. You really hate both GCA & BPCA admin with an unrivalled passion I've never seen in anyone before! Any particular reason?

I'm not, nor ever have been on any GCA committee or sub-committee so feel free to vent.

Look here;337938 said:
And for all those reasons and more, it will not happen. Not a chance.

Crktluva, a sincere question. You really hate both GCA & BPCA admin with an unrivalled passion I've never seen in anyone before! Any particular reason?

I'm not, nor ever have been on any GCA committee or sub-committee so feel free to vent.

ok here goes, GCA pissed me right off years ago when my old club marshall was a strong and climbing div 2 club, they then put us and other clubs in that stupid format of north/south. we then got pumped against div 1 clubs at a time we were rebuilding quite succesfully towards winning a 1st XI flag, players then lose interest and go elsewhere. fisher, dew, and the gang outed bell post hill unfairly. they constantly changed the criteria and rules sometimes without telling clubs so as to benefit themselves, clubs then find out when its too late. they as an exec can change regulations without notice, but they cant change rules, so they did when ever it suited them. there was many an argument had at GCA meetings and when people tried to bring things up they say " no thats not on the agenda, you have to put it in writing" load of crap. then agg says ill go for pres and change all this and let clubs have a say, he comes in and does sweet f.a for clubs.

BPCA, ive only been invloved in the league as a player for 3 years, but they are spineless as we have seen. They cant even follow their own constitution and let clubs over power them on decisions.

i know its voluntary, but dont bother if ya cant do it porperly or fairly. some times they get it right, but mostly they get it wrong. they knpw its wrong but it suits them or their club, and that shits me right off. i suppose i might be a bit bitter against GCA more coz i spent over a decade busting my arse for a club that i loved. only to have those dick heads stuff it all up.

by the way, there are plenty who think the same as me when it comes to GCA or BPCA, im just happy to put it out there.

BPCA 4ths

Peter Smith (C)
Rod Baker
Adrian Hildebrand
Rick Ninness
Sam Wayth
Larry Russel (WK)
Andrew Beardsell
Simon Irwin
Jeremy Pettiford
Chris Skeen
Ross McDonald

12th - Matt Toohey

Babies Arm;336011 said:
GCA

1. A.Baars
2. A.Stanley
3. G.Talarico
4. B.Hauenstein (c)
5. C.Bambury
6. N.Peterson
7. G.Yelland
8. S.Anderson (w/k)

theres my top 8

stiff to miss would be S.Breuer as w/k breaking the south barwon record this season.
and A.Pitts is stiff as well.

cant beleive you couldnt slip kelvin ford in the team

The Couta;341939 said:
BPCA 4ths

Peter Smith (C)
Rod Baker
Adrian Hildebrand
Rick Ninness
Sam Wayth
Larry Russel (WK)
Andrew Beardsell