GCA Divison 2 Previews and Predictions

Re: GCA Divison 2 Previews and Predictions

cow-corner;363122 said:
dunno mate just thought i would go against what everyone else said lol:p

been an extremely mixed bag on predictions, should be intriguing to find where some of the dark horses, North Shore,Newcomb&Torquay all end up. but im sure Marshall will be looking at bottom end again sorry

Recap of player movements:
Alexander Thomson In: Sean Arnott (Corio) Chris Runia (GWSC) Out: Michael Cox (Highton)

Bell Park In: Mick Brown (Lara) Ben Whitehill (Corio Bay) Jack Campbell (Inverleigh) Reece Illig (Lara) Aaron Randall (Lara) Out: ???

Guild/St.Marys ???

Highton In: Michael Cox (Highton) Michael Gill (Thomson) Out:???

Marshall ???

Murgheboluc In: Nathan Bissett (Leopold) Out: ???

Newcomb In: ??? Out: Damian Koliba/Kelvin Ford/Clinton Ford (All SB) Nathan Clarke (Retired)

North Shore In: ??? Out: Mitch Troy (NG)

Thomson In: Jayden Hicks (Maryborough) Casey Lang (Apollo Bay) Jason Woods (BPH) Louis Bentley (England) Out: Michael Gill (Highton) Martyn East (England)

Torquay ???

St.Peters In: David Boyd (SB) Dave Hambrook (SB) Charlie Lamb (England) Adam Gaylard (Unretired) Out: ???

Waurn Ponds ???

a for effort;364279 said:

Thomson In: Jayden Hicks (Maryborough) Casey Lang (Apollo Bay) Jason Woods (BPH) Louis Bentley (England) Out: Michael Gill (Highton) Martyn East (England)

St.Peters In: David Boyd (SB) Dave Hambrook (SB) Charlie Lamb (England) Adam Gaylard (Unretired) Out: ???

Interesting to see that woodsy has gone over to play with u blokes... played plenty of 2s and 3s at the hill... where is he likely to play for u blokes

also gaylard out of retirement again... is he the john farhnam of the gca

a for effort;364279 said:

St Peters: In: David Boyd (Sth Barwon), Dave Hambrook (Sth Barwon), Charlie Lamb, Adam Gaylard, Import from England, Mitch Sleeman (BPH), 3 x dudes from Portarlington, Mark Flanders (back from injury), Grant Byrne (St Joeys). Out: Nil.

Renny24;364294 said:
St Peters: In: David Boyd (Sth Barwon), Dave Hambrook (Sth Barwon), Charlie Lamb, Adam Gaylard, Import from England, Mitch Sleeman (BPH), 3 x dudes from Portarlington, Mark Flanders (back from injury), Grant Byrne (St Joeys). Out: Nil.

Any relation to Ned?

a for effort;364298 said:
St.Peters quickly becoming the team to beat

not sure if the number of players coming into the club mean it will become the side to beat. Will definetely improve the depth of the club but to make them the team to beat is still unanswered. If the Pommie import is the guy coming out to stay with Dave Hambrook then I do not think he is going to be an instant 1st XI selection, but he will add some good depth to the club. It is very hard to see how sides will go until one or two rounds into the season.

gca_ipl;364306 said:
not sure if the number of players coming into the club mean it will become the side to beat. Will definetely improve the depth of the club but to make them the team to beat is still unanswered. If the Pommie import is the guy coming out to stay with Dave Hambrook then I do not think he is going to be an instant 1st XI selection, but he will add some good depth to the club. It is very hard to see how sides will go until one or two rounds into the season.

1.G.Nelson
2.D.Boyd
3.S.Illingworth
4.A.Gaylard
5.D.Hambrook
6.C.Nelson
7.J.Whitehand
8.Pommy/Macarthur/Debeer/Brasier/Clarke/Holbrook
9.L.Guthridge
10.M.Sleeman
11.C.Lamb

That side will take some beating

We'll see a4e, however, i suspect your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek. They will go well.

For the record above, we definately have a guy called Mark Zahra playing from the VTCA, and we are very hopeful of another 2 guys, one from Geelong and another from Subbies. Plus we have Thommo and Tom Dunn all year, as oppopsed to half a season last year! Should make us more consistent, and hopefully up there with the likes of yourselves, who, despite your protestations, are the team to beat.

a for effort;364308 said:
1.G.Nelson
2.D.Boyd
3.S.Illingworth
4.A.Gaylard
5.D.Hambrook
6.C.Nelson
7.J.Whitehand
8.Pommy/Macarthur/Debeer/Brasier/Clarke/Holbrook
9.L.Guthridge
10.M.Sleeman
11.C.Lamb

That side will take some beating

Take it easy boys, let's just concentrate on making finals first. We have been lucky enough and recruited well enough to put some depth into the club but after a lacklustre season last year, we needed it. The 2nds will be strong and aiming for 3 flags in 4 years.

Batting would look more like this i would say, if all the cards fell the right way:

G Nelson
M Baker
S Illingworth
D Boyd
A Gaylard
D Hambrook
C Nelson
M Flanders
M Sleeman
L Guthridge
C Lamb

Boyd would probably start off keeping with McArthur in the wings. Holbrook, Debeer, Brasier, Clarke, H Illingworth, Hester, Whitehand, McCabe all 2nds to start with i would say. And that's only if every one is on the paddock of course. No rash predictions here boys, we will improve through weight of numbers and obviously, everyone would be aiming for a Top 2 finish. Thomson for mine still the one to beat though.

supersaintjohnny;364305 said:
Any relation to Ned?

Missed last season due to injury. VC of GWSP side and thus needed to get himself right for GFL. Very, very handy all-rounder. Bowls tight fast-mediums and bats neatly at 7, 8, 9.

AB1;364309 said:
We'll see a4e, however, i suspect your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek. They will go well.

For the record above, we definately have a guy called Mark Zahra playing from the VTCA, and we are very hopeful of another 2 guys, one from Geelong and another from Subbies. Plus we have Thommo and Tom Dunn all year, as oppopsed to half a season last year! Should make us more consistent, and hopefully up there with the likes of yourselves, who, despite your protestations, are the team to beat.

Is Zahra the jockey? Who is coming from Geelong CC?
All happening at Spring Creek AB1 :D

Louis Bentley big inclusion for the Thomson Tigers - left hand middle order.

thommy_rissole;364420 said:
Is Zahra the jockey? Who is coming from Geelong CC?
All happening at Spring Creek AB1 :D

Louis Bentley big inclusion for the Thomson Tigers - left hand middle order.

No idea mate....

Careful putting undue pressure on your import before he gets here Tommy, you know what happened last time....As a Yorkshireman, i struggle to fathom Thomson's fascination with lads from t'other side of t'hills.

AB1;364450 said:
No idea mate....

Careful putting undue pressure on your import before he gets here Tommy, you know what happened last time....As a Yorkshireman, i struggle to fathom Thomson's fascination with lads from t'other side of t'hills.

I thought East was pretty good last year :D McCoy was an absolute spud though, I agree with you there.

We try to get Yorkshireman but as you well know, they come with a heavy price tag.

So AB1, who is the bloke from Geelong CC?

thommy_rissole;364453 said:
I thought East was pretty good last year :D McCoy was an absolute spud though, I agree with you there.

We try to get Yorkshireman but as you well know, they come with a heavy price tag.

So AB1, who is the bloke from Geelong CC?

I could dross on about "lose 7 coaches and pay for a tyke", but it's beneath me....

Can't say, you know me better than that Tommy.

Back