GCA Divison 2 Previews and Predictions

Re: GCA Divison 2 Previews and Predictions

Just on the 2 BPH players that were talked about a little while back ....woods and sleeman ..... i would be surprisd if either played consistantly in the 1's ....neither really made it past the 3rds at BPH, mitch made a truckload in the threes last year and gained a spot in the 2nds only to make a handful of runs in his 2 or 3 games never really made the step up to turf and as for him batting 9 or 10 i would hope to god he is not considering bowling!!, would be a handy keeper though......and as for woods......finished in the 4ths last year before giving it away never really had a decent crack.....both would play2nds i would imagine

Ladder;

Marshall
St.Peters
Highton
Thompson
Murghebuloc
Torquey
---------
alexander Thompson
Newcomb
Waurn Ponds
North Shore
Bell Park
Guild St Mary's

Big improvers Marshall! Do your research boys!!!! :D

fickleback;366416 said:
Ladder;

Marshall
St.Peters
Highton
Thompson
Murghebuloc
Torquey
---------
alexander Thompson
Newcomb
Waurn Ponds
North Shore
Bell Park
Guild St Mary's

Big improvers Marshall! Do your research boys!!!! :D

Oh really? Who have you picked up?

fickleback;366424 said:
Cammaroto gone, new culture, few new boys, new beggining! ;)

I must say there was probably around 30 at their training last night and it looked pretty structured. Not sure of the players which have been picked up but believe there new coach has had experience at Geelong and Grovedale. Coached at Geelong College or one of the private schools also. Will be interested to see how they go. #1 position is a huge jump from where they finished last season though, but I think the club would just be looking for overall improvement and fighting out for a finals spot first before conquering the competition.

fickleback;366424 said:
Cammaroto gone, new culture, few new boys, new beggining! ;)

well i do know that newcomb bulls opening bowler from last year, brad greenwood has been picked up to play for you blokes. he decided against playing for us because marshall were going to pay for gear and spikes and membership or something.

ants14;366509 said:
well i do know that newcomb bulls opening bowler from last year, brad greenwood has been picked up to play for you blokes. he decided against playing for us because marshall were going to pay for gear and spikes and membership or something.
i hope thats a joke !!!!! greeny went there for gear... over playing turf at north geelong.. or even geelong west.. which was also on the cards

ants14;366509 said:

I Bowl Meat Pies;366586 said:
i hope thats a joke !!!!! greeny went there for gear... over playing turf at north geelong.. or even geelong west.. which was also on the cards

No Joke!!! Greeny's a grizzly bear now! :D

gca_ipl;366445 said:
I must say there was probably around 30 at their training last night and it looked pretty structured. Not sure of the players which have been picked up but believe there new coach has had experience at Geelong and Grovedale. Coached at Geelong College or one of the private schools also. Will be interested to see how they go. #1 position is a huge jump from where they finished last season though, but I think the club would just be looking for overall improvement and fighting out for a finals spot first before conquering the competition.

Yes regular good numbers at training at Marshall. New coach used to coach in the bellarine.

Yeah, number 1 is a huge jump, i'm just shit stiring! But I think they will definately be the big improvers this year!:p

fickleback;366605 said:
Yes regular good numbers at training at Marshall. New coach used to coach in the bellarine.

Yeah, number 1 is a huge jump, i'm just shit stiring! But I think they will definately be the big improvers this year!:p
whos your coach?

mdf30586;366606 said:
whos your coach?

I don't play for Marshall (i'm a chick!) my brother does, so i'm not sure of his full name. I do know he is known as ''Sykesy'' though.

his name is rohan sykes, he did play at geelong and coach geelong grammar, and he didnt coahc in the bellerine, he played at wallington in B grade only because he couldnt commit, dominated b grade with a batting average of about 90 and can bowl. he is a very good cricketer, interesting to see how he goes back on the turf after a break from it, but i would say he will make runs for sure, he would probably play ones at most clubs in GCA, maybe twos at a real strong div 1. oh yeah, and he is shit at cards, take him for what ya can.

Games and tips for Rd1

Waurn Ponds v HIGHTON
Newcomb v MURGHEBOLUC
Alexander Thomson v ST PETERS
North Shore v THOMSON
MARSHALL v Guild Saints
TORQUAY v Bell Park

Have a go and we'll keep a running total.

Waurn Ponds v HIGHTON
NEWCOMB v Murgheboluc
Alexander Thomson v ST PETERS
North Shore v THOMSON
Marshall v GUILD
TORQUAY v Bell Park

If there's any interest I'll start up a tipping thread with leaderboard etc

waurn ponds v HIGHTON
newcomb v MURGHEBOLUC
alexander t v ST PETERS